Profile for S. Allen > Reviews

Content by S. Allen

S. Allen (Cheshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
WD Red 6 TB For NAS 3.5 inch Desktop hard drive for 1-8 bay Network Attached Storage

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast, 18 Jan. 2015
I bought four of these to put in a Synology diskstation. I have had them about three weeks now and have worked them really hard as I arrange (then re-arrange) all my data. They are very fast, more than 110MB/sec (880 Mb/sec) when copying from one disk to another in the diskstation.

Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player
Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 18 Jan. 2015
We have only used it for iPlayer so far, but it works really well. We don't watch much TV - not enough to go to the bother of recording stuff - but now we can catch up on what we miss if we have been out. It was easy to set up.

Asus RT-AC68U Wireless Broadband Router
Asus RT-AC68U Wireless Broadband Router

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent router, 18 Jan. 2015
I recently got Virgin Media. The Virgin superhub is fine, but this one allows a little more control. You can have guest networks, etc, etc (see full specs). You can also see not only how much data you have downloaded, but also how much you have uploaded too. In the event that a virus takes over your computer and decides to send your files to someone else, you would be able to see that there is way to much data being transmitted. (I know, I know, I'm paranoid.)

D-Link 8 Port Gigabit Easy Desktop Switch
D-Link 8 Port Gigabit Easy Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Good switch, 18 Jan. 2015
Works fine. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Cheaper than the TP link one, but looks smarter (its white, and smaller). Bought one of each and they are both fine.

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive for PC and Mac - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy, speedy, 18 Jan. 2015
I bought 2 of these drives. They are very slim and very fast. They are reasonably fast if your PC only has a USB 2 port. But if you have USB 3 on your computer, then these things are really, really speedy.

EE 4G 6GB Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband Nano SIM
EE 4G 6GB Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband Nano SIM
Offered by EBS Telecoms

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you get the right one, 10 Dec. 2014
Ha Ha Ha - I ordered the wrong one initially, and broke it trying to fit it in. Expensive mistake.

There are two products: "EE 4G 6GB Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband Combi Sim" and "EE 4G 6GB Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband Nano SIM". These are two different products, but the customer reviews are all listed together. For an iPad Air, order the Nano sim.

When I got the correct product it was a bit tedious to set up - you have to register the sim and also create an EE account if you don't already have one. I also installed the EE app onto the iPad, which is straightforward. When the sim runs out, just order another one.

I've got it all working now and its fine - good download speeds, fast browsing, etc. I like it and will buy more in the future.

P.S. These cost £30.00 at the EE shop, but they install for you, so no risk of damage.

Ultra Swim Reflenishing Shampoo - 7 Oz (Pack Of 3)
Ultra Swim Reflenishing Shampoo - 7 Oz (Pack Of 3)
Offered by OTCFORYOU

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best, 23 July 2014
Ultra swim is good stuff. I used to be able to buy it in most of my local supermarkets but can now only get it from the USA. I've tried them all and this is still the best. I swim 5 or 6 times a week and need good chlorine shampoo to stop my hair going sticky. I use it in combination with a mid-priced conditioner and my hair feels nice.

Zoggs Predator - Blue/Silver/Clear
Zoggs Predator - Blue/Silver/Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Best goggles around, 23 July 2014
Zoggs are my favourite goggles. I swim 5 or 6 times a week and need good goggles that last well. My previous pair lasted 18 months and are still good enough to take on holiday. This pair are just as good - comfy and clear.

Osmo UV Protection Oil 420 Extra (Exterior) 2.5 ltr Tin
Osmo UV Protection Oil 420 Extra (Exterior) 2.5 ltr Tin
Offered by Kitchener Flooring LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 23 July 2014
We have a cedar clad extension (how posh is that?) and used this to keep the wood looking fresh. We bought a tin four years ago and it works well. This tin was bought as a refresher coat. Easy to use.

Universal Cable organiser
Universal Cable organiser
Offered by BROXY

5.0 out of 5 stars Really neat, 23 July 2014
Very useful for avoiding cable tangle when taking several gadgets, and all their chargers, on holiday. Its a simple enough idea and actually works well in practice, too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6