Profile for chaffinch > Reviews

Content by chaffinch

chaffinch

Page: 1 | 2
Low energy R63 spot light reflector bulb 11w = 45w equivalent ES Edison Screw E27 WARM WHITE Colour 2700K spotlight

3.0 out of 5 stars Average of 1* and 5*, 19 Jan 2013
Whether this product is for you will depend on what you want to use it for. If you want to flick the switch and get instant light, forget it. It takes about 1/2 a second to get anything and then the process of the light 'warming up' to full brightness is about 5 minutes. No really, it is! To start with the light is very dim and has a purple tinge. That's the bad news. The good news is that once it is warmed up, the colour is good, the light is as bright as my old R63 and the power consumption (as with all CFLs) is much lower of course. If you'll have this light on constantly for a long time, it will be much better than a halogen. So, either a 1* or 5* product, depending on your usage.

Toshiba E-core B22 7.7 Watt Classic Gls Wide2700k 470lm, Home White
Toshiba E-core B22 7.7 Watt Classic Gls Wide2700k 470lm, Home White

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a bulb at the end of the day ... but a good one ..., 22 Dec 2012
I can't get over-excited about a bulb but it seems a good shade of white (not too cold) and has much better light distribution that some LED B22 bulbs because the light passes out of an area which is greater than hemispherical. According to my energy meter, it takes about the 8W it claims and the amount of light you get for this is very good. It's no replacement for a 100W bulb but it claims to be a 40W equivalent and that seems a fair assessment. Perhaps even a bit brighter to my eye. I have it in a table lamp that is almost always on and it seemed worth spending the money on this for the long term saving. It suggests a 25000h lifetime and has a three year guarantee according to Amazon. In truth, I would replace many of the lights in the house with these were it not for the high price and this is why it does not get 5*. When you can get this product for a tenner and if it actually lasts all those hours, I'll upgrade my rating :o)

Golebo Crystal screen protector for Apple iPad 3 WiFi - (Crystal clear, Air pocket free application, Easy to remove)
Offered by DISAGU protectionfilms
Price: 12.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but ..., 1 Oct 2012
As a screen protector, this is very good. It is completely transparent when applied correctly. My only issue was applying it correctly! I cleaned my iPad with a microfiber cloth, and then blew any small traces of dust off the surface using a lens air jet. I then applied this with the ipad on a hard surface that I had previously dusted. Even so, a few tiny pieces of dust remained underneath the film and created small air bubbles that I just could not remove. Luckily these are under the black surround and not the screen itself. Also, the tab to remove the backing film is on the wrong side of the product in my opinion. It would be better if it was on the opposite side as aligning the two holes in the screen would be far easier with the larger hole positioned first. Not a bad product but a little disappointed how difficult it was to fit.

Polaroid Super Blower With Hi Perfomance Silicon Squeeze Bulb
Polaroid Super Blower With Hi Perfomance Silicon Squeeze Bulb
Offered by Smart Shop UK
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 14 July 2012
Bought this to get dust off the lens of my camera (which it does very well) but actually found it very useful for cleaning the camera's screen before fitting a protector Golebo Crystal screen protector for Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ30 - (Crystal clear, Air pocket free application, Easy to remove). A strong blast of air is easily generated. For scale, the bulb size is about the size and shape of your average lemon ... although I'd suggest you try not to mix the two up when cleaning your lens :o)

Acme Made CMZ Pouch Camera Pouch - Yellow
Acme Made CMZ Pouch Camera Pouch - Yellow
Offered by Branded and New
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case ..., 14 July 2012
Bought this for my Lumix TZ30. Nice snug fit and looks very smart. I'm sure the TZ30 would withstand quite a bump once inside this ... although I'm not prepared to test this out for you! My only criticism is that the zip only comes half way around the case and as such, the opening is a little restricted, meaning that the camera body and screen get quite close to the teeth of the zip, particularly when putting the camera in. This is probably fine but as I was going to buy a screen protector anyway Golebo Crystal screen protector for Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ30 - (Crystal clear, Air pocket free application, Easy to remove) I fitted this before using the case.

