Profile for B. Park > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
How to Live on 24 Hours a Day
How to Live on 24 Hours a Day

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing how similar this old book is, to now, 22 Jun. 2015
It wanders off a bit towards the end, and even though it's a very short book, there's still a lot in here that could have been written in half as many words, but I'd have to recommend it because it's free, and more importantly - it's actually quite interesting. Considering how old this book is, it's fascinating to spot many of what I would assume to be "modern" problems contained within it.
Despite it pre-dating television, and him having a shorter commute than a lot, and what I'd consider very favourable working hours (although he does appear to be working 6-day weeks at various points), he claims he doesn't have enough time to get things done, even though he doesn't have to do any cooking/cleaning/food shopping. He procrastinates doing things like "heavy smoking" instead. As you do.

The "I'd better start getting ready for bed" feeling an hour before he does is oddly familiar, and his obsession with skim-reading 8 newspapers a day is surely just that day's version of Facebook/Twitter updates and our constant need for more information.
Definitely worth a read.

Topping TP21 Class T Digital Mini Amplifier with Headphone 25 WPC
Topping TP21 Class T Digital Mini Amplifier with Headphone 25 WPC
Offered by Xtron-Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bad. It does the job., 22 Jun. 2015
I can't really fault this. I thought it'd probably be too cheap to be good, but it's fine. I've wired in some old speakers someone gave me that used to be part of their surround sound setup, and it is such an improvement over the budget computer speakers (with amp, 3.5mm jack, etc.) that were plugged in before.
It's a bit odd the way the volume works. I seem to get very small increments as it goes up until it gets to the top end, when slight changes increase the volume more. It's also not all that loud, but it might depend on what speakers you have plugged into it, and how loud your source is.
Overall, it does the job fine for me for listening to music off the Internet via a tablet (terrible phone signals in my house but wifi is fine..weirdly) without the tinny built in speaker or the budget computer speakers I was using before, and it was cheaper than a decent bluetooth speaker.

It's Not Me, It's You!: Impossible perfectionist, 27, seeks very very very tidy woman

4.0 out of 5 stars While undoubtedly funny in places, 7 May 2015
It's ok-good. While undoubtedly funny in places, it does get a bit tedious towards the end, and I was just wanting him to get on with it and send the text! There are some bits I found myself agreeing with him about, and some bits where his fussiness and neatness started to get on my nerves. That's probably what it's like being him. An interesting read nonetheless.

Konig FTP Cat6 Shielded Twisted Pair Network Cable on 50m Reel
Konig FTP Cat6 Shielded Twisted Pair Network Cable on 50m Reel

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems quite good quality cable, 7 May 2015
Just cabled my house with this after giving up with powerline network adapters which kept cutting out at random. Now my computer upstairs gets the same speed as I get downstairs. Seems quite good quality cable, but I don't install cable regularly so can't comment if it's better/worse than rivals.

Draper 28967 6-Piece Box Wrench Set
Draper 28967 6-Piece Box Wrench Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Would give these 6 stars if I could. I ..., 7 May 2015
Would give these 6 stars if I could. I wish I'd bought them when I was working on the bathroom, as they saved me a lot of hassle with removing some kitchen taps (and installing new ones). Much easier than trying to use a normal wrench, if you're undoing a nut in a confined space.

UniBond 1574858 300ml Window and Door Frame Sealant Cartridge - White
UniBond 1574858 300ml Window and Door Frame Sealant Cartridge - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Goes on cleanly and seems to set quite fast. ..., 7 May 2015
Goes on cleanly and seems to set quite fast. It seems quite hard to get out of the tube though, and when you stop pushing it out, it keeps on going for a while first. It also started coming back up the inside of the tube too, which is a bit wasteful. Overall though, did the job I needed it for.

Draper 13816 Stud Detector
Draper 13816 Stud Detector
Offered by XPN1

4.0 out of 5 stars so that's good. So far, 7 May 2015
Quite difficult to know if it works or not. It detects things and beeps but short of drilling in places where it's beeping, how do I know if it's really found metal or it's just beeping at random? So far, I've been using it and haven't drilled through any cables, so that's good. So far, I think it works.

Ring Cyba-Lite LED Headlamp
Ring Cyba-Lite LED Headlamp

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and light, 7 May 2015
Nice and light, very simple to use. Much handier than holding a torch, if you're doing something in a confined space like a cupboard (looking at a water tank) or in a loft.

CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder
CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder
Offered by Buy Zone Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad. It's a strong magnet, 7 May 2015
Not bad. It's a strong magnet, so it'll find metal like a magnet would. The spirit level isn't very useful because there isn't a flat edge to it anywhere. So you can make the level straight, but then what are you measuring it against exactly?

Anker® 6ft / 1.8m Micro USB to USB Cable. High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B for Android, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Sprint, Nokia, LG, HP, Sony, Blackberry and many more.
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars In fact it feels better made than the original manufacturer's cable it replaced, 25 Jan. 2015
Seems very well made. In fact it feels better made than the original manufacturer's cable it replaced.
I bought this because I wanted to mount a tablet on the wall and the power socket was too far away to charge it using the original cable. It seems to charge the device I plugged it into, well.
Also the packaging is very nice. It's all paper and cardboard, so it can all be recycled.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5