Profile for SA Lockwood > Reviews

Content by SA Lockwood

SA Lockwood "stupot" (Bristol UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bosch Replacement Blade for Rotak 34/34GC
Bosch Replacement Blade for Rotak 34/34GC
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rptak 34 replacement blade, 13 July 2013
Great value and arrived very quickly.
I haven't fitted it yet as it's a spare (in the event of) but it's a genuine replacement, arrived in smart time and I'm well pleased.

Duracell Rechargeable Accu 2400 mAh AA Batteries - 4 Pack
Duracell Rechargeable Accu 2400 mAh AA Batteries - 4 Pack
Offered by Watch Decor
Price: 7.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Duracell AA Batteries rechargeable, 13 July 2013
The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is because I don't yet know how well/long they will hold the charge. They charged up easily enough and I'm hoping that they will prove to be up to the job.
The name suggests that they'll be OK.
Arrived very quickly.

Atco/ Qualcast/ Suffolk Punch Genuine F016T40787 V-Belt
Atco/ Qualcast/ Suffolk Punch Genuine F016T40787 V-Belt
Price: 10.76

2.0 out of 5 stars Atco/Suffolk V belt, 13 July 2013
Returned as it was the wrong size.
I had replaced the toothed belt and thought that I should replace this at the same time - although still ok.
I can't believe that it was the wrong size. Far too large and no way to adjust.
Something wrong

Duracell Rechargeable Accu HR03 950 mAh AAA Batteries--4-Pack
Duracell Rechargeable Accu HR03 950 mAh AAA Batteries--4-Pack
Offered by ENERGY SAVING DEALS
Price: 8.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Duracell AAA rechargeable batteries, 13 July 2013
Got these for my wireless phone handsets. The original batteries had died. These are spot on and with the name Duracell, I can't see any problems arising. Arrived very quickly.

VIBOX Centre 4 - 4.0GHz AMD Quad-Core, Gaming PC, Multimedia, Desktop PC, Computer with 1x Top Game Bundle (New 4.0GHz AMD, Athlon Quad-Core Processor, 2GB AMD Radeon R7 240 Graphics Card, 1TB HDD Hard Drive, 8GB 1600MHZ RAM, No Operating Software)
Offered by Vibox Ltd
Price: 554.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Vibox Centre 4 Desktop PC, 5 Jun 2013
On the strength of reviews given here, I purchased this PC.

I am finding it difficult to be objective at the moment due to unbelievably poor quality control.

When I removed the item from it's packaging, I discovered that the top of the computer case was scratched along it's entire surface. It looks as though it had been dragged along on a hard surface causing the damage. I find it inconceivable that the item was despatched in that condition and it reflects badly on whoever assembled the unit and quality control thereafter.

The best thing to report on up until this point, is the excellent service from DPD - the couriers!

Item replaced with nothing more than, "Sorry for any inconvenience".

The computer:
Looks pretty good and is quiet in operation. I'm struggling to see the benefits that the AMD Quad-Core Processor confers over my four year old AMD desktop, but it's early days and so I'll reserve judgement.

Operating system (Windows 8) loaded in with no problem. Loaded the game Rome and one hour into battle, the programme stopped working and all was lost. I don't yet know what caused this, however, I'm thinking that a new computer should handle the programme better than the laptop which was previously used without issue!

The WiFi USB adapter recommended and supplied with the computer, is frankly very poor. I had only half strength signal from my Superhub which was located just a few feet away. The wifi signal from this Superhub is very strong and reaches throughout my house and beyond. Needless to say, the computer is now Ethernet connected!

As I said earlier, I'm struggling to be positive here because of a lousy start. I hope that I can return at a later date to be able to post more positive comments.

JVC HA-S160-B-E FLATS Lightweight Headphones - Black
JVC HA-S160-B-E FLATS Lightweight Headphones - Black
Price: 11.96

5.0 out of 5 stars JVC HA-S160-B-E- Flats Headphones, 1 May 2013
My friend allowed me to try his B & W Headphones which cost him 300 and I was blown away by them.

I realised that I'd be better off with headphones as I use earbuds for my iPhone which I find uncomfortable.So I bought these on the strength of reviews here. I'm so glad that I did. These are BRILLIANT!

The only things that are different between the two sets are:

These are lighter and the ear cup is smaller than the B & W's.

The B & W's have background noise obscuration whereas these don't.

But, the sound is really, really good. I've just been listening to Caro Emerald with them and I didn't realise there was so much instrumental content!

Highly recommended, even though the ear cups are a little small.

Nintendo DSi Handheld Console (Black)
Nintendo DSi Handheld Console (Black)
Offered by 'Micro-INN'
Price: 114.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo DSi, 29 Mar 2013
Bought this for the wife.
She loves it and has used it every day since bought.
Good for keeping the brain active and this was delivered in smart time.

Binoculars Folding pocket size Clear Vision 8x21 Compact DCF 8x magnification. Quality optics. 10 Year warranty. Fully coated anti glare lenses. Ideal for Concerts, arena shows festivals feild sports birdwatching glasses lightweight travel binocular with case & neck cord. Easy fast focus.
Offered by Binocular Outlet Ltd
Price: 9.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Folding Binoculars, 29 Mar 2013
Great value and size is perfect. Although I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with the focusing and lens cover description.
The rubber eye cups are said to be able to be "folded down" but this isn't possible.
The focusing cannot be set any nearer than about 15 metres. Not sure what I expected, but I thought that I'd be able to see things a bit nearer!
Excellent delivery.

Winplus SW11814 Steering Wheel Cover - Black
Winplus SW11814 Steering Wheel Cover - Black
Price: 10.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Steering Wheel Cover, 29 Mar 2013
I wanted this for my Freelander - the steering wheel of which is freezing on cold mornings.
Difficult to fit, probably because it was undersized. It didn't meet/join when fitted and just looked stupid, so I gave it to my son. Don't know if he has it fitted but I was a bit disappointed with it.
Description didn't say anything about size or fitting suitability. My fault for not investigating fully, but it was cheap enough not to worry about.

Asus GeForce GT 610 Nvidia Graphics Card (1GB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0, HDMI, DVI-I, VGA, DirectX 11.0, OpenGL 4.2, Dust-proof Fan, Super Alloy Power)
Offered by Kikatek
Price: 35.15

5.0 out of 5 stars GeForce GT 610 Graphics Card, 21 Feb 2013
I wanted to upgrade my now rather old (4 years) desktop computer which has 4GB of RAM and a 400 Watt power supply with a 500GB HDD and graphics card to replace the inbuilt Radeon X1200 video card.

I reviewed many video cards and checked performance against costs and power supply requirements.

This card was one of the cheapest out there with a reasonable specification and with no need for extra power supply.

It connected straight into my PCi slot and the drivers which were on the CD updated automatically from the suppliers website to the latest version.

Really very good card for the money. In fact, it increased my Windows graphics experience from 3.3 to 6.2!

The graphics on games downloaded from the Windows 8 site are stunning.

At 26 delivered, this has to be one of the best computer buys I have made!

Highly recommended for low end usage.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5