Profile for Master Pm Taylor > Reviews

Content by Master Pm Taylor

Master Pm Taylor (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
2M METRE 6 WAY EXTENSION LEAD CABLE 13A PLUG
2M METRE 6 WAY EXTENSION LEAD CABLE 13A PLUG
Offered by MHP Distribution
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems ideal, 20 Jun 2013
Product has been as expected. Not much more I could want from a plug except that it works and it's cheap!

WHATMORE 15M STEEL CORE WASHING LINE 10653
WHATMORE 15M STEEL CORE WASHING LINE 10653
Offered by ST&K Supplies
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the label, 20 Jun 2013
Very good price for the line, and has been working fine for my purpose. Hasn't stretched too much whilst being left up, and the weather hasn't killed it either. I'm not sure on the real tensile strength if you are going to have it run the entire 15m with plenty hanging from it, but I'm guessing it would do it's job well.

Kaboom!
Kaboom!
Price: 7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Hadn't heard before, 20 Jun 2013
This review is from: Kaboom! (MP3 Download)
I think I was recommended this band by an online 'recommender'. Listened to a few samples and within moments I wanted it. Quite a few nice progressions and very easy to listen to. Great fan of retro game effect sounds being played back throughout, and possibly even wanted more!
I'll be checking out the next album (I'm hoping there will be one) when it comes around.

As They Slept (The comical tales of a London commuter)
As They Slept (The comical tales of a London commuter)
Price: 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I have respect, 20 Jun 2013
The content was slightly different to what I was expecting. Not entirely sure what I was expecting, but being given what is essentially a diary was a little different to the sweeping stories I had imagined.

I do hold respect for the reasons this has been written, and the fact that it has been written whilst communiting. I did not however appreciate all of the authors contemplations on life, and what happened at the weekend. Do not be too unexpectant though, as I did continue to read the entire issue, given that it was quite a short read.

All that being said, thanks for entertaining me none the less.

DUSIEC Google Android 4.0 1G DDR3 4GB A10 1.5Ghz Wifi TV Player Box MK802 Mini PC With A10/1GHZ Cortex-A8 high speed processor White + extra microSD 4GB Card

3.0 out of 5 stars Does some of the job., 11 Dec 2012
For the price, the unit does as it says. There are a number of shortfalls which I have noticed however.

You will want to be updating the firmware which is installed on the device, if you search for mk802 (ii) or something similar you will find an updated ROM which is available to install. This has various bug fixes and updates the Android operating system.

I have tried to get the device to work with an external webcam but have had no real luck with this for use with Skype. A picture can be seen from the webcam however I haven't be able to get the microphone to work.

A fairly major issue is the lack of internal battery meaning the time is lost each time the unit it turned off. As well as temperature increases with use, which are likely to affect the longevity of the device.

Advanced Engineering Mathematics
Advanced Engineering Mathematics
by Erwin Kreyszig

5.0 out of 5 stars Good set of examples, 25 Mar 2010
After buying K.A.Strouds book covering a similar set of topic I was very happy that I brought this after and sold on my copy of Stroud! This book has a much better (i guess traditional) math textbook layout with useful examples.
Writing is small and the book is large which means you get a nice wad of information between the front and back cover!

It does depend on what course you are taking as to which is the most relevant, but from what I have seen either this of the Glyn James book is more useful than Stroud.

Above & Beyond
Above & Beyond
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, 25 Mar 2010
This review is from: Above & Beyond (MP3 Download)
After being introduced to D&B a couple of years ago through the likes of pendulum & sub focus this is a nice breath of fresh air!
It does offer a slightly different view on that particular subgenre of drum and bass.
If you like people like pendulum and sub focus then you are quite likely to enjoy this.

Sennheiser IE 8 -IE Series Ear-Canal Phones (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sennheiser IE 8 -IE Series Ear-Canal Phones (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 23 Jan 2010
Having been using these for the past week I can say I love them.
Previously owned a pair of shure SE210's, this is a nice step up. Treble is far clearer and the bass exists! I don't find the bass overwhelming at all, and if it was a problem it could just be turned down on the listening device.
I like the clip you get with the headphones as I often found snagging an issue, and misplacement of the earphones within the ear.

The reason they are only getting 4 stars is because they are a little too large for my outer ear and rub a bit on the top of my lobe. It may be that I am wearing them incorrectly, but it can be inconvenient at times...

Anyway, I would recommend if you want the sound of overhead headphones from in ear. Sound isolation is similar to the SE210's which was quite good.

Shure Se210 Sound Isolating Earphones- Black
Shure Se210 Sound Isolating Earphones- Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken but not broken hearted, 19 Jan 2010
I originally brought a pair of shure e2c's a number of years ago. Within the 2 year warranty, those broke. I think one of the channels died.
So I got sent a new pair sent for free, nothing bad yet.
Then these broke outside the original 2 year warrenty of the first (meaning I actually had to buy some more headphones this time), the cable probably went.
I thought I should upgrade in order to get a longer lasting earphone as I quite liked shures e2c's. Decided to go for the e3c's this time.
Surprise surprise they broke within the 2 year warranty period! This time i recieved a pair of se210's in return which I thought was a fair trade after a year and a half, good on shure!
The sound isolation is indeed good and quality is much better than standard headphones. They do tend to slightly come loose of the ear and you then lose bass, and have to constantly push it back in (if you're moving about a fair bit like walking jogging etc...)
Amazingly, now the wire is bare at one of the headphones after about a year of getting them - fairly ridiculous. I try to take good care of things I own, so it is a design floor in my eyes rather than a user fault.
So after about 5 different pairs of shure's (consistantly breaking) I have decided to go down a different path and try sennheiser. Not that they are in the same price range, but I now have ie8's and can say you get what you pay for. The sound is much more alive from the sennheiser's and there's no constant battle of putting them back in the ear thanks to the clip and less sensitive design for the ears.
If you really want quality and are not worried about bulk etc, headphones ARE the way forward as you are unlikely to get many pairs (except high high end like ie8 or shure se530) which do the same job as a standard 30 pair of headphones!
If reliabilty is your game, i guess earphones should be left on the bench since they are destined to break sooner or later.
One nice feature the sennheisers have going is the replacement chord, as the earphones can unclip from the cord saving you much money in the future.

ASUS Eee PC 901 BK006 Netbook, Linux Preloaded, 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD (Black)
ASUS Eee PC 901 BK006 Netbook, Linux Preloaded, 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 30 Jan 2009
The product (as stated) comes with a version of linux, which I didn't get along with all too great. The main reason was the incompatability with the latest office documents. It does come with open office (i think it did) and I tried to upgrade it to the latest one with no real luck.
I then unlocked the advanced menu system which didn't help. The updates kept crashing and it wasn't a pleasent experience.
I think put unbuntu onto it (made for the eee) and still didn't get much enjoyment out of that.
So at the end of it all, I put xp onto the machine - and wallah! Compatability heaven, and it doesn't slow it down that much if at all!
There is a 4gb solid state hdd which is misleading, as the other 16gb is a flash card or something similar. So install the os onto the ssd and away you go!
Very good piece of equipment, I just leave it in my bag for whenever I need it as I feel it is very robust!
Keys take a while to get used to, but eventually you find your way around.
Initially my 6 key was jammed, so 6's kept coming up everywhere!
But I gave it a few light taps and it seemed to clear up the issue!
Battery life in xp is around 7 hours if you are not doing anything too intensive with the backlight on medium/low.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3