Profile for stepless > Reviews

stepless (England)

Free Movies & TV
Free Movies & TV

1.0 out of 5 stars Too worried to use this product, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Free Movies & TV (App)
I downloaded this app yesterday without reading reviews. I immediately found that it didn't open any films but gave me more menus. Once I read the reviews, I am too concerned to use the app as people say that it upsets the Kindle! My kindle is new so still learning about it. I don't know how to uninstall it. It was only less than £1 but why is amazon continuing to sell something that clearly doesn't work? Can this many people get it wrong? I look at my options on this sale and find that I can only review it- not 'return' it or express my dissatisfaction with it. So there you are Amazon, instead of tlling you, I am forced to tell the world. It has shaken my confidence in Kindle apps purchases already.
Great shame!

BlackBerry Curve 9380 Sim Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars What were Blackberry thinking?, 13 Jan 2013
I ordered this phone in a hurry as my previous phone failed and I needed replacement fast. I cannot get on with it but am tied into an ORANGE contract until next year. The first one went back as it kept sending photo texts every few seconds to my daughter! This one sometimes sends multiple texts on it's own (and I have it in a hard flip case at all times so no accidental dialling etc.) The keyboard is not intuitive- I get smiley faces when hitting delete, change languages when hitting space bar and get corrections of my abbreviations in texts such as 'Thurs' corrects me to write 'thugs'. I have reduced my texting because correcting is too difficult! I have never managed to adjust the sensitivity to my satisfaction. The strange addition of buttons to a touch phone is weird for changing applications and going back to menu etc.

Several phone shops just groan and say they have NEVER sold one and they think it is awful (and these weren't sale pitches, I wasn't buying).

Try any other phone but not this.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, 26 Oct 2012
I have had my phone inside this cover since April. It is a very tight fit and whe the phone became faulty and had to be replaced, was a nightmare to get off. The stitching around the edge is coming off but I think the seams are glued. It has protected my phone well so cannot complain. Sadly left the screen protector on my phone that was returned. It was so invisible!

Olympus SZ-14 Digital Super Zoom Camera - Red (14MP, 24x Wide Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD
Offered by Picsio

5.0 out of 5 stars @Video quality like the BBC!, 26 Oct 2012
I enquired about this camera in a camera shop. I wanted video as well as a decent zoom. 'It is BBC quality video' the salesman said. He was not wrong! I have become a short video fanatic. You just press the red button and can zoom in or out on my grandchildren, Ed Milliband giving a rallying speech at the other end of the room, my daughter's graduation ceremony speeches and file past in a huge marquee, filming our plot of land and brook with commentary for Facebook.. you get the picture (get it?). Sound quality and crystal sharp images at any distance. Only downside is that it drains the battery very quickly.

I am a great photographer of close ups- so far I have got the transparent shells of garden snails, the hairs on the back of a butterfly, raindrops on roses (but not yet any whiskers on kittens)and other minutia in fantastic focus.
I haven't even begun to explore manual settings and so have everything above achieved on the standard auto setting.

I am SO pleased. I am going to treat myself to a spare battery and then I will be ready for anything.

Gardman All New Vision Window Bird Feeder with Fat Snax hanger
Gardman All New Vision Window Bird Feeder with Fat Snax hanger
Offered by Garden Selections

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant and effective little feeder, 13 April 2012
We have had hours of entertainment watching tits and robins using this little feeder, as well as a few other bigger visitors from time to time. It is very secure and the birds clearly feel very safe in it.
Unfortunately, we have a squirrel that can jump quite a height from the outside sill and sits facing outwards, his bottom filling the space,tail hanging down, taking the seeds.

We have moved it up the window but he still manages to jump. Wonderful to watch and very funny. My 22 month old grandson adores seeing all the antics and is already learning to count.. 1 birdy.. 2 birdies!

You can tell, we love it.

Doctor Knickerbocker and Other Poems (Learning Resources: Rudolf Steiner Education)
by Jane Grell

5.0 out of 5 stars Preserving the oral tradition of musical folklore of the Caribbean while mixing it with English nursery rhymes, 13 Mar 2012
I have had this book since the mid 90s when I attended a course run by the author. She brought the poems to life with movement and rhythm and I have never forgotten.
Doctor Knickerbocker is a delight of beat, humour, moral tale and Caribbean references. I am using these poems while running Multisensory story telling courses for teachers.
This book stands the test of time and the poems about children, the weather and a load of other themes continue to engage and delight.
£70? I paid £4.95 for mine!

The Damp House: A Guide to the Causes and Treatment of Dampness
The Damp House: A Guide to the Causes and Treatment of Dampness
by Jonathan Hetreed

5.0 out of 5 stars Become your own expert, diagnose your problems and learn the best action to take, 11 July 2008
Every house I have ever lived in, rented or bought has had damp of some sort. Buyers want reductions from the seller because of it, tradesman can tell you anything- and do anything to 'cure' it. It is a shameful odour and a blight on our paintwork.
This book shows you what kind of damp you have, what causes it and what remedies to take to diminish it. It might stop you purchasing a house that is going to always have problems- or stop you paying a fortune to a trader, when you could take other actions.
It is easy to understand and covers every type of damp, with drawings & photos to help.
There should be a copy in every estate agents office, to help the client. I am no longer afraid of dampness.