Profile for M.Honey > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Country Wisdom & Folklore Yule Advent Calendar
Country Wisdom & Folklore Yule Advent Calendar

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 23 Oct. 2012
I loved the idea behind this calendar, I'm not religious but like to have an advent calendar. I thought this would be ideal. I was impressed by the speedy delivery, I only ordered it yesterday but the product quality is disappointing. The image is very poor and pixelated, perhaps that is supposed to be the style of it but it just looks like a small image blown up way too much. What a shame, I'll probably buy myself another one with a snowy scene on it or something.

Timex Easy Reader Women's Black Leather Strap Silver-Tone Case with Date T2H331
Timex Easy Reader Women's Black Leather Strap Silver-Tone Case with Date T2H331

3.0 out of 5 stars not so perfect as I thought, 17 Feb. 2012
Just an update, my watch fell off this morning! The strap has broken right where it connects to the watch face so there's no attempting to fix it. I did find that within a month one of the little strips of leather that keeps the strap in place came off and within weeks the 2nd one came off too so I had to make a replacement (out of embroidery thread) otherwise it would've been very annoying. I'm going to have to go and buy a new strap now, not very good given I've had it less than 6 months! Perhaps the leather was just TOO soft!

Original review - I've had the same watch for almost 25 years. I thought it was about time for a new one as it was looking a bit worse for wear but of course I wanted something similar as it suited my needs. This watch was perfect, exactly what I was after.

The face of the watch is about the size of a 10p, just slightly smaller. The strap is actually quite long, I don't have petite wrists and am on hole 5 with 4 spare. So about right. The leather is lovely and soft. It's better quality than the kind you normally get as a replacement strap. It's thicker, more rounded and basically a very nice comfortable refined shape.

The dial is clear and the date is easily seen (I don't know why some people have trouble with it). If you push in the winder the screen lights up so you can see the time in gloomy or non existant light. Very handy and better than other watches I researched that seemed to have a permanent light on for some strange reason!

Keeps good time, easy to wind on, reasonably easy to change the date though I always find it fiddly on this kind of watch as you have to have the winder just 1/2 out. Can't fault it really. So glad I bought it!!!

Ktwo Christmas Labels Gift Wrap Stickers Gift Idea Stocking Filler
Ktwo Christmas Labels Gift Wrap Stickers Gift Idea Stocking Filler

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but not quite 5 stars, 18 Nov. 2011
These are lovely tags in the Scandanavian style. They come in a book, (slightly smaller than expected) with several leafs of stickers. I was hoping for a bit more variety but it's several designs repeated over. Hence 4 rather than 5 stars. Still, they are nice and thick and good quality. I'm going to use them with plain wrapping paper for a simple look which I think will be lovely. :)

The Dairy Book of Home Cookery
The Dairy Book of Home Cookery
by Sonia Allison

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential!!, 4 Nov. 2011
This is my most used cookbook. I'm not really one for following recipes to be honest but when I do need to I always turn to this book. My mum has a copy and I was delighted when I got my own one. It's well loved with sticky pages and a wornout spine. Brilliant for those basic things you think 'hmm, how do I do that?' such as yorkshire puds, crumble, pancakes, cheese sauce etc. 100% recommend. Far better than modern cookbooks.

20 Pairs of Howard Leight Laser Lite Ear Plugs
20 Pairs of Howard Leight Laser Lite Ear Plugs
Offered by Aaron Chemicals Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Best I've Tried, 19 July 2011
I have trouble sleeping, especially if there is any noise what-so-ever. The birds wake me, traffic, TV's, even people breathing!! As I was going on holiday with a large group and sharing a room I was dreading it. I bought several different types (that I'd not tried before) and lucky for me these were the first ones I tried on night one. They're great!!! I slept far better than I normally do on holiday. They weren't uncomfortable like ones I've tried before, the crinkly noise you get as they expand lasts a matter of seconds rather than ages and my ears didn't feel all blocked up like when you've a cold.

