Profile for Lloyd G > Reviews

Content by Lloyd G

Lloyd G

Page: 1 | 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 (PS4)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 (PS4)
Offered by Arancia Eoutlet

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID AT ALL COSTS!, 2 Oct. 2015
I have to be honest, I heard that this game was not going to be very good and I did check Amazon.com to see it had 1.9 over 14 reviews which is shocking really.. I had to try it for myself though. Well what a mistake! I pre-ordered it from GameSeek and it came yesterday (01/10/15) so I received it one day before the UK release. Before I talk about THPS5 I must make it clear I am a MASSIVE Tony Hawks fan, I wanted this game to be so fun and remind me of why I use to spend so much of my childhood time playing the original games so you can say I thought I would get this for the nostalgia. It is developed by Robomodo, I did enjoy the HD version which they was involved in but this game is just so bad! I put it in my console and there was no update, despite hearing there is a 7GB update which is bigger than the game itself! I loaded the game and the Activision and Robomodo logos lagged so bad, I could not believe my eyes! When the game came on I clicked single player and it prompted me to try the tutorial, I declined this and was greeted with a continuous video of skateboarding from the menu with no signs of the SP loading! I re-started the game and tried this 3 x times! Still no luck, so I tried the tutorial and wow... When I started skating the game seemed so bland, half the tricks and manuals and grinds which I use to change mid drift to increase the multiplier was all gone! When I attempted a 180 degree spin it felt so slow and clunky that I could not even land it! I felt so lost to the game and it did not feel like a Tony Hawks game at all. I loved all the original Tony Hawks Pro Skaters 1, 2, 3 and 4 and most of all I loved the Underground games especially Underground 2! It's sad to see that it appears this game was released as a rush job and as a cash grab.. I am thoroughly disappointed and it is a sad day for the Tony Hawks games!! I actually watched a few videos of THUG 2 and it just reminded me how good these games use to be! Amazing and a wacky storyline.. Sadly something THPS5 lacks in every aspect. I have sold this already. I actually feel bad that I have sent this game to someone else, I listed in my eBay listing that it's not a game for big TH fans! There's not much more to say other than avoid this game at all costs.

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition (Playstation 4)
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition (Playstation 4)
Offered by games-wizard

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the real deal., 5 Nov. 2014
After playing Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare I feel compelled in writing a review on it. I have played both the online multiplayer and the campaign. To start with like many people I have played all of the Call Of Duty games since the very legendry Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released (Talking about CODS from 2007 onwards). I mainly play like others for the multiplayer experience however I have found myself in the past few years trying to earn all the platinum trophies on every COD! I feel over the years we have had a different experience each time and this could be down to the development team in charge of the particular game released, personally I have found a pattern that I prefer Treyarch developed Call Of Duty titles, in which World At War was a personal favourite. Anyway I will move on to the different aspects, I am honest I have not played the Survival game mode however I don't tend to enjoy these and only complete these when necessary for trophies!

Multiplayer:

I have played around 3 hours online and I am going to give it more time but I feel during this period of time I have made up my mind on this game. The maps on this game are designed well, they are bright and vibrant and they have obviously been well thought of and I credit Sledgehammer games for their creativity in this aspect. The Exo abilities are the new feature to the game and due to the modern nature of the game you are able to boost jump high and can boost side to side in a swift action. This is ok and like other people mention, it feels like a temporary gimmick which appears fun initially but wears off after a short time and actually ends up becoming more annoying in my opinion. The gameplay is fast and fluid, sometimes the spawns can fail you a bit and I have been killed a few times from my spawn point. I do like the customisation you can complete to your soldier and when you are in a lobby you can highlight over other players names and see their soldier which seems like an innovative idea. Create a class is similar to other Call Of Duty titles and the 13 combination allowance of items means you can create very varied classes which can be arranged to suit different game modes whether it be Search & Destroy or quite simply Team Death Match. However I find that each Call Of Duty title that's released the developers try to out do the predecessor to make it more complicated or advanced ironically, I am more for simple class set ups and it seems long gone are the days when you would have three perks and a primary and secondary gun! This leads me to talk about the killstreak options, again a much the muchness, you can select three different killstreak options, however I find the kilstreak options this year very bland and boring, most of them are manual to use so you have to take time out of the gameplay to operate them and they don't appear very effective unlike in previous Call Of Duty titles. The UAV appears useless as one of the first perks you can apply makes you invisible on the enemies radar! I use to strive to achieve killstreak options on previous Call Of Duty games but now it appears that its a chore when you have earnt one! This to me is a negative of the game and is partially one of the contributing aspects that puts me off the multiplayer experience. I played with some friends on Search & Destroy and from playing this mode previously we all liked the fact that the round count on Advanced Warfare has been increased to 6 for the win, this leads to more intense battles when a lobby full of competitive players are matched together. We was unsure of the decision regarding the arm/defuse time on S&D as it appears to now have been extended to 7 seconds as oppose to 5 seconds. It felt very confusing changing ends after very round, i.e one round defending, then one round attacking and so on. Overall Search & Destory was hit and miss, it was enjoyable with friends but I don't feel the addiction to this game mode as such when I played it on Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare or Call Of Duty World At War. I also played a game on Free For All, this was not enjoyable, it was to hard to survive! It's good having a fast game but it felt like when you got a kill you would instantly get killed, it's almost as if the maps were too small or the spawns were not appropriate. I decided to try the "Classic" game modes which is basically either Team Death Match, Domination, Search & Destroy and Kill Comfirmed without the Exo abilities, i.e the jump pack which had people jumping around like they had a trampoline stuck to their feet! Anyway I move on, I played TDM and Domination on these game modes, the game still felt fast paced and it felt better to play without the Exo abilities, it just felt that wherever you was on the map on the Exo abilities maps, you feared someone jumping from any direction and this this made the whole game seem overwhelming, so the classic mode was a good idea for the Call Of Duty players who wanted originality included. Although this felt better the game seemed broken still and very bland. Overall playing Advanced Warfare online I felt that the game was too balanced and it would almost seem that for every kill you gained, a death was inevitable. I appreciate its fast paced and full of action, but it almost seems like the game mechanics are too even. I relate this to an old option in old racing games called "Catch Up" by allowing this it use to ensure a close and even game and it would advantage racers further behind to catch up racers in front, that may even be driving flawlessly. I feel this has been applied to Advanced Warfare, either that or I have just got to get a lot better!! I use to play competitively (Not league gaming, I mean just general online play) for score etc and I have other friends who also feel this game is playing the same way for them. I want to like it, and as I mentioned earlier I am going to give the game more chance and play so,e more and if I feel this review needs updating I will do so but this is my initial thoughts when playing Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare online.

