Profile for S. Allen > Reviews

SanDisk SDCZ33-008G-B35 8GB Cruzer Fit USB 2.0 Flash Drive
SanDisk SDCZ33-008G-B35 8GB Cruzer Fit USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Offered by UKStocked

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for MP3s for car, 19 Dec. 2012
Just fill it with music you like to sing to when you're driving.
Plug into your car stereo.
Start singing.
This 8GB stick holds about 70 hours music (MP3s at 256kbps). If you've got more than that, buy a bigger one (or buy two). Its really tiny so won't get in your way.

WD My Passport 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Blue
WD My Passport 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine - so far, 26 July 2012
I bought two of these on 6th July and have worked both of them quite hard, copying lots of data. But, after reading Karin's review (26th July) I'm a bit worried that my precious data will disappear.

Its a USB 3 drive. My PC is a fast one, though I only have USB 2. But I can say that the drive is very speedy using the supplied cable. You can also use a normal Micro USB cable, but the speeds seem slower. Not sure why that should be!

If I had not read Karin's review, I would have been very happy with this drive.

SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDXC 64 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card 30 MB/s + SD Adapter + Memory Zone App (SDSDQU-032G-U46A)
Offered by secondbyte micros

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly on Galaxy Note or Tab, but be aware, 21 Jun. 2012
I had to format it on my desktop before the Note or the Tab (original seven inch version) would recognise it. Then I could format it on the Note. So don't despair if you pop it into your Note or Tab and it says "damaged card" - just format it on your PC or laptop first, then you can format it in your Note or Tab. Only takes a few seconds for each of these steps.

Proporta Aluminium Memory/SIM Card Holder
Proporta Aluminium Memory/SIM Card Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars Desceptively simple., 5 May 2012
It is easy to insert the SD cards, and once in they are unlikely to fall out. You take them out by pushing them down and forwards from the top. The unit just about fits into a credit card slot in your wallet, but note that its thicker than a credit card. Its smooth - feels nice in your hand with no sharp edges - yet sturdy enough to carry your precious data.

Saddler Leather Zip Top Coin Purse with Front Zip Pocket - Teal Blue
Saddler Leather Zip Top Coin Purse with Front Zip Pocket - Teal Blue
Offered by Destination Fashion

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and attractive, 23 April 2012
This is a small, attractive coin purse. It doesn't take up much room in your pocket or handbag but does not look like a cheap child's purse. I chose a light, bright colour so that I can easily find it at the bottom of my handbag.

Bagbase Gymsac in Sapphire blue
Bagbase Gymsac in Sapphire blue
Offered by COOZO

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and strong, 23 April 2012
This bag takes my wet towel and swimming costume such that I can put them in my gym bag without getting everything else in there damp. Its stronger than I need, but that's OK. I'm tempted to buy additional bags for general purposes. They are certainly strong enough to carry even - say - half a dozen bottles of wine without you worrying whether they would cope.

In Car USB 2 way charger
In Car USB 2 way charger
Offered by BPSALESDIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful gadget, 17 April 2012
Works fine in my Clio. I can charge my mobile and my MP3 player at the same time. You need to supply your own cables, naturally.

SUNNY SAVERS SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE N7000 GT-N7000 PURPLE 'S' WAVE GEL / SILICONE / HYBRID CASE COVER SKIN WITH FREE SCREEN PROTECTOR

5.0 out of 5 stars Sure grip, 17 April 2012
This is a good fit for my Note and I like the colour, though be aware its more purple than the picture suggests. It makes the Note much easier to grip while adding little to its size and weight. Cut outs for S-pen, camera and micro USB slots are all well positioned. You have to press the power button quite firmly through the case - there is no cut-out - which means you are less likely to accidentally turn the power on or off. It also reduces the number of times you accidentally press the volume rocker, which drove me nuts when I first got my Note. Haven't tried the screen protector because I don't need it.

Brand New Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable Flash Drive SD T-Flash Card Adapter FOR Samsung GT-i9100 i9100 Galaxy S II 2 GT-N7000 Galaxy Note
Offered by gamingcrazyuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little gadget, 17 April 2012
Stick the micro USB end into the bottom of your mobile phone (or whatever) and attach a USB stick to the other end. You can watch/listen to any videos or music direct from the stick. I have quite a few old USB sticks so I can pre-load them with videos to watch on my phone (Galaxy Note) on long journeys or on holiday, which is exactly what I wanted it for. Have tried it on sticks up to 32Gb - they all happen to be FAT32, so haven't tried it with NTFS.

OK, you could do the same with a series of micro SD cards, but then you would have to faff about taking the back cover off you phone.

Samsung E1150 Flip Fold Sim Free Mobile Phone - Titanium Silver
Samsung E1150 Flip Fold Sim Free Mobile Phone - Titanium Silver
Offered by GSM-Fonz - (New Year Sale! Up to 90% price Drop)

1.0 out of 5 stars Non-standard charger, 13 April 2012
If you read Wikipedia's entry on USB (section 6.3 mobile device charger standards) and also their entry Common External Power Supply then you would get the impression that all new mobile phones would be chargeable by a micro usb lead and charger. For some reason, Samsung have decided that their small phones will have a proprietary charger. This means that I have to buy an extra cable so that I can charge my phone in the car and also that I have to remember to take this non-standard charger when I travel. All my other devices (MP3 players, Kindle, Buetooth headphones, smartphone, etc.) charge with either a mini or a micro USB cable (attached to a computer or a charger) so I am thoroughly cheesed off to find I have bought a device that uses a proprietary charger. I thought those days had gone.

I can give this phone to someone whose needs are much simpler than mine, so if anyone knows of a micro-USB chargeable, small, simple, cheap phone for calls and texts, I would be grateful if you would add a comment to this post. It would be useful knowledge for other potential buyers.

I have ordered a cable (Samsung Data Cable APCBS10BSE) but that is not the point.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2014 10:44 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6