Profile for Spiralgoddess > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Kärcher WD2.200 DIY Multi-Purpose, Wet And Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Kärcher WD2.200 DIY Multi-Purpose, Wet And Dry Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, 28 Sept. 2012
This is a powerful vacuum cleaner that laughs in the face of messy cleanups..

Having used pathetic wimpy vacuums, this was a revelation in how quickly potentially problematic issues can be tackled. In particular, large quantities of dust from woodwork and, having 2 guinea pigs, cleaning up straw and sawdust kicked from the cage is so easy! I can understand what someone said about it falling over and lining up the top after emptying but to be honest, these are really minor when one considers all the positives. I have owned this for 3 months and it has fallen over twice and after one empty, I know how to line up the top properly so it's an individual experience as to whether they are real issues across the board I would say. The only gripes I do have are a) the cord is rather short and b) there's no cord storage, so i have to wrap it around the body of the vacuum. All in all, an excellent and very affordable vacuum.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2014 7:59 AM BST

George Foreman 12208-56 Grill Sponges (Pack of 3)
George Foreman 12208-56 Grill Sponges (Pack of 3)
Offered by euroelectricals

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless, 14 Sept. 2011
These are really poor quality.

Have gone back to my usual method:

make sure unit is off and unplugged

Soak tea towel

Place in still warm grill covering plates (not hot, allow to cool for 5-10 mins)

Leave for as long as you like (within reason)

Wipe clean.

The steam loosens the top bits and the towel is in contact with the bottom plate soaking off any bits.

Works a treat, I just thought specifically made sponges would be better in the long run, but not so!

Let Them Eat Cake: the Complete Series [DVD] [1999]
Let Them Eat Cake: the Complete Series [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Saunders
Offered by ajdiscs

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as people say..., 9 Aug. 2011
C'mon folks, this may not be quite up tp Ab Fab and F&S standards but that's because this wasn't actually written by F&S but was created and written by Peter Learmouth.

Still, the acting and comic timing by all the cast is wonderful and I just like seeing F&S working together. Their chemistry is hilarious in its own right. On top of which, the writing may not be A+ but you can't argue with lines like "It's amazing' how sixty tousand a year puts power to one's elbow"

Classic!

Unibond Stop Humidity Power Tab Refills, 500 g - Pack of 2 (Old Version)
Unibond Stop Humidity Power Tab Refills, 500 g - Pack of 2 (Old Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars These work well.... to a point., 5 May 2011
I think this is the best option I have found so far for damp issues overall, however, I would suggest they are best used for living areas with slight to moderate damp problems. I use one in my bathroom due to excessive mould and they only work to a point due to the extremely high levels of humidity and condensation. This means they although the unit does collect a lot of water, there is simply too much for the tab to deal with.

Used on a lounge windowsill or bedroom, I think this would work perfectly well and so I have given 4 stars as it certainly does the job within its limits.

AVG Internet Security 2011, 4 User, 2 Year Subscription (PC)
AVG Internet Security 2011, 4 User, 2 Year Subscription (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars AVG has really gone downhill!!, 13 Mar. 2011
I thought this was a really good deal... until I installed it and it caused crashes, screen freezes, many of the functions didn't work and showed as 'no driver' or 'update required'. Tried updates etc but nothing worked, reconfigured, no joy.

I used to like AVG a lot which is why I bought this at the end of my Norton (equally nightmarish now it's popular)subscription. The problem seems to be that as soon as an antivirus/internet product becomes popular, it becomes a target and has to include a lot more things to slow down and crash one's PC just to stay ahead of the game. This nearly ruined my computer and left me without any internet access. I had to download a free trial of another security product and go online to download the special programme AVG have had to devise to deal with the uninstall problem. Nightmare of an afternoon! Thanks AVG!!

personal scanner
personal scanner
Offered by C2eco

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Laugh, 10 Jan. 2011
This review is from: personal scanner (Toy)
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my nephew and he loves it. Apparently, this weekend, the dog was not carrying anything illicit and neither was his nan, so we're all safe!

It should come with a battery though, that would make it even better.

Wallace & Gromit Slim 2011 Calendar
Wallace & Gromit Slim 2011 Calendar
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my fridge..., 10 Jan. 2011
I always like to have a slim calendar to hang on the fridge. It is so useful to be able to check dates and remind me of upcoming things with a quick glance when making a cup of tea etc. Yes, I have calendars on my laptop, PC, smartphone, everywhere you can imagine. There are beeps and pings, emails and coloured boxes reminding me every second of things I may have forgotten, along with equally urgent sounding noises of deadlines I haven't forgotten but are coming up. Instead, I still take the most notice of paper sheets showing amusing pictures of two animated characters, happily waving at me from the fridge. The addition of a recipe per month is lovely and for me, however "Blade Runner" the world gets, I will still be using my little slimline calendar, hanging happily from the fridge with a magnetic hook, making all those deadlines and upcoming events seem cute and amusing.

Ironically, my only gripe is that this took ages to arrive......

Complete Andersen's Fairy Tales (Wordsworth Library Collection)
Complete Andersen's Fairy Tales (Wordsworth Library Collection)
by Hans Christian Andersen

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 19 Dec. 2010
This is a fantastic collection of Andersen's stories. The type is a good size and the pictures are perfectly adequate.
The point of storytelling is as much creating the characters and making them come to life through the words as anything else. My young Nephew loves it when I do the voice characterisations and act out some of the scenes, pictures would be a bonus but are not in any way required.

As I said, fab book and a very welcome addition to the bookshelf :-)

The Men Who Stare At Goats [DVD] [2009]
The Men Who Stare At Goats [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ George Clooney
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 8 Aug. 2010
I loved this film. It was funny, interesting and given how much of it is alleged to be based on truth, it had me awestruck throughout. All of the principal actors were fantastic in their roles and the casting was brilliant which added to my thorough enjoyment.

The sequences where Ewan McGregor was asking "What's a Jedi?" had me roaring and this was (I like to think) a totally purposeful link to his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Great film, great cast and a rare occasion where I really don't want a film to end. 5***** all the way.

Binatone Style 1810 Quad Digital Cordless Telephone
Binatone Style 1810 Quad Digital Cordless Telephone

1.0 out of 5 stars Hate them!!, 5 July 2010
I was looking for a reasonably priced phone set and stumbled upon these. Thought the price was too good to be true and then was sorely reminded of why the saying "you get what you pay for" exists.

Cheap and nasty is another phrase invented for these little horrors. Very poorly made, bad design means you have to press them hard against the ear to hear and then suffer the pain of the badly shaped edges. I really thought they would break when I was pressing the buttons to make a call as they feel so flimsy.

I hate the way the info is all on the screen and there is no way to screen the answering machine. 5 very awful ring tones too.

I am sending them back and will happily pay extra for a decent phone set.

Page: 1 | 2