Offered by DISAGU protectionfilms
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot easier than I thought ...., 14 July 2012
Bought this for my Lumix TZ30. Never really used a screen protector before so was a little bit hesitant about putting it on. I wiped the screen down with a micro-fibre cloth first. This got rid of grease but left some dust when I angled the screen to see the reflection off it from a window. I used my new polaroid super blower Polaroid Super Blower With Hi Perfomance Silicon Squeeze Bulb to get this off. Peeling the backing off was easy and it went on first time without a single air bubble. It is exactly the right size for the TZ30. I have tested the camera and it doesn't seem to impair the function of the touch screen from what I can see. You really wouldn't know it was there ... in fact, I'm starting to wonder if I didn't just dream putting this on :o)

Olney Hats Snap Brim Panama Fedora with Black Band
Olney Hats Snap Brim Panama Fedora with Black Band

5.0 out of 5 stars Where did you get that hat?, 14 July 2011
Well, the answer to that question, is here! It's certainly a very nice hat too! Far nicer than the few panamas I could try down my local high street last weekend. It arrived very quickly (within two business days) by Royal Mail in a cardboard box with an insert especially designed to keep the hat in perfect shape, which it was. Never bought a hat on-line before so was convinced when it arrived it would be the wrong size but to my amazement, it fits perfectly! As I am between the sizes, I took the advice and bought the larger, 59cm. This was a good move. Not only because it fits me well anyway but also because the band design is such that if it really was too large, it would be easy to place some padding behind this without this being visible - the band is attached to the hat only along the bottom edge and so any padding would fit behind the band unseen. So, in summary, a very nice hat!

Cateye Strada Rd300 Cycling Computer - Black
Cateye Strada Rd300 Cycling Computer - Black
Offered by Rosy's Shop
Price: 39.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product!, 29 July 2010
This review is from: Cateye Strada Wireless (Sports)
I have to say that I like this device a lot. Boys and toys maybe!?! I've only recently taken up cycling again and it is a giant leap from the days of the manual odometer on the front fork and the little peg on your spoke - now you get a small magnet on your spoke instead! In those days, you had to buy one based on your wheel size of course but one of the first things you do with this is to tell it the circumference of the wheel based on a very extensive look-up chart. It has to be extensive because it even had an entry for my 26 x 1.25 wheels and these are way obsolete! Fitting it on the bike took a bit longer than I thought - not because it was that difficult particularly but just because I wanted to get it right first time. Having done it once, if I did it again, it would probably only take me 10 mins but I guess it actually took me closer to 30 mins by the time I had it fully working and tested. I've had it on the bike a few weeks now and not encountered any problems: no hitches with the wireless at all. As a computer, it does what I want. I'm sure you can get more complicated ones but for me, this is perfect. The display unit is quite small (more a 1st class large stamp than a PDA, as you might think based on the photo!) but it is easily readable on the move. One nice feature on it I like is that it has arrows that tell you if your current speed is above or below your average, even if you are not showing your average in the lower display section (in the picture the arrow is up, suggesting 21.5 is above the journey average). Overall, a nice bit of kit that arrived quickly.

Am-Tech BICYCLE NYLON STORAGE BAG EASY FIT HOOK AND LOOP
Am-Tech BICYCLE NYLON STORAGE BAG EASY FIT HOOK AND LOOP
Price: 4.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 27 July 2010
This bag is not large by any means but it'll hold a 500ml water bottle, your wallet, keys and a phone at a push. I just wanted a bit of on-board storage for shorter journeys without having to put a pannier on the bike. Fits inside the frame well and not wide enough to catch your legs - well, not the way I cycle anyway! Only had it a few days but for the price, you really can't fault it from what I have seen so far. Seems well built and I don't expect it to be waterproof at this price, although I have had it in light rain and nothing seemed to get wet inside. Outstanding value I would say.

Smart Lunar 25 Lux Front with 1/2 Watt Rear Light Set (Batt.Inc.)
Smart Lunar 25 Lux Front with 1/2 Watt Rear Light Set (Batt.Inc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very highly recommended, 27 July 2010
These lights are VERY BRIGHT!! Fantastic and well worth the extra money over the cheapest you can get. Have been using these lights around dusk time in flashing mode and people really notice you. Tonight I thought I'd find out why and parked my bike and walked 200m in either direction and looked back at the bike. There's no missing them, believe me! The front one was aimed on the floor 3m in front of the bike but even at 200m it was very striking. The side cut-outs on the light mean you can be seen from the side too. The rear one, pointing horizontal of course, was equally bright frankly. They arrived quickly and were easy to mount. What more can you want?

Page: 1 | 2