Profile for lynnbradshaw > Reviews

Lightload Easy Carry Beach Towels 36x60 Inches
Offered by Lightload Towels
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for hostelling, 17 Jun 2014
I bought two of these towels to take on an upcoming hostelling trip. I have tried them out for size at home and they are pretty big despite being so lightweight. They work just as well as normal towels for drying off and you can dry them quicker than a normal towel.
I am looking forward to using them full time on my trip. I got two - one to be a normal towel and one for the beach.

Berlitz: Oslo Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
Berlitz: Oslo Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
by Berlitz
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Guide, 17 Jun 2014
I bought this guide for a recent trip to Oslo and found it very useful. The size is great as it fits into a pocket and it is fairly lightweight. There are several useful maps of the city and the surrounding area. I was only in Oslo for 27 hours so I used the book to help plan the trip. I found the information about the different places useful and it helped me get the most out of my trip.

I flew into Rygge Airport, which I don't think is covered by the book. The area around Rygge is beautiful and it is well worth taking the train from the airport to the city centre as you go past the Fjords.

A useful supplement to the book is the Oslo City Pass guide and the walking tour leaflets from the Tourist Information Office.

All Roads Lead Home (Bellingwood Book 1)
All Roads Lead Home (Bellingwood Book 1)
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant read, 3 Jun 2014
I can't remember why I bought this book but I am glad I did. It is a cozy mystery set in the kind of small town where most events which matter are run by an unelected committee of women. These women decended on the buyer of the old school and showered her with food gifts and then helped her to deal with events in her life. It was going really well until the ex-boyfriend / kidnapper event. This part was unbelievable and was an unwelcome distraction. However, the rest of the book was nice and cozy with lots of good descriptions of the characters and the area. Without the kidnap bit, I would have awarded it a 5 star.

I think this series is the perfect holiday read.

Prague Tales (CEU Press Classics)
Prague Tales (CEU Press Classics)
Price: 6.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Tales of Old Prague, 2 April 2014
I first read this book in the early 90s when I lived in Prague and was delighted to find an ebook version. Jan Neruda is one of the great Czech writers and he so neatly evokes Prague's streets and way of life. This book is for those who want an insight into the Czech character, the history of Prague and it's residents. It is best read sitting outside a pub with a beer in hand.

Gorky Park
Gorky Park
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars So, who did what and why?, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Gorky Park (Kindle Edition)
This book is often used to teach crime / thriller writers the techniques for good reason. It is a real thriller with lots of twists and turns. Set in Moscow during the Cold War when Russia was still the Soviet Union, it is a political thriller as well as a murder mystery. There are so many different facets to this story that you are kept riveted right until the last page. I thoroughly recommend this book.

Grandma's Best Recipes
Grandma's Best Recipes

5.0 out of 5 stars Old and new, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Grandma's Best Recipes (Hardcover)
Lots of traditional recipes nicely presented. This is a great book if you want to know how to make a great bolognese or goulash. Lots of comfort food and food for the soul.

Greek Cookbook (International Cook Book Series)
Greek Cookbook (International Cook Book Series)
by S Skoura

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fave recipes, 16 Feb 2014
This is a classic cookbook full of traditional Greek recipes to inspire. There are lots of old favourites and full instructions on how to do it. A great book.

Agatha Raisin Omnibus: The Quiche of Death, The Potted Gardener, The Vicious Vet and The Walkers of Dembley
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice Cozy, 16 Feb 2014
Agatha Raisin is off again investigating crimes in her adopted village. These books are a nice gentle read for the beach or when buried under a blanket in winter. I think MC Beaton needs to move her heroine on a bit in terms of her love life and relations with other people.

Mens & Ladies Workforce Short Sleeved Polo Shirt In Orange - X Large - Orange
Mens & Ladies Workforce Short Sleeved Polo Shirt In Orange - X Large - Orange
Offered by SockShop
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 16 Feb 2014
I wanted an orange T to go with an orange sweater and this was just the job. It is well made and the cotton is good quality. It is a trifle long, so I can't wear it hanging loose but this is a minor niggle. I would buy this brand again.

The Rough Guide to The Baltic States - 2nd Edition
The Rough Guide to The Baltic States - 2nd Edition
by Jonathan Bousfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Fashioned Guide, 16 Feb 2014
This is a Rough Guide at its best. It is full of interesting information, the well-known places and places which are off the beaten track. There is such a wealth of information it is a pleasure to read. I have been to the Baltic States several times and there are still new things to be learnt from this book. I recommend reading it before you go on your trip and then taking it with you just in case you find somewhere new while you are there. If I had a Kindle or iBook version, then I would be truly made up.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4