Profile for Mr. N. Taxil-webber > Reviews

Content by Mr. N. Taxil-w...

Mr. N. Taxil-webber "Walnut" (Diss, Norfolk, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Pyramid 100% Deet Insect Repellent -120ml
Pyramid 100% Deet Insect Repellent -120ml
Offered by General Stores Online

5.0 out of 5 stars No flies on me ... thanks to Repel100, 29 Sept. 2013
Visiting the uplands of Snowdonia in Mozzie season is never wise ... that is, unless you use this product. My sons and I slapped it on and walked through fell, woodland, valley and mountain and.......not a nibble (and we didn't get any fly bites either!). Highly recommended. PS.... watch it doesn't melt your plastic / rubbery products - let it dry on you before you put your flipflops on or walk on the floor of your tent ... or you'll get holes!

Q Garden QGGR Garden Roller - Green
Q Garden QGGR Garden Roller - Green
Offered by Platinum Home and Garden

4.0 out of 5 stars This'll flatten your lawn, 29 Sept. 2013
Pretty good quality and really good value. Our recently laid lawn is now almost like a bowling green! The handle could be a little longer (or adjustable); the steel drum could be better quality to avoid dings and dents but, hey, it was really cheap compared to others so I am really not complaining.

She: the Best of Charles Aznavour
She: the Best of Charles Aznavour

5.0 out of 5 stars Mother in Law VERY happy!, 29 Sept. 2013
This was bought as a gift for the m-i-l. She loves the cd and we are in her good books! Well chosen, well supplied. A1 in all respects! Thanks++++

The Metal Detector Book
The Metal Detector Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous!, 28 May 2013
This is an excellent book and I am happy to recommend it to all newcomers to the exciting hobby of metal detecting.

It'll get you started and give you all the tips of experienced detectorists, including how to look at potential sites and then how to search them thoroughly .. with great results.

Life of Pi [DVD]
Life of Pi [DVD]
Dvd ~ Suraj Sharma

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant film!, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Life of Pi [DVD] (DVD)
Beautifully crafted film with spectacular special effects. A magical and uplifting fantasy .... or was it?!!!!

Interesting how there is hardly any gap between reality and make-believe now, in the CG age of entertainment.

Whitney Houston - The Ultimate Collection
Whitney Houston - The Ultimate Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Collection from the Ultimate singer, 17 Mar. 2012
Sadness and joy! Sadness at her untimely passing but joy from her legacy of beautiful, moving and uplifting music. This collection has a fabulous selection of her best works and offers the opportunity to sample the different styles she adopted ... then, buy the album with the specific type you like most! You'll listen to this over and over and marvel at the irony in her untimely passing. I hope that she and Michael are jamming it up in Heaven!

The Bodyguard (Special Edition) [1992] [DVD]
The Bodyguard (Special Edition) [1992] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Costner

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch it and weep for Whitney, 17 Mar. 2012
Hard to believe when you see Whitney in her best film role ... so alive and gorgeous ... that she's gone. But what an artistic legacy. This is one of our favourite films. It's guaranteed to bring a lump to the throat of even the toughest! It's a film with everything - jeopardy, thrills, romance, humour and ... more than anything .. stunning entertainment. Live on, Whitney, through your fabulous talent - wish you could have lived forever (without the influence of those idiots who lead you astray).

Whitney Houston
Whitney Houston
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Whitney at her very best, 17 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Whitney Houston (Audio CD)
We used to listen to the cassette tape of this when we were courting. Whitney had, in our opinion, the very best female voice in popular music to they time. Her songs oozed romance and passion so, when she very sadly died, we decided to buy the cd. A good move as we can now hear her beautiful singing even more clearly. Anyone wanting a single cd of Whitney's music won't go far wrong with this one.

Trespass Dodo, Unisex-Adults' Snow Boots, Black, 12 UK
Trespass Dodo, Unisex-Adults' Snow Boots, Black, 12 UK
Offered by OutdoorGear Outdoor Experts

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, dry, trotters ... Ahhhhh!, 14 Jan. 2012
These are seriously good boots. They are easy to put on and the cleats don't seem to hold shingle, as many other boots do. The inner sole is well padded and comfortable.
The only criticism is that the sizing seems a little off. I am usually a size 10 but had to get a size 12 pair - which only just fit me! Anyway, these are great for dog walking and the like. With potential for some more horrible weather on the way, buy a pair - you won't be disappointed.

Ram memory upgrades 8GB kit (4GBx2) DDR3 PC3 10600 1333Mhz for your Apple iMac and Macbook Pro computer
Offered by FLEXX ram

5.0 out of 5 stars 8GB RAM memory for Apple Mac, 14 Dec. 2011
My new Mac Mini came with 2GB of RAM. That was all I could afford! Reading how easy it is to slip out the RAM chips and insert new ones, I decided to find out about an upgrade. Actual Apple chips cost well over £100 so ... well, I couldn't justify that expense. I stumbled upon the Crucial alternatives and was surprised how much cheaper they were. I took the plunge and, to be honest I wasn't optimistic. The extraction / insertion process was easy (just remember to earth yourself to avoid frazzling the chips - I used a wire around my wrist and to a central heating radiator!). I closed the back and powered up .... BRILLIANT! The best thing is instant transfer between each window / programme. I have used the new chips for a month or so and completely recommend them to you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3