Profile for j > Reviews

Content by j

j (glasgow, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Pet Heat Pad 33cm x 44cm Vinyl & with fleece cover Dog cat Puppy Kitten
Pet Heat Pad 33cm x 44cm Vinyl & with fleece cover Dog cat Puppy Kitten
Offered by Warwick Whelping Boxes® - Petz Paradise

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog is very happy with it!, 8 Sep 2013
I couldn't decide on 4 or 5 stars (4.5* for sure). My only criticism is that it has only one setting: "On" and on a mild-ish day its a bit warm for the old girl. Having said that, After several weeks use, I am extremely pleased with it, it warms up quite rapidly, I like the robustness of the electrical cable (and no adapters), the cover is soft and well made. No need to worry about my dog feeling the chill as winter approaches. Prompt delivery etc.

Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice gaming keyboard, 8 Sep 2013
I shall admit straight off that its my 12 yr old son who loves the keyboard. I think is pretty nice with good sharp keypress and a quality build feel about it. He loves the look of it too, particularly the backlit keys, and the programmable functions are handy (apparently) for gaming. As soon as the USB was connected it worked. We did a bit of research before purchase and I feel that it is good value for the price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Gi!, 29 Sep 2010
The gi washes well, is not too tedious to iron, fits nicely and we are very pleased with it. The jacket is a normal length (not overly long as some are) and the length of the legs is appropriate for "normal" proportions!

Timex Teen Quartz Analogue Youth Black Fast Wrap Strap Watch- T712914E
Timex Teen Quartz Analogue Youth Black Fast Wrap Strap Watch- T712914E

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Youth's Watch, 29 Sep 2010
My 10 year old son was over the moon with this watch, he particularly loves the backlight and design on the face. It's not too large for him, looks good, is fairly classic and really fits the bill on all counts. We are very pleased with it.

Vacuum Bags to fit Bosch G Type 5 Pack
Vacuum Bags to fit Bosch G Type 5 Pack
Offered by Suds-Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Vaccum Bags, 27 Jun 2010
The bags arrived promptly etc. so no problem there. They seem to work ok, and I have not noticed any sign of leakage inside machine. However, I used one of the original Bosch bags that came with the machine first and have to say my impression is that the original is a superior bag. Will be using up the paper ones, because they are ok, but before my next purchase will check the difference in price to help me decide if the Bosch bag is worth the extra dosh!

Bosch TWK6031 Cordless Jug Kettle White
Bosch TWK6031 Cordless Jug Kettle White

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Kettle, 28 July 2009
I bought this kettle about 6 months ago and am very pleased with it. It works well, is quiet, looks pretty good and does not leak! I agree with other reviewers that the water level indicator is poor and you need to pick it up to check that it has enough water in it sometimes. Otherwise, an excellent kettle. (if I could have, I would only have taken 1/2 a star off for water level indicator)

Delia's How to Cook Book Two
Delia's How to Cook Book Two
by Delia Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cookbook - great price!, 28 July 2009
Fab recipies and well laid out. Arrived promptly. I bought a second-hand copy and it looked as if it had just been sitting on a shelf. Highly recommended. Am delighted with the purchase and intend to buy pre-owned for all my "new" cookbooks - it really is a great bargain.

Dreamland Single Pure Luxury Soft Fleece Electric Underblanket
Dreamland Single Pure Luxury Soft Fleece Electric Underblanket

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 5 Jun 2009
I bought one of these for my child (who loves to be comfortable) and it is great. the fleece is soft and quite thick, the timer / temp adjustment work well, although to be honest the "10 min" heat up promise not quite accurate - 15 mins I recon! I was so impressed with it I bought one for my mother for Christmas and she loves it too.

Higher Computing Second Edition With Answers
Higher Computing Second Edition With Answers
by John Walsh

4.0 out of 5 stars Higher Computing - Usefull, 5 Jun 2009
Not always the easiest of reads, but a good, in depth resource. Personally I like the answers - makes it easier to gauge exactly what is being looked for.

Memoirs of Hadrian: And Reflections on the Composition of Memoirs of Hadrian (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Marguerite Yourcenar

5.0 out of 5 stars What a story!, 5 Jun 2009
I have read this book a couple of times now and I love it. (It has even been purchased for gifts). Well (very well) researched, well written pretty inspirational and even amusing. I heard it reveiwed on Radio 4 and they rated it highly. I concur.

Page: 1 | 2