Profile for Parachute > Reviews

Content by Parachute

Parachute

Effipro Spot On Flea Treatment For Cats (4)
Effipro Spot On Flea Treatment For Cats (4)
Offered by VetePet
Price: 5.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Is it the hot Suffolk summer breeding superfleas? This ..., 5 Aug 2014
Is it the hot Suffolk summer breeding superfleas? This treatment lasts about a week or so before the blighters return. Both cats treated twice in a month to no avail, so I'm going to try something else.

Here's to the Ladies
Here's to the Ladies
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a singer!, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Here's to the Ladies (Audio CD)
I agree entirely with the only other review of this CD - it is sensational. Why don't we know more about Christine Andreas? I heard one song from this album (If he walked into my life) on Elaine Paige's BBC2 show recently and thought Wow! What a voice! This album is dedicated to some of the greats of Broadway musicals, but frankly she sounds better than many of them. Her voice can soar brilliantly and touch the heartstrings, and then have you dancing round the kitchen (I could have danced all night). Why so few albums from her? She is a treasure.

Clatronic AE 3465 Automatic Juicer
Clatronic AE 3465 Automatic Juicer

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, 10 Sep 2013
Firstly, this is my first juicer, so I can't compare it with any other, and I was slightly concerned that I'd never heard of Clatronic. But I was attracted by the price for a 1000W machine in stainless steel. I looked at feedback on other makes and what seemed important was the amount of juice extracted and ease of cleaning. I'd say that this machine scores well on both. My teenage son, always the expert on technology, couldn't wait to get at it and threw in a few oranges, unpeeled, and wondered why he spat out the results. I spent the next few days juicing all sorts before I realised I needed a decent book with recipes. I made a few witches' brews but drank the lot and am still here to write about it. The juicer seems hugely powerful, getting through carrots in no time.
The only slight concern is a plasticky taste in the juice, which I'm assuming is due to the machine's newness and will disappear in time.

For those determined to buy one (make more space on your counter for yet another gadget and accept more washing up each day) this seems excellent value. As a last note, the juicer is shipped direct from Germany and did take a few weeks to arrive, which I didn't pick up on when I ordered it.

Pergolesi: Stabat Mater; Salve Regina in F minor (Virtuoso series)
Pergolesi: Stabat Mater; Salve Regina in F minor (Virtuoso series)
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly, 19 April 2013
Glorious, soaring voices to enthrall us. It is superb in every way. I would recommend this CD to anyone who loves the pure sound of the human voice.

Urine Off - Small Animal Urine Cleaning Spray - 500ml
Urine Off - Small Animal Urine Cleaning Spray - 500ml
Offered by Puddle Pet Care
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoe rescue thanks to Urine Off, 15 Oct 2012
Cats are perfidious creatures. Mine have had love and care lavished on them, but the truth came out after I dared to take a few days holiday, leaving them with teenage son. On my return the female greeted me by peeing in my shoe that I'd kicked off in the hall. She had positioned her little rear end over my delicate shoe with surprising accuracy, especially as husband's size 12 brogues were nearby and untouched. Afterwards I ranted at how my favourite shoes were ruined, the pee already absorbed into the leather. I should add that a peeing accident on shoes in the past had rendered them useless, despite every known detergent being thrown at them. So I found Urine Off on Amazon and it arrived a few days later, together with Feliway to calm feline nerves. By this time the shoe was isolated in the garden, such was the stench. But - I can now inform you that the Urine Off spray got rid of 90% of the smell. Which is good enough for me. I wore the shoes all summer and the cat has been forgiven.

Feliway Diffuser (Plug-In)
Feliway Diffuser (Plug-In)
Offered by VetePet
Price: 16.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Moggy magic!, 20 Sep 2012
This review is from: Feliway Diffuser (Plug-In) (Misc.)
Our problem started when we took a week's holiday and left my teenage son in charge of the two cats. Apart from benign neglect, he also left the odd window open when he was out - and neighbouring alley cats took advantage and invaded. When we arrived back, the smell of cat pee knocked us back. Despite their dearest mummy returning, our two cats (a male and female, both neutered) continued to spray as if in competition. After a fortnight husband made threats to rehome them, so I had to act. I honestly didn't think this product could possibly work, but it did! Within 24 hours of plug in, the peeing stopped. The bottle is almost empty so I'll see if we need a refill....Fingers crossed.