Profile for D. Pye > Reviews

5 x CR1616 Lithium 3v Batteries [Pack of 5]
5 x CR1616 Lithium 3v Batteries [Pack of 5]
Offered by A&M Trading

1.0 out of 5 stars only one worked for a short period of time, 8 Dec. 2013
Initially I thought these were OK for the price but the first battery used died after a couple of months. The others in the pack did not work at all.
I wont buy cheap batteries again as in my experience its false economy.

TeckNet Gaming Mouse High Precision Programmable LED Mouse with 8 Button, OMRON Switches, Macros, AVAGO Optical Sensor, Extra Weight
Offered by Hippidion.Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Questionable quality, 9 Oct. 2013
The mouse arrived on time and out of the box looked and felt OK however after further close examination the small pads on the base of the mouse were not stuck to the bottom of the mouse well and one already appeared to be coming loose.

The other problem I encountered was that I found it very difficult to open the weight adjustment compartment.

The main issue with this product was the laser unit and I think that it was faulty.
The cursor simply jumped about all over the screen. I tested this mouse on 3 separate PCs,(WIN7, WIN8, XP) and also on different surfaces but they all gave the same problem so I have returned the unit as the mouse is unusable.

It maybe that I have been unlucky as there were lots of positive reviews for this product which is why I decided to purchase in the first place, however in the past I have always used either Microsoft or Logitech products and never experienced issues straight out of the box.

I'm not going to give this product 1 star because I think if it had not been faulty then for the price it would have been a reasonable purchase but I think I will stick to brands I know have a high build quality in the future.

WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - Caviar Blue
WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - Caviar Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Western Digital 1TB, 20 Sept. 2013
Performs well no problems with installation.
Seemed to be reasonably priced and has a good performance.

I would reccomend to friends and use again

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 840 Series Pro 128GB, 20 Sept. 2013
Good performance.
I use this as my boot up drive with windows 8 installation and it fires up from off really quick (approx 20 seconds)

The only problem is that now when I use non SSD PCs, it seems like it takes ages for them to start up ;)

Corsair CC-9011014-WW Carbide Series 300R Mid-Tower ATX Performance Computer Case - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars on the small side, 20 Sept. 2013
I wanted to use this case with a H100i cooler however it really was a tight squeeze, (apparently this depends on your hardware. I had a ASUS Z87 pro MoBo), and after realising that there was very little clearance between parts of the MoBo and Cooling fans I decided to return and opt for the bigger C70 case instead (which is brilliant)

LiteOn IHAS124-04 24x SATA Half Height Internal DVDRW Drive - Black
LiteOn IHAS124-04 24x SATA Half Height Internal DVDRW Drive - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars LiteOn IHAS124-04, 20 Sept. 2013
Seems to be fine. no problems and a good price.
Only problem for me is that although the face plate is black, the body/case is white.
This is only a problem for me because I have a window in my case and it looks a bit odd.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2014 2:59 PM GMT

Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
Offered by Bora-Computer GbR

5.0 out of 5 stars good price, good performance, 20 Sept. 2013
I have put this into a new PC and it works very well.
I was considering the i& but for the price and performance difference I think this was the better choice.

Corsair Gaming Series 2013 Edition GS 700W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit

5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair Gaming Series 2013 Edition, 20 Sept. 2013
No problems with the unit.
The lighting features are a nice extra.

Note: The fan does not spin up unless it is required. Its not broken if it doesnt immediately spin.

Would be really nice if it was modular so you dont have a lot of unused cables to tidy away.
(Not a problem as I knew it was not modular when I ordered it.)

Asus Z87-PRO USB 3.0 Motherboard (4x DDR3, ATX, 2x PCI Express 3.0/2.0, Intel, Wi-Fi )

5.0 out of 5 stars Asus Z87-PRO, 20 Sept. 2013
the Asus Z87-PRO is a good MoBo.
It has lots of nice features esecially if you intend to push your machine to its limits.

Patriot PV38G213C1K Viper 3 Black Mamba 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 Dual Kit
Patriot PV38G213C1K Viper 3 Black Mamba 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 Dual Kit
Offered by GadgetLifestyle

4.0 out of 5 stars reasonable price and performance, 20 Sept. 2013
No problems with this RAM installing or after installing.
Seems to be of reasonable price and performance.

Would use it again