Campaign:

I have only played two levels, I am playing on Veteran difficulty (for trophies) and it appears in comparison to other Call Of Duty titles the Veteran difficulty on Advanced Warfare is not to difficult. I have enjoyed the first two levels, the Exo abilities feel suited to the campaign and I feel these abilities are acceptable and much more welcome here than within online gameplay. The graphics are absolutely crisp and you can't deny Sledgehammer have put in a lot of effort and the 1080p graphics look stunning on the PS4. I can't add much more about the story to be honest, I have only just started it but it appears promising although what short for what I hear other gamers mention it to be in terms of length with not much re-play value. For me I mainly play Call Of Duty for online gameplay but is nice to enjoy a refreshing campaign story and I thoroughly enjoy trophy hunting and trying to meet the aims / requirements to unlock all the trophies!

Overall Pros:

1) The online multiplayer maps are bright and vivid and the maps are well designed.
2) Search & Destroy rounds raised to 6 for the win. Creates a better competitive game.
3) Customisation of your online soldier are vast and you can view other players soldiers when in a lobby, appears innovative in my opinion.
4) You are rewarded regularly with supply crates online which can be generous at times, I recieved a care package and a 25 min 2XP period.
5) Graphics are crisp online and offline especially in the campaign story.

Overall Cons:

1) Exo abilities appear a bit of a gimmick and although fun initially, in my opinion it became annoying!
2) I feel the game online is far too balanced and this creates a very stale and boring game.
3) The killstreaks are bland and I don't get the same buzz I use to in previous COD titles when earning and using them.
4) it almost feels like each Call Of Duty that is released, has to out do its predecessor. In my opinion less is more and all options have become to complicated, this is no different.
5) The stats are harder to access, I have yet to be able to view my friends stats and compare, stats were much easier and better layed out in previous COD titles.

SUMMARY

I think Sledgehammer have put in a lot of effort with Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare, they had a demanding task to fulfil as Call Of Duty has always been a popular series, although recent sales would suggest the COD series has dipped in recent times, they still had to step up and create what is the first main Call Of Duty game for the next gen consoles as Ghosts was a re-release from last gen to next gen. Advanced Warfare is ok but as you see from the above pros and cons, although I feel improvements have been made, the whole mood of the game feels negative for me, it almost feels like Call Of Duty has ran out of ideas?! I am a massive fan of Treyarch developed games and World At War for me is quite simply my favourite Call Of Duty game, it was addictive, it was entertaining but guess what? It was simple! I personally think that it's all well and good making really advanced and in depth games but sometimes less is more. I am not going to criticise Sledgehammer for not including Zombies in the core game, they never promised it and frankly people leaving one Star reviews on this matter need to consider listening or watching videos prior to pre-ordering or buying the game. I would say this is a very marmite game! I would say it's a great title for a casual FPS gamer! At the time of writing this review it is currently 3.7 overall rated, I am personally rating it 3 stars out of 5 which I think is fair, I think 4 stars out of 5 would be to generous for the cons of the game and anything less than 3 would be harsh. I think that about sums up my review for Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare! I will say, I know my review does not contribute anything towards Survival gameplay but should I play, or for the general matter change my mind about anything I have written here, I will endeavour to update this review accordingly! Thanks for reading.

The Last of Us: Remastered (PS4)
The Last of Us: Remastered (PS4)
Offered by Signyt

5.0 out of 5 stars GET IT NOW!!, 5 Aug. 2014
The Last Of Us is an amazing game and it's reviews of 4.7 over 1014 reviews for PS3 speaks volumes. The remastered version looks incredible on PS4!! There's not a lot to say that probably has not already been said! A gaming masterpiece!

