Profile for El_Gibbo > Reviews

Lezyne Micro Drive Front And Rear Light
Lezyne Micro Drive Front And Rear Light
Price: 44.00 - 118.18

2.0 out of 5 stars Bright but not without fault, 26 Oct 2013
I've had a Lezyne front light for a year and have been quite impressed with it so decided to get a front/rear set to make sure I would be seen whatever the British weather could throw at me.

The first time using the lights came on a wet day, and by the time I got to work, the led button light was flashing green on the rear light (as it does when charging). I tried charging it, but the led wouldn't stop flashing. Lezyne support suggested to reset the light by sliding something down the back to disconnect the battery (I chose a playing card), but unfortunately that didn't work.

The light was returned and a new one was posted out, the next wet day I used the light, I put the rear on charge on my computer, only to come back later and the charge led was turned off completely. All attempts to get the light back on now do not work.

The front light hasn't suffered any problems at all.

I really like the lights, they're bright and easy to use, but they can't seem to stand up to the British wet weather.

Lezyne Micro Drive Rear Light
Lezyne Micro Drive Rear Light
Price: 27.94 - 74.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Bright but not without fault, 26 Oct 2013

The front light hasn't suffered any problems at all.

Berghaus MENS Explorer Trail Light Olive 80024 O92 8 UK
Berghaus MENS Explorer Trail Light Olive 80024 O92 8 UK
Price: 77.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely comfortable, 1 April 2013
I bought this product after trying it on in a local shop, at the time I thought they were comfortable and would do as replacements for my trusty 7 year old Salomon's. I was concious of the size, my feet are a size 8, but my last Salomon's were 9's, so having tried on the 8 and been happy with the fit this was the size that I ordered. When they arrived (after a stolen package) they fitted just like they had in the shop, and only a couple of days wearing them around the house they felt broken in enough to take them into the hills.

I used these boots on a weekly basis in preparation for doing longer walks later in the year. I did a 26 mile walk across the Isle of Wight and didn't get a single blister, and also hiked along Hadrian's Wall (carrying 12-13kg on my back) where again the boots held out well and when we finished I only had 1 small blister.

I would definitely recommend purchasing these boots, and I will probably replace them like for like when these eventually give out.

Lightweight Titanium Travel Mug
Lightweight Titanium Travel Mug
Offered by Funky Leisure
Price: 19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars For those concious of weight, 1 April 2013
I bought this for myself when I was doing a long distance hike and needed to save as much weight as possible. Well it's certainly light, when the box turned up, I thought it was empty! It comes in a handy carry bag, which I haven't used for the bag, but I have used to keep other hiking equipment in and to hand.

If you're in need of saving weight and performing a long hike, then this is definitely useful, if you're not and driving to a campsite, then this is probably a little expensive.

Optical Cable Toslink to Toslink 1M
Optical Cable Toslink to Toslink 1M
Offered by The end(Dispatched from HK)
Price: 1.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional, 3 Nov 2012
I've used this to connect my PS3 and sky box to a DAC. Don't be conned by "high speed" cables, as it's digital it makes no difference.

Works like a charm.

Chilli Technology Action 3 HD 720P Head Cam - Black
Chilli Technology Action 3 HD 720P Head Cam - Black
Price: 55.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, didn't fulfill expectations, 2 April 2012
I bought this product for use on my commute to work. I cycle around 9 miles each way which takes me around 35-40 minutes. With the amount of near misses I've had, I wanted a helmet camera to use as evidential video, should anything happen.

First impressions were good, the camera looks pretty heavy duty and recording short videos around the house were pretty good quality, although I couldn't pick anything up when filming in low light (this was only walking up the stairs which to the eye wasn't really too dark) but this didn't concern me as I will only be cycling in daylight until next winter.

My first commute to work didn't pan out as expected, I set if off recording when I left for work, however when I arrived, the camera was switched off entirely. Checking it on short records showed it working, so I tried it again on my commute home, and again, it had turned off when I arrived at my destination. Checking the camera showed that the files hadn't saved at all, other than the short files.

Further investigation showed that the camera only recorded for less than 20 minutes, any longer and then it would turn off and not save the video, as my commute is longer, it's not fit for purpose for me.

A work colleague also purchased this camera, his camera was also faulty so sent it off for a replacement, however the replacement was faulty too.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2013 6:00 AM GMT