Profile for Stu > Reviews

Brasher Hillwalker II GTX Mens Hiking Boots - Chocolate
Brasher Hillwalker II GTX Mens Hiking Boots - Chocolate
Price: £83.99 - £120.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but they slip on wet surfaces, 15 Jan 2014
I wish I could give these five stars. I have had them for a year now, and found them comfortable, waterproof and lightweight, but unfortunately they also slip on wet surfaces. Although I am normally quite sure-footed, on coastal walks in the winter months, I slipped on wet grass, muddy paths and wet stony paths. Watch out also when climbing over styes.

Despite their chunky appearance, the soles just don't grip well in these conditions. I can't help thinking Brasher should adopt vibram, or some other high performance sole, to fix this problem. If they did, these boots would be almost perfect. As they are so well made in all other respects, the answer may be to spray the grip with artists fixative, or hairspray before going on a rugged walk.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2014 10:40 PM BST

Thursday (Remixes)
Thursday (Remixes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great remixes, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Thursday (Remixes) (MP3 Download)
Just listened to the Thursday (Remixes) download, and was struck by the fast paced Eddie Amadoor remix - what a great interpretation of the single. The Mindskap remix is pretty good too. I can't wait to hear the Audio CD.

4 Pairs Mens or Womens Large Merino Wool Blend Walking Hiking Socks
4 Pairs Mens or Womens Large Merino Wool Blend Walking Hiking Socks
Offered by Once Upon A Time ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Toasty warm socks, 9 Feb 2013
These socks felt snug and comfortable without that clammy feeling you get with with some cotton socks. They were warm in snowy conditions- better than my other walking socks. In fact, they're probably too warm for the summer, but for winter wearing they're brilliant.

Merrell Men's Pantheon Sport Gore-tex® Lace Up
Merrell Men's Pantheon Sport Gore-tex® Lace Up
Offered by Shoedeal

5.0 out of 5 stars Good grip, kept me dry, 2 Feb 2013
I have been wearing these for three weeks now, outdoors in snow and rain, and indoors all the time, as they are so comfortable. The insoles felt a bit hard at first, but this quickly got better. Their grip on smooth ice was the best I have found - better even than my hiking boots (from another brand). In the rain (a heavy , short shower), they got wet on the outside, but my feet stayed dry, so I was happy.