Profile for Kostas > Reviews

Sophie The Giraffe Gift Boxed Version from Vulli
Sophie The Giraffe Gift Boxed Version from Vulli
Price: 12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best chewing toy we got, 25 Mar 2014
My sister's baby that is a month older than ours got this as a gift. My baby boy got interested in Sophie at a visit and decided to order it. He uses it all the time. We have other chewing toys as well but he prefers Sophie. It's easy to hold and he seems to find all parts pleasant to chew (although his most preferable part is feet and ears). I've read other reviews that some sellers provide a counterfeit made in China that fades and brakes some parts at some point, so I didn't buy the ceapest and I chose amazon as a seller. Couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Terrapin  Anti Glare Screen Protector (6 in 1 pack) for Apple iPad 2 (2011)/ iPad 3 (2012) 9.7 inch screen
Terrapin Anti Glare Screen Protector (6 in 1 pack) for Apple iPad 2 (2011)/ iPad 3 (2012) 9.7 inch screen
Offered by ClickJunkie
Price: 3.49

2.0 out of 5 stars It's Clear Screen, 19 Mar 2013
The screen protectors are definitely not antiglare. They are possibly clear screen. I didn't mind that at all.
I bought them because they are 6 of them and I'm prone to making mistakes in applying protective films. So after using it for several months this is my verdict:

Pros:
> 6 of them (you can make as many mistakes as you like - as long as they are not more than 5 :D )
> Price (they are cheap)

Cons:
> They scratch very easily. Your screen will look terrible after a few months.
> It's not antiglare (I didn't mind that).

Would I buy them again? Possibly not because the scratches on the film are horrible and it scratches very easily. I try to find a more resilient clear film.

Invero  Black Magnetic Protective Flip Smart Cover Stand for New Ipad 3rd Generation 2012 (Wake up / Sleep Function)
Invero Black Magnetic Protective Flip Smart Cover Stand for New Ipad 3rd Generation 2012 (Wake up / Sleep Function)
Offered by Invero
Price: 4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap aftermarket cover, 17 Mar 2013
You get what you pay and that stands for that cover as well. The quality is poor. I replaced the cover with a Belkin one after a few months. The problem in mine was not the magnet as I've read on a another review but the cover itself. It started tearing at the edges. The two pieces that are glued somehow together begun moving apart and the overall appearance seemed cheap. I would not recommend it unless you know you will be changing cases and covers every few months out of boredom. Then it's fine.

Canon EW-83E Lens Hood For EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L U, EF 17-40mm f/4.0 L USM
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lens Hood for my 17-40/f4L, 16 Mar 2013
I purchased this because I recently bought a second hand Canon 17-40/f4L lens and it didn't come with it. I chose the original one because on other occasions I bought knockoffs that had a very limited life span (flimsy plastics and awful finish). The price is steep compared to aftermarket options but the built quality of the original is superior. Having said that I really feel that Canon is testing the limits of it's customers and that will eventually backfire...

Hama Memory Card Case (original packaging)
Hama Memory Card Case (original packaging)
Price: 4.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Card case, 16 Mar 2013
It is an excellent card case. It fits 4 CF cards neatly inside. It is what you see in the picture. Beware though that if you use other types of memory cards they may not fit. CF are perfect. If you try to fit SD with their respective protective cover they may not even fit inside. I recently changed camera gear and use SD cards and kept the case. I store the cards naked inside the case so hey can fit them.

Transcend 32GB Wi-Fi SDHC Class 10 Memory Card
Transcend 32GB Wi-Fi SDHC Class 10 Memory Card
Price: 37.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Transcend 32GB WiFi SDHC with Canon 60D, 15 Mar 2013
I purchased this card to try the WiFi capabilities between the camera and my iPad and iPhone. My main purpose was to be able to review my pictures on a larger screen (iPad) and in some cases to be able to send quickly a picture with an email (that happens very rarely since I'm not a pro).
Before you purchase the item make sure that your camera is compatible with the card. You can do that on the manufacturer's site. The box comes with very clear installation instructions and even if you are not very tech savvy you will be able to install the card and the software needed to your mobile platform of choice. I installed the software on my iPad and my iPhone and connected the devices to the card as stated on the instructions. The software is very simple and gives you two basic choices. The first is a Basic File Browser where you see the files listed inside the SD card and decide what to do with them and the second is the one that I'll probably use the most - Shoot & View. You basically snap a photo and the photo wirelessly is transferred to the screen of your tablet or phone. There you can save the picture and manipulate it or you can snap another one and it will appear on the screen etc.
There are two things you have to know. The first is that you have to disable the auto sleep function on the camera. If the camera goes into power save mode then the connection is lost and you have to reconnect every time. The second thing is that if you shoot RAW make sure that you enable RAW together with JPG, otherwise nothing will appear on the app (just RAW is not supported).
Those are my first thoughts on the card since I have it for a little time and I need to test it more. I hope I can update the review later on. Generally happy with the purchase since my basic need for reviewing the picture on a larger screen is fulfilled.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2014 10:38 AM BST