Profile for Jenny Eatwell > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Godsteed: Book 1 Night of Wolves: Volume 1
Godsteed: Book 1 Night of Wolves: Volume 1
by BJ Hobbsen

5.0 out of 5 stars With a thunder of hooves this book will gallop onto your favourites list!, 19 July 2015
I heard about this book through a Facebook group dedicated to Highland Ponies and decided to give it a go as the original poster was waxing so lyrical about it. Well, knowing absolutely zero about what the book was about and not having read a great deal of fantasy genre books, I hadn't a clue what was going on right up until almost half way through. However, by three quarters of the way through I'd got a good idea who was good, who was bad and definitely wanted to know what was going to happen to the horse. Interestingly, my sympathies weren't with the apparent main character (well, that is, if you don't class the horse as the main character) but with several of the subsidiaries - which was interesting to me, as so often we're pointed in the direction of the main character from day one. Some of the battle scenes made my eyebrows raise, but then as a facifist of some fifty-mumble years, I suppose that was bound to happen. However, every step led you that bit further into the intrigue of what the heck the point of it all was - and once you'd got an idea of that, well that was it. I found it difficult to put the book down and eventually swapped it from my Kindle to my smartphone so that I could read it in idle moments. Now if that isn't a serious recommendation, I don't know what is. Some might consider this book simply a "horse book", but it's more than that - horses take on such an important and pivotal role in the book(s) - yes there are more, check out the listings - it is very satisfactory to read a book where the old horsemaster's adage of "take care of your horse before you take care of yourself" is so apparent. The use of language is great, there are very few spelling errors and the reader is carried along on a tide of mystery, horsemanship, delicious confusion and excitement. Even if this isn't your genre, give it a go.

Apuldram Roses "SCENT-IMENTAL" - Hybrid Tea Bush Rose (Bare Root)
Apuldram Roses "SCENT-IMENTAL" - Hybrid Tea Bush Rose (Bare Root)

5.0 out of 5 stars Vigorous and growing!, 9 Mar. 2014
The rose arrived a week before it was due to be given as a present, so I kept it in a cool place, still in its posting wrapping and gave it a drizzle of water every two days or so. When it first arrived, there wasn't any sign of life. By the time the rose was given to it's recipient, there were sprouts appearing on every stalk. We planted it the same day and it has since greened up beautifully - even though it was all through the floods (we weren't flooded but it was still flipping wet) and cold weather. The vigorous growth slowed a little once it was put outside, but a couple of weeks later it is getting going again (I think the sunshine helped!). We have a deal of quiet confidence that the rose will continue to grow and develop - and can't wait to see it bloom.

cute pug dog print light switch cover sticker 143
cute pug dog print light switch cover sticker 143
Offered by Vinylgraphicsonline ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly brilliant, 4 Jan. 2014
I bought this as a stocking filler for my son at Christmas. However, it was a total Christmas hit as it was the first thing that people were shown when visiting - and has even managed to encourage him to turn off the light every so often. If you know how difficult that is for a teenager to remember, you'd be impressed too. :)

Alexander Dobell Men's Waistcoat -  Green - 50R
Alexander Dobell Men's Waistcoat - Green - 50R

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 4 Jan. 2014
I bought this for my son who is starting to get into steampunk fashion. He was totally gobsmacked when he opened the parcel and couldn't wait to wear it. It fits perfectly and he - and everyone who has seen it - loves the colour. Fantastic quality and workmanship.

Cool: StarCraft II Gamer T-Shirt - Protoss My Life For Aiur, Blizzard Logo Print, Grey, XL

5.0 out of 5 stars He hasn't taken it off since ..., 4 Jan. 2014
I bought this for my 15yo son who is a dedicated gamer. He was extremely chuffed to receive it and hasn't taken it off since, well, except for the time when I stole it from his bedroom and ran it through the washing machine for everyone's sake. ;) It appears to wash well, dried in shape and was back on the teenager before you could say "is that properly dry?". :)

Stanley Mini Needle Nose Plier 127MM 0 84 096
Stanley Mini Needle Nose Plier 127MM 0 84 096

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 4 Jan. 2014
I bought this as a little Christmas present for my husband, who builds and modifies his own electronic cigarettes. Apparently, they are just the job and he appears to be very happy with them! I guess, because they are small, they're perfect for tiny, fiddly work.

Airmax nasal dilator, against nasal congestion - Trial pack (Small & Medium) - Recommended by physicians

3.0 out of 5 stars 50:50 results, 4 Jan. 2014
It took me a few days to be able to sleep the night through with this gadget and, although it doesn't stop the snoring 100% it has lessened. However, the best part of all is that my breathing is improved and it is so good to be able to breathe unrestrictedly. Utterly useless to try and use it when you have a cold, however. Just put it in its case and forget about it until you're better. :)

Swedish Salt Salmiak & strong salt Liquorice Fish (GLUTEN FREE)-100 gram bag
Swedish Salt Salmiak & strong salt Liquorice Fish (GLUTEN FREE)-100 gram bag
Offered by ATL Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Flipping heck!, 4 Jan. 2014
I got these for my husband as a quirky little Christmas gift. He really enjoys liquorice and these little fishies were a very definite challenge. Their saltiness is tongue curlingly strong, but short lived. The liquorice is clean tasting, rich and delicious. A very intense experience!

JAMMYLIZARD [ Samsung Galaxy S2 Case ] Luxury Edition Leather Wallet Flip Cover, Brown
Offered by JAMMYLIZARD

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool beans!, 4 Jan. 2014
I bought this wallet case for my husband's phone, as a gift for Christmas. He had chosen it and did so because it then matched his wallet, belt and shoes. It is a lovely shade of brown and makes the phone look really classy.

Lymington Through Time
Lymington Through Time
by Jude James

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting little tome!, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Lymington Through Time (Paperback)
I chose this book as a gift for my brother and sister in law who know the area well, but haven't much knowledge of how it used to be. It was received very well and they decree that they are looking forward to finding out how the place came to look the way it is. :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3