Profile for Dr. A. Byrne > Reviews

The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles
The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles
by Bruce Lipton

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece, 5 May 2011
I am so grateful to Bruce Lipton for writing this book. I first came across it when I was feeling suicidal and it literally saved my life. Many blessings

Shock Therapy: A History of Electroconvulsive Treatment in Mental Illness
Shock Therapy: A History of Electroconvulsive Treatment in Mental Illness
by Edward Shorter

1.0 out of 5 stars Evolution or devolution?, 29 April 2009
I am of the opinion that the only way forward now is for a completely new approach to medicine and mental health in particular. Psychiatry has always been the poor relation as regards funding allocation and scientific research. ECT like psychotropic drugs, has failed the placebo test many times over and until we develop and implement new pecceptions, a new mind-set and begin to "think outside the box", mental health problems will continue to soar.

We are now at a croosroads I believe- do we devolve and as a last resort continue to employ outmoded and barbaric treatments like ECT or can we finally admit that the current tools in the box are failing us badly. It is difficult to conceive now, but lobotomies were once considered successful procedures for schizophrenia. If we do not tackle the impending mental health cricis soon and from a completely different perspective, I believe further progress will be denied us.

Perhaps the time has arrived when less emphasis and funding should be deployed on scientific research and psychiatry and more on the holistic, psychological approach of "correct thinking" strategies which could be incorporated into the school curriculum. The benefits could be enormous and very cost efficient into the bargain.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2012 8:09 PM BST

You the Healer: The World-Famous Silva Method on How to Heal Yourself and Others
by Jose Silva

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an amazing book, 4 April 2006
I have just finished reading this book & found it a very easy read & very mind expanding.The chapter entitled "The Silva Vision - The World Tomorrow" is incredible & has some wonderful insights into what could happen if more of us could tap into our left brain-our unconscious.Silva states; We need to accelerate training so that more & more of the 90% of humanity who are still innocent of their right brain powers will learn to function intuitively, perceptively, creatively & clairvoyantly. We must train all parents so that they could train their children.By learning, students can become perfectly balanced in their thinking, using both brain hemispheres for easier, faster learning & the geniuslike ability to solve problems.The benefits for humanity would be enormous states Silva.He discovered that people who activated their right hemispheres became more spiritual, more human.The book contains chapters on; Finding your Purpose in Life, Peace of Mind % Stopping Unwanted Habits such as smoking.