Profile for JANEY > Reviews

Sterling Silver Marcasite Hummingbird Brooch
Offered by Touch Jewellery
Price: 27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful product, 23 Dec 2011
This little hummingbird brooch, arrived on time and was well packaged. I would recommend both the seller and the product. The pin is beautifully made with lovely detail and a lovely pose - I purchased it as a christmas present for my sister who was thrilled with it. It is also small enough (but not too small or too light) - to wear on a cardi or jumper as well as a jacket (i.e., it will not pull your clothes), it has a good fasten catch to the back. I loved it and would highly recommend it, beautiful.

Dream Catcher 3 Circles With Bone Wooden Beads And Feathers 16CM
Dream Catcher 3 Circles With Bone Wooden Beads And Feathers 16CM
Offered by Esthers Gifts
Price: 0.51

5.0 out of 5 stars caught in a catcher of dreams, 23 Dec 2011
My wonderful dream catcher arrived on time and was well packaged. I love it!! beautiful little item and well made (the only thing that I had to do was to place it high enough so my cat did not manage the get the feathers)!. Lovely, thank you. I would recommend both the seller and the product. I have always dreamt a lot, since I was a child...but, amazingly so, since my dream catcher has been at my window (and often has the moon behind it) - I have not had one dream and the best nights sleep I have had for many months....

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
by Haruki Murakami
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars THE WIND UP BIRD CHRONICLE, 23 Dec 2011
This is a must read for anybody who wants to get lost in a dream like fiction, fantasy like book. I absolutely love this book, one of my favourite reads (I have read all of his books)and I have just purchased this to re-read again as I mislaid my first copy!. This has got to be in my top ten books of all times. I would definitely recommend it, it is a must for the imagination, if you want to completely escape in to some amazing fiction, that play like films in your head, please read this book, I cannot recommend this book enough. Another favourite of mine, in a sort of similar vein would be The Famished Road by Ben Okri.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars HABANITA PERFUME, 30 Nov 2011
I absolutely adore this perfume (that I first found in Paris many years ago) and it is hard to source in London UK. So thank you Amazon and thank you Perfume Power the seller I used, which I was very pleased with and would definitely use again. The perfume is warm, musky interesting powdery and not heavy....it is one of my favourite perfumes and I always get compliments when I wear it...it is very different. In fact, I do not want to say too much, as I don't want that many people buying it!!! So, once again, thank you to the seller, it arrived very promptly and well packed and thank you Amazon for having such a wonderful hard to find perfume.

Legends of the Chelsea Hotel: Living with Artists and Outlaws in New York's Rebel Mecca
by Ed Hamilton
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 1 Aug 2011
I ordered this book from Amazon last week after looking at the amazing black and white photographs in Julia Calfee's book of the residents of the Chelsea Hotel. After seeing all the amazing photographs, this book is full of short chapters on some of the most bizzare and famous residents, giving a brief introduction to them and a glimpse in to their lives at the hotel, either in the lift, the lobby, wandering the corridors, or just how they lived in their rooms. It is a fascinating read.

For anyone with an interest in the hotel, or just wishing to see what the hotel was about, I would highly recommend this book, it is well written and very witty, it makes you wish you could just call in to the hotel (if it was still there) and just sit in the lobby to people watch for a few hours! Highly recommended. I LOVED IT.