The other thing is I suffer from tinitis and in the past earplugs have just made this worse, the noise inside my head seemed to be louder than what I was trying to block out! But had no trouble for some reason with these earplugs. Super value as you get loads and they're really cheap. Definitely recommend. Doesn't block out all sound but deadens it enough to be able to sleep, and believe me a mouse sneezing across the street would keep me awake normally!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as other elle socks, 1 April 2011
I always get Elle bamboo socks with seamless toes. I have very sensitive feet and they're the best most soft comfy socks I've found. However, I put these on for about a minute and had to change into some old socks. For me the weave is too coarse, they seem thin and cheap in comparison to the other socks I've bought and I couldn't tell they were made from bamboo as they didn't feel at all soft. Very disappointed, what a waste of money as I shall never wear them.

Grisport Unisex Pisa Hiking Boot Green CMG018 6.5 UK
Grisport Unisex Pisa Hiking Boot Green CMG018 6.5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable from day one, 11 Mar. 2011
I started buying these boots about 4yrs ago. They don't last particularly long, after a year or so the soles start to crack (and the insoles wear out quickly) however I do wear them pretty much EVERY day. For someone just walking at weekends I imagine they'll last a lot longer than that.

Besides, at this price it's still great value, especially as they're so comfortable. They don't really need any walking in, and as someone who has trouble finding comfy footwear they're great. The kind of walking I do is probably mid range - rocky footpaths, boggy moors, woodland tracks varied terrain basically and the boots cope well with all of these. They're fine going up and down hill too, with previous boots I've had I would slide to the front of the boot squishing my toes going down hill. The ankle area is nicely padded and provides adequate support without being constrictive. They're also really light which is good when hill-walking as you don't get so tired.

So despite the short life span they're definitely value for money and a good buy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2011 2:26 PM BST

Belkin N Wireless Router with Simple Security Set up for use with a Cable (DSL) Modem only (F5D8236uk4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective!, 26 Jan. 2011
I bought this based on the reviews as I'm not 100% technically knowledgeable and wanted something that sounded reasonably easy to set up. And it was! Got it working in no time. I was able to use the disc provided as my PC has XP but I used the interface for setting up the security key. The only problem I had was when I turned the security on it wouldn't work but after texting a friend I discovered all I had to do was right click on my network, and then properties and it brought up the bit where you put the password in. Yes I'm a total wifi novice!! Least, I was. The reception is brilliant, I can use my laptop anywhere in the house (haven't ventured outdoors seeing as it's Winter!) and am now addicted to surfing! (Incidentally I'm with Virgin-cable, 1/2 the price of their router!)

Night of the Living Trekkies
Night of the Living Trekkies
by Kevin David Anderson

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun easy read, 12 Jan. 2011
I really enjoyed this book, sadly it took no time at all to read but that's partly because I didn't want to put it down. A very traditional zombie story but the trek angle is what kept me interested. Saying that I did find they went a bit far with the explanations, surely someone reading this book will be fairly well versed in the trek Universe and therefore won't require the author to spell out every reference. I did find that quite annoying. But that's the only negative which is why it got 4 rather than 5 stars.

If you're a trek fan then I think you'll enjoy it. I must admit zombies are my least fave horror genre but that didn't put me off at all.

Microfibre Topper - Double
Microfibre Topper - Double

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me unfortunately, 12 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Microfibre Topper - Double
I bought this on the basis of the other reviews, however personally I didn't find it very comfortable at all and it's been consigned to the spare room. The product looks nice, feels soft and is fairly deep (about an inch I'd say) so I thought it was going to be great. However because the squares are very large the filling is a bit uneven and where the stitching is there is no filling so it makes it feel a bit lumpy. You feel your mattress through those areas so it's quite weird really.

I'm surprised at the other reviews but each to their own I suppose.

The company however sent it very quickly and it was well packaged so I have no complaints against them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5