Profile for Bob > Reviews

Adventure Time Vol.5
Adventure Time Vol.5
by Ryan North

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Adventure Time Vol.5 (Paperback)
my son loves it!

Virgin ZTE Blade Q Mini Mobile Phone - Black.
Virgin ZTE Blade Q Mini Mobile Phone - Black.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super phone!, 3 Mar. 2015
The only other review gives this phone one star, which kinda worries me. hope mine don't malfunction. so far so good. had mine for about a month now, and its all good. brought mine from Cex by the way. had a Motorola defy plus for past two years but it was getting just to slow. this phone more than doubles the processor and the RAM. the camera is also a lot better, focusing for one thing. every app I've tried just runs and so far its not froze up once (with the defy I was always having to take out the battery when the thing froze up). the battery seems very good too. at 1500 mha I wasn't expecting more than a day at most, but with light use I'm stretching to three/four days. they say Li-Ion batteries don't suffer from the memory idiosyncrasies that NiCad did, but i think they do. so I try to fully drain it before charging for just three hours (that's all that's needed for full charge. my daughter leaves her iphone charging all night, and consequently she doesn't last through one day.
I paid 99p on ebay to get it unlocked, and I rooted it using framroot. I use an app called greenify to keep it running slick (to be honest I don't know whether this app helps or not!) I know the screen resolution is not the best, but for what I paid, which includes a years guarantee, I'm very happy.

Syma S109G Apache helicopter 3.5 channel -- New Version.
Syma S109G Apache helicopter 3.5 channel -- New Version.
Offered by Candy Lighting

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it, 8 Feb. 2015
thought i'd already reviewed this. had for a year or so now and its still flying. crashed it a thousand + times

Panasonic RP-HJE120E-A Ergo Fit Ear Canal Headphones - Blue
Panasonic RP-HJE120E-A Ergo Fit Ear Canal Headphones - Blue
Offered by UK Prime

4.0 out of 5 stars super - for the price, 8 Feb. 2015
good for the price, not the deepest sound

7dayshop R7 Sport Series Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones - Built in Mic - Ideal for use with iPad, iPhone, Tablets, Smartphones, laptops and PC's using VOIP and SKYPE - Black - Eco Packaging & Travel Carry Case Included
Offered by 7dayshop Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, 8 Feb. 2015
amazing! (for ten quid!)

the good:
sound quality sounds good to me. comparable to wired headphones
bluetooth. first bt headphones i've had, its nice to be able to change track and volume by just pressing button on headphones. with an android phone i've got to wake the thing up, unlock screen, then select action. this's a lot handier

the bad:
all plastic, seem quite flimsy, can't see em lasting to long
can't comment on battery, not had to charge em yet

How to Draw Hip-hop (How to Draw (Watson Guptill))
How to Draw Hip-hop (How to Draw (Watson Guptill))
by Damion Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Damion Scott rocks., 27 Oct. 2014
Damion Scott rocks. Have been a comic art fan for forty years now and Scott is the most complete artist I have ever I have ever seen

360 Degree Swivel Car Windshield Mount Holder Bracket for iPhone 4 / 4S, Samsung Galaxy, and Ther PDA, Smart Mobile Phones
Offered by EF-Cloud.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it, 27 Oct. 2014
This works perfect. been using for over a year now, still stuck to window

5.0 out of 5 stars Open system, 27 Oct. 2014
Like it, like the light! Have a couple of Kobos and used to have the Keyboard (till my wife dropped it) but I do like the light on this. Also like the fact that the kindle has its own email address so I don't need to connect it to computer to get books on it. Was lying in bed the other night with my wife, we were both reading. My wife said to me, "can you get me "name of a book"". I picked up my phone, downloaded the book in question and then emailed it to the Kindle. Less than ten minutes. "Done", I said.

I try not to buy books from amazon - not that I've got anything against Amazon. If I could find a way I wouldn't pay tax either
Out of all my readers the Amazon is the most open system believe it or not

Neptune's Cauldron
Neptune's Cauldron

5.0 out of 5 stars nautical matters and beautiful women (all of whom fall, 27 Oct. 2014
I thought I'd read all Michael Coney's novels so I was surprised to find this! Coney has some recurrent themes in his

writings, parallel Universes, nautical matters and beautiful women (all of whom fall, very early in each novel, for our

everyman hero/protagonist)

Well this novel ticks two out of three - no parallel