The Last Of Us Remastered - Day 1 Edition (PS4)
The Last Of Us Remastered - Day 1 Edition (PS4)
Offered by Thames11 Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 1 Aug. 2014
The Last Of Us is an amazing game and it's reviews of 4.7 over 1005 reviews for PS3 speaks volumes. The remastered version looks incredible on PS4!! There's not a lot to say that probably has not already been said! A gaming masterpiece!

Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4)
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4)
Offered by APE-GAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable game, 6 Jun. 2014
I think this is a brilliant game. Without revealing to much you play as detective Ronan O' Connor who has been murdered, you have to solve the mystery behind your own death! Very strange idea but it is actually a good game where you have to think what to do. It's a very eerie game and I don't think it is a game to show of high definition graphics but what it does it does well. It appears to be a shortish game possibly as some people have already got the platinum trophy (released 03/06/14 in the USA) and during one sitting I got 35% of the trophies in about 3 hours or so! However I am enjoying it. I would recommend it from what I have played. You go around finding clues and collectibles which add depth to the explanations behind certain aspects to the murder and other crimes which you come across. You can eavesdrop onto other humans conversations to gain more information etc. All in all it's a game which has a different approach, you have to think logically and it is a breath of fresh air for the gaming world. All of this is my opinion of course.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2014 3:32 PM BST

All This Bad Blood
All This Bad Blood

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING ALBUM!, 9 May 2014
This review is from: All This Bad Blood (MP3 Download)
Quite simply an amazing album!! Picked this up when the MP3 album was 99p for a short time. Even for the price the physical copy sells at this is exceptionally amazing value for money! Every song is catchy and sticks in your head and has you singing along! I have seen Bastille live twice, once at Leeds Festival in the NME tent and at Manchester O2 Academy and wow!! They are amazing!! Recommend this album, recommend you see them live if you like this album!

Living World Natures Perch, Small
Living World Natures Perch, Small
Offered by WUNDAPETS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for budgies!, 9 May 2014
This is a nice little perch which looks effective and suits our budgies cage. Bertie has two of these and he loves them! Good value and arrived promptly. Recommended!

Heritage Womens Sterling Silver Mackintosh Open Rose Heart Necklace of 18 inch
Heritage Womens Sterling Silver Mackintosh Open Rose Heart Necklace of 18 inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful necklace and good value, 9 May 2014
I purchased this for my girlfriend for Xmas 2013 as she requested a silver necklace she can wear every day and looking online this fitted the bill, she has worn it everyday since receiving it! She loves it and only takes it off when going swimming etc so it does not tarnish. She receives lots of compliments about the necklace. I looked at the reviews and there are lot of positive reviews and for the great price I thought I would buy it. I 100% recommend this item and just want to echo like all the other reviewers on here how brilliant this necklace is!!

Sony MDRZX300R.AE Outdoor Headband Headphones - Red
Sony MDRZX300R.AE Outdoor Headband Headphones - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BUDGET CANS!, 9 May 2014
These cans are amazing and I can honestly say a purchase that I don't think many people will regret! I paid £10 and they are normally around £14.99. I also saw them in Asda's in store for £20 so Amazon are extremely good value for these headphones. I purchased the red ones and I think you can get them in Blue, White, Black etc. Sony are amazing anyway in my opinion. When they arrived they came in attractive packaging. The headphones look stylish and they swivel for storage. The lead comes down from both ear cups which is not a problem for me but some people do dislike this looking at other reviews. The lead feels quality and the 3.5mm adapter is L shaped which helps improve the life of the headphones. I listen to songs on my iPad and they sound gorgeous, the cans are effective for listening to all genres of music and offers exceptionally good bass for drum and bass tunes. They are comfortable as well, as others mention they do not block outside sound totally but for the price you will struggle to beat these. If I did not know the price and someone showed me these, I would estimate them to the value of £50+. These in my opinion are a much more cost effective purchase than Dre Beats where I think you are paying for a fashion icon not the real purpose as a set of headphones! Recommend these all day long and looking at the reviews you can see this is a quality item. 5 stars!

EDIT: Just wanted to add, I have used these headphones connected to my PlayStation 4 also and apart from not having a mic like a gaming headset, these cans are brilliant for use with games as well. All you have to do is plug the 3.5mm jack in the bottom of your DualShock 4 controller and change the audio output settings via the main settings menu to the headphones. You could use them with the PS Vita also! If you are undecided about these headphones and as such reading this review I would personally urge people to try these headphones as they are top draw!!

Ed Hardy Love and Luck Men Eau de Toilette - 50 ml
Ed Hardy Love and Luck Men Eau de Toilette - 50 ml
Offered by Fragrance New York

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as everyday spray, 9 May 2014
I purchased this for myself and for under £10 (What I paid) this makes an excellent everyday spray which can be used for work, leisure etc. Comes in nice packaging in a tube style cardboard cylinder. Would make a nice gift also! Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2