Profile for Geraldine Mynors > Reviews

Content by Geraldine Mynors

Geraldine Mynors (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Toughees Girl's Kate Shoes Black 3 UK
Toughees Girl's Kate Shoes Black 3 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars We like these shoes, 30 Oct 2014
We have found Toughees to be better value, more smart-looking and more long lasting than Clarks - they stay shiny and tough for months and months. The sole has finally gone through on my daughter's latest pair after about 9 months of hard wear, but that's not bad for school shoes.

Abandoned Child
Abandoned Child
by Kitty Neale

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful writing quality, 30 Oct 2014
This review is from: Abandoned Child (Paperback)
We had the misfortune to pick this for our book club and all of us, without exception, gave up on it as the story was so cringey, the characters so un-likeable and the writing so poor.

Scoot 50g Fox Repellent Sachets (Pack of 2)
Scoot 50g Fox Repellent Sachets (Pack of 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work..., 28 Oct 2014
We had foxes constantly digging up our flower beds, but once I had put this around it stopped. Could be coincidence - but I think it worked!

Black Wooden Picture Photo Frame 100x70 cm Wood Harper by GMGold ideal Film Poster
Offered by GMGold

3.0 out of 5 stars Fixing very difficult, 28 Oct 2014
This frame looks good on the wall despite being pretty lightweight and flimsy (as you would expect for the price). However, the big problem with it is that the backing board is recessed so far into the frame that you can't hang it on normal picture hooks using the fixings provided - you need have long screws or nails protruding out from the wall to reach out far enough to catch on the fixings.

Just Cause 2 (Xbox 360)
Just Cause 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameseek

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for 12 year olds, 22 Sep 2014
My 12 year old son was given this game for his birthday and despite the 15 certificate, I was persuaded that it was much less violent than other games like Call of Duty. All I can say is that each time he played it, his behaviour became very aggressive and he acted out the shooting, missile launching and destruction that form the bulk of the game, to the point that we have got rid of it. My plea to parents would be to hold firm on the certificate rating and not allow young boys to play this type of thing...

HAUPTSTADTKOFFER Suitcase Alex, 55 cm, 45 Liters, green
HAUPTSTADTKOFFER Suitcase Alex, 55 cm, 45 Liters, green

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product - good value for the quality, 13 Sep 2014
Great suitcase, has lasted very well for 6 months so far. Love the fact that it expands so that if you want to check it in, you've got a whole lot more space. Distinctive colour makes it easy to spot!

Toughees Junior Pearl Black School Shoe 52900560 2 UK
Toughees Junior Pearl Black School Shoe 52900560 2 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Buckle broke but easily fixed, 13 Sep 2014
These shoes are truly sturdy - they have lasted much better than Clark's or similar and polish up really well each week. One of the buckles broke soon after we had bought them (like another reviewer says) but I took them into our local shoe mender and he put in a new rivet to fix them (for free) in 5 seconds flat. Don't throw them out if that happens to you!

Garden Games Tree Swing
Garden Games Tree Swing
Offered by Carousel Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely swing., 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: Garden Games Tree Swing (Toy)
Lovely swing: strong, well made an easy to put up. The seat has nice rounded edges so won't cut into bare legs. Just hope the foxes don't eat the rope like they did on our rope ladder!

Saris Bones 3 Bike Boot Rack - Grey
Saris Bones 3 Bike Boot Rack - Grey
Offered by Cycle Surgery

1.0 out of 5 stars Great for men's road bikes - not for kids or women's bikes, 18 May 2013
After studying the reviews, I bought the Saris Bones 3 to take my bike which is a Giant hybrid ladies' bike, and my two children's mountain style bikes.

I agree that the carrier is light, attractive and easy to fit (on a Skoda estate), but I couldn't get my bike or my daughter's bike on the carrier as their geometry just won't fit. Mine eventually got on, but because of the shape, the 'stabiliser' wasn't against the seat post, and hence it was wobbling around too dangerously for use on a fast road.

My husband's road bike with conventional cross bar fits perfectly, but that wasn't what we wanted it for.

With much regret, I have returned it, and the hunt for a suitable bike carrier continues. Thank goodness Amazon are good about returns.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2013 11:47 AM BST

Journey To The River Sea
Journey To The River Sea
by Eva Ibbotson

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, gripping book for 7-9 year old girl, 24 Mar 2013
A most perfectly plotted novel, which my daughter thoroughly enjoyed when we read it together. A real tear jerker at the end.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3