Profile for S. E. Thurlow > Reviews

Content by S. E. Thurlow

S. E. Thurlow (Sunderland, UK)

Kodak EasyShare Touch M577 Digital Still Camera - Black (14MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch HVGA Touchscreen

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 8 Feb. 2013
I bought this camera for a birthday present for my daughter. She picked up how to use it straight away and has had no problems with it. I recently took it to New York on a weekend break and it did everything I wanted it too. For the price awesome little camera.

On the Road Again
On the Road Again

5.0 out of 5 stars Old school, 8 Feb. 2013
This review is from: On the Road Again (MP3 Download)
Old school main stream blues. One of those tracks that keeps popping up as a re-release and on adverts. Classic.

Gimme Some Lovin'
Gimme Some Lovin'

5.0 out of 5 stars Bles Brothers classic, 8 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Gimme Some Lovin' (MP3 Download)
Classic blues/rock track made famous by the movie 'The Blues Brothers'. All real instruments, played by real musicians, and not a sampler in sight! Keep Music Live :)

Mens Combat Jean Trousers Slim Fit Black Zip Design
Mens Combat Jean Trousers Slim Fit Black Zip Design

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool combat pants, 8 Feb. 2013
Well made pair of combat trousers. Lots of cool punk style details, extra zips and pockets etc. Minor quibbles, There's two fake pocket flaps on the front which given the main fron pockets aren't deep felt like a bit of a let down, hence to four stars. Other than that great pants, next time I'm buying I'll be going back to see what else this store has.

Pretty Hate Machine
Pretty Hate Machine
Offered by Rock&PopCDVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic NiN, 8 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Pretty Hate Machine (Audio CD)
Excellent early Nine Inch Nails. Nice dance groove on some of the tracks. Some of them stay with you long after you've finished listening to the cd.

War Is The Answer Limited Edition
War Is The Answer Limited Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars FFDP Do it again, 23 Mar. 2010
Usually after a band have a very popular debut cd their second foray tends to be a little bit of a let down. Five Finger Death Punch turn that assumption upside down. Not only is War is the answer as good as, The Way of The Fist, arguably a couple of the tracks are even better.

Normally I don't bother with special editions. I prefer the purity of just the cd but I love Five Finger Death Punch so much I figured what the hell. The main chunk on the extra dvd is some live footage of the band both on and off screen and a montage of fans of the band showing off their FFDP tattoos or their photos of themselves or with various band members. Some of the band footage was a little bit ropey and at one point it changes style altogether when it has a performance of theirs at Download festival last year. However it was interesting to see the band and their antics. I also found the fan stuff to be fascinating.

On balance I would say it is worth paying the little bit extra to get the special edition of War is the Answer. I've certainly been telling my friends about it, hoping to get them into FFDP. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2011 1:34 PM BST

Doctor Who - The Invasion of Time [DVD]
Doctor Who - The Invasion of Time [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Baker

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best Tom Baker, 28 Aug. 2009
Given how much I love Tom Baker as Dr. Who I found this story to be a bit weak. The idea behind it was a good one but there's a lot of repetitive scenes and it seems to lack pace. I ended up feeling that they'd got to the end of a series and ran out of budget. A hard core Dr. Who fan will be able to correct me if I'm wrong. If you're trying to complete your collection of Dr. Who dvd's get it, otherwise save your pennies and get a more classic Tom Baker DVD like Robot or The brain of Morbius.

Doctor Who - The Brain of Morbius [DVD]
Doctor Who - The Brain of Morbius [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Who Reworking of Frankenstein Story, 28 Aug. 2009
I grew up with Tom Baker as 'My' doctor. (Yes I hid behind the arm of the sofa when the daleks were on!) This is one of the classic Tom Baker stories. Its a reworking of the Frankenstein story by Mary Shelley but done as only Dr Who can do it! Must buy for your collection. (Look for the recent BBC Dr Who novel Warmonger if you want to know how Morbius ends up in the situation he does in this story. It's a good read!)

Scripting Your World: The Official Guide to Second Life Scripting
Scripting Your World: The Official Guide to Second Life Scripting
by Dana Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Official Guide does it again, 9 July 2009
As with all the other Second Life official guides, this one doesn't talk down to you and takes you through scripting step by step. I found it very useful and genuinely feel I understand a lot more about how the Second Life scripting language, LSL, works. A must buy for all new scripters.