Profile for M. R. Field > Reviews

Content by M. R. Field

M. R. Field (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Kitdine Silicone Travel Bottles Squeezable & Refillable Travel Containers For Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion, Toiletries -TSA Airline Carry-On Approved (White,Blue,Green,Purple, 3oz)
Offered by Zakitane

5.0 out of 5 stars Great produce but be warned!, 17 Jun. 2016
Really great! I took away on my recent holiday and they were really easy to fill and there were no leaks at all. Word of warning though!! I put some Moroccan oil in one of them and when I went to put some on my hair the next morning there was none left in the bottle! At first I thought I'd forgotten to put some in but then realised the oil had been absorbed into the silicone. The only bit left was a tiny but around the plastic lid and I then knew for certain that I had put some in. Expensive mistake as I'd put in much more oil than I needed for one week.

Prima Pet Collapsible Silicone Travel Bowl with Clip for Medium and Large Dog - Portable and Durable Pop-Up Feeder, Size: 17.8 cm Diameter - Holds 1.18L Food or Water (PURPLE, LARGE)
Offered by Little Lola

5.0 out of 5 stars Great travel bowl., 3 Oct. 2015
Just what I wanted! I'd forgotten to pack a bowl for my dogs food and was using his water bowl and then forgetting to refill the water. I found this bowl online and ordered it Saturday evening. By 10am Monday I'd received the bowl.

Really like it. It's just the right size for my springer spaniel and easy to clean and fold away. I love the colour (I ordered purple) but I don't think my dog cares as long as the food is in there! It's lightweight too so if you wanted to take it out on a walk it wouldn't be too much bother and comes with a clip for hanging it on backpacks etc. I don't need this so I have taken it off.

I would definitely recommend this bowl and would buy from Prima Pets again too.

Mondaplen Chaise Dog: a bed or floor mattress for your dog made with Mondaplen, a beautiful Italian-designed material that is comfortable, waterproof and washable. 75 cm x 60 cm x 14 cm (approx. end-roll height)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent bed for travelling with, 20 July 2015
An excellent bed for travelling with! I needed a comfortable, yet easy to clean bed for my dog in the car. I had tried mattresses, crate beds and cushions but they were all really hard to clean when they got dirty. This is great as you can just hose it down and let it dry - I haven't had to do this yet but I can see it will be simple to do.

It's very lightweight and can be rolled up which makes it easy to take it to and from the car if necessary. I did have a slight problem that the bed was slipping underneath the dog (even when he was lying on it) when we were travelling. This has been rectified by putting the bed into a spare dog duvet cover I had. A towel or blanket would probably work just as well. My dog now loves it and relaxes on the bed with his head on the 'pillow'.

The bed is quite thin but because of the flexible ridge type bits it seems very soft and comfortable - the dog definitely doesn't complain and its the first car bed he's had that I've seen him actually fast asleep on!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2015 9:18 PM BST

Great Ideas Set of 4 Mini White Garden Picket Fence Panels - Wood Effect Plastic Lawn Edging For Plant Borders And Flowerbeds
Offered by The More Shop Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 12 Oct. 2013
I bought this in July and placed it around the area I was going to sort out in the garden. It wasn't pushed into the ground properly as I was planning to move the edging in autumn when I replanted the area. Looked quite pretty though. But then last week I picked up one of the pieces and it just snapped away! This happened to another piece as I moved it too! As they weren't in the ground I didn't use any force on them at all so I'm not happy that they're broken. I have now managed to prop them up around the area that I want them but they don't look neat anymore and I daren't move them again in case of further breakages.

For £11 I don't expect them to last for a long time but I most certainly expected them to last more than 2 months.

Matchmakers Women's Harry Hall Fenton Adjustable Strap Boot - Brown, Size 4
Matchmakers Women's Harry Hall Fenton Adjustable Strap Boot - Brown, Size 4

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good boots, 20 Nov. 2012
Sadly I agree with the other two reviews here. I ordered the boots in the spring and thought the only problem was that the velcro straps were extremely long! I almost sent them back after the first couple of times wearing them as the lining inside seemed to be too small but this resolved itself a little and went into place more and they became more comfortable. I didn't wear them very much during the summer (even though the summer was very wet!! I tended to still wear my wellies) and recently started to wear them out. I noticed a damp feeling on my heel in one of the boots but couldn't find where it was from. Then a few weeks ago I wore them a few days in a row and it felt like I was walking on bricks! The insole was completely non existent and I could feel the rubber sole as I walked - and this is where the dampness was coming from. If I wear them in wet grass I get a large patch of wetness on the heel plus I had to buy a new pair of insoles just to be able to make them slightly more comfortable to wear. There is no way I could wear them for a long period of time or even on a wet, rainy day. They are now going into the bin and I will never buy Harry Hall boots again. I thought they were a company that made decent footwear but it seems, sadly, they are not.

