Profile for SensiSi > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Tribes
Tribes

5.0 out of 5 stars A didge players must have., 31 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Tribes (MP3 Download)
Absolutely awesome. The best of the best.

3 x T2438 / 24XL Black Ink Cartridges Compatible with Epson Expression Photo XP-55, XP-750, XP-760, XP-850, XP-860, XP-950 (3BK)
Offered by Cartridges Kingdom

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good buy., 7 Aug. 2014
I've been buying full sets of compatibles and get through a fair few blacks, thereby accumulating a collection of the other colours. I thought I'd buy a set to try on my XP-750. Used them on a set of A4 prints this evening, and can't find fault with them. The black is as deep as the other inks that I use. Longevity will be watched and reported on if it's a problem.

Meinl SDDG1-SI Artist Series Simon Mullumby Didgeridoo - Black
Meinl SDDG1-SI Artist Series Simon Mullumby Didgeridoo - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable for the price., 28 July 2014
I've been playing for the last nine months and have bought a number of custom built sticks. I bought this on a whim, as firstly I didn't have fibreglass didge, I didn't have one in the key of F, and as I'm generally known as Si, it bears my name, so I felt obliged to get it . Still, it arrived Monday afternoon and I must have played it for about 10hrs over the last two evenings.

Finish is very good all round. Quoted dimensions are pretty accurate, mine is 154cm with mouthpiece of 30.6mm ID, the bell is 85.95mm ID and the weight is 1.927kg. It is one of my easiest didges to play, back pressure is on the upper end of high, so circular breathing is made easy. Double and triple tonguing come across really well, as does the percussive play. Vocals also excel. Forgot to mention the volume. This tube is definitely one of my loudest, no amp is needed for modest public play. The drone slightly harsher than some of my didges, more so when being played at a lower volume, so a good reason to play at full throttle. For anyone wanting a good, well priced didge this one should be on the shopping list. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Wolf Love
Wolf Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Pagan perfection, 17 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Wolf Love (MP3 Download)
As with their other albums that I have, I love it. A bit more mellow, but great all the same.

World of Omnia
World of Omnia

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a convert, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: World of Omnia (MP3 Download)
Only recently discovered Omnia through my love of he didgeridoo. Wish it had been sooner. Has to be one of the best bands that I've heard. Their whole ethos has gripped me.

AKG K550 Closed-Back Noise Isolating Reference Class Headphones with Large Earcups Compatible with Apple iOS And Android Devices - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 16 April 2014
I bought these a couple of weeks ago, based on the reviews that I read on various sites. It was a choice between these and a set of Bang and Olufsen H6's that I recently tried. They are for home use with a Cowon X9, which is the best portable MP3 I've had, out & about I use B&O H3's

Cowon iAudio X9 Super Player 16GB MP3 Portable Media Player with 110 Hours Battery Life

I listen to a variety of genres, but predominantly electronic / new age. These phones give absolutely superb rendition of the FLAC and MP3 files. They have weaned me off of the enhanced bass of other phones that I have tried. The bass response is ample and tight with no flabbiness. Mids and trebles are clear and precise, and the sound stage is expansive. I can detect sounds that have previously been unheard, even with my H3's. My only slight niggle was that I found the ear cups a bit shallow and uncomfortable. This was easily remedied by inserting 8mm of high density foam rings that I cut to size, just under the cups. Now I have perfect comfort and sound reproduction. To my mk1 ears they were better than the B&O's. Buy these with confidence.

Wooden Spiral Didgeridoo
Wooden Spiral Didgeridoo
Offered by Thorness

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Wooden Spiral Didgeridoo
I started playing the didge in December. First off I bought a cheap bamboo one from Bali. It started the addiction, but is extremely low in back pressure. Since then I have bought three custom made ones in the keys of B, C and E which are nothing short of perfect.

This spiral caught my eye initially for the novelty value. I like nicely grained timber and all the spirals that I have seen have just that, this one is no exception. Delivery was prompt and packing was good, with plenty of bubble wrap for protection. It differs from the one in the photo insomuch as it is slightly longer, with the bell extending another 90 degrees and therefore pointing forwards rather than up or down. Overall length if uncoiled goes to 64.5" / 163.8cm and it plays in the key of D, which filled a gap in my ever growing collection.

Sound quality is crisp and punchy. Back pressure I would say is medium, so not too difficult to play. It really seems to excel at fast percussive playing and vocalisation, which I am doing more and more as my playing style develops. The only criticism that I have is that the mouthpiece was slightly hard edged, hence the 4 star rating. This is soon cured though with careful filing, sanding and re-coating. The mouthpiece measures 30.5mm

Overall it's money well spent, especially as I know of one specialist supplier charging $175 to include a bag, but that price is before VAT and Duty as added at HM Customs.

Meinl MDDGBPRO Pro Didgeridoo Bag - Black
Meinl MDDGBPRO Pro Didgeridoo Bag - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost there, but no cigar., 15 Jan. 2014
I bought this bag as it was the only one I could find to fit my Matt Stevens didgeridoo, which is 146cm with a 15cm bell. I received it before the due date so that was a good start. Overall I like the bag, fabric is similar to ballistic nylon and well stitched, but one thing I'd change is the access, it comprises of a single zip around the circumference of the base. The zip itself seems ok, but it could be a higher quality, a YKK for example. I'd also prefer the access to be along the side of the bag rather than around the base. As it stands the full weight of the didge, 4kg in my case, is supported by the zip alone. With this in mind I have fitted a 4cm wide webbing strap with heavy duty clasps as added security.

Didgeridoo The Sound Of Outback
Didgeridoo The Sound Of Outback

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmeric didging, 13 Jan. 2014
A perfect antidote to life's daily stresses. It is well played in a traditional style, and is totally mesmeric and relaxing.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely little harp, 13 Jan. 2014
Over the years I have had a lot of Jews Harps and this one beats them all. It has a really nice tone and the wooden frame sits better on the teeth. The box is spot on, keeping the harp safe. The one that I received is in the key of E, which matches my other favourite instrument, a custom made split wood didgeridoo. As you can gather, I like monotone instruments. I'd happily recommend both the harp and the supplier to anyone that'll listen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4