Pinlo United Case - Full Body for iPhone 4s/4 - Black
Pinlo United Case - Full Body for iPhone 4s/4 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great iphone bumper, 18 Nov. 2012
This is an ideal bumper for the iphone. Its really easy to fit and looks really great and stylish when its on. I ordered the black one which has a black metal part at the back and a shiny (not exactly black but not sure what other colour you would call it) part for the front of the phone. The kit also has a clear part for the phone front if you prefer. The other thing I like is that it came with two buttons for the home button on the phone - one black, one white - and a rubber bung to put into the charging slot to help keep it clean and dry. There was also a screen protector too so I felt it wasn't too bad a price for all this.

The bumper looks like it will last a long time and withstand those knocks and bumps that are inevitable.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars GTECH SW25 Carpet sweeper - Brilliant!, 10 May 2012
Within the last hour I have taken my new Power sweeper out of the box, assembled it (not much assembly to do just putting the handle together and slotted in), switched on and run it over a few carpets. The amount of pet hair and dirt it picked up was amazing! It collects the hair better than my vacuum cleaner seems to which doesn't seem quite right to me considering the vacuum cleaner has powerful suction on it and this little machine just has rotating brushes - but hey, I'm not complaining! It is very light and very easy to manoeuvre around the room and furniture. The little brush on the side does an excellent job of cleaning up the edges of the room.

I have only given it four stars though because I can't find out how to remove the visor to be able to use the sweeper on the stairs - I've read the instruction manual and there is no mention of it. It tells you on the outside of the box that the visor is removable for this purpose but it certainly doesn't come off easily and I don't want to force anything and break it. In the instruction manual it tells you that the brushes can be removed to clean them off and says "push the lever and remove the side brush". Well, I can't find a lever and the only little bit I have found that may need to be pushed doesn't want to push down and doesn't appear to release anything anyway. Also the cable for the docking station is very short. You need to have a plug socket close to the floor, which I have but its not in a convenient place for storing the sweeper or leaving it to charge for 4 hours. So I will have to put some thought into where it can live and get an extension cable.

I would certainly recommend this product and I'm sure it will make the housework easier as I can use this a few times during the week and get the vacuum cleaner out once a week for a big clean up :D

Coffee Master 5-Cup Syphon / Vacuum Glass Coffee Maker
Coffee Master 5-Cup Syphon / Vacuum Glass Coffee Maker
Offered by Sourcing4U Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee maker!, 7 Jan. 2012
This is a fantastic coffee maker! Its very easy to use and makes delicious coffee without getting any coffee grounds into the flask or your coffee cup. Its so clever the way it makes the coffee - much more interesting than making it in a cafetiere or percolator. I didn't get it quite right on my first attempt as I put in a little too much coffee and also kept, what I thought, was the lid on the top flask as it made the coffee. (The lid is in fact the stand for putting the top flask into after you have made the coffee and its ready to pour out.)This made the coffee quite strong as it slowed the process up (but I don't mind strong coffee so it was ok but the first taste hit hard! LOL) I filled the flask up to the maximum 8 cups and this served two decent sized mugs with a little coffee left over.

Cleaning was quite easy and just requires good rinsing through afterwards to get all the detergent out. The coffee grounds will go into the composting bin or directly onto the honeysuckle plants! They love coffee grounds!

I'm very happy that Father Christmas brought me a lovely present :D

Neo G Tennis Elbow Strap
Neo G Tennis Elbow Strap
Offered by Online Sports Support Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Tennis elbow relief!, 29 May 2010
This review is from: Neo G Tennis Elbow Strap (Misc.)
After reading the good reviews I decided to send for this elbow strap to try and relieve the pain from the tennis elbow. Its great! It really does help a lot. The pain in my forearm almost disappeared within moments of wearing it. The circulation isn't cut off either, unlike other supports on the market and also doesn't get hot and sticky. I have worn this all day long in the recent hot weather and of course my arm was a bit sticky once I removed the support but wasn't horrible and hadn't been uncomfortable. I'm only giving it four stars because its only fault is that it is impossible to apply the support yourself. I'm not sure how the manufacturers think you can hold it in place and then with your other hand (the one that is invisible and you didn't know you even had ;) !!) wrap the strap around the area. I wish it had a strap or something to loop the first part under so you could then wrap the rest around the arm.

Would definitely recommend this product though.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy cleaning!, 10 April 2010
This is a very good cleaning product. I have just used it on a very, very greasy oven (hob areas and outer door etc) and it has made a good dent into it! No, its not cleaned off all the grease as yet but if I'd had more time and put more effort into it the result would have been even better - sadly there is no magic wand in any of these cleaning products that will do it in seconds is there! There are definite white marks showing through and completely clean patches in places! The product was very easy to use with no horrible smell and easy to rinse off too. I will be using it again and will hopefully very soon have a sparkling clean oven!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2012 9:49 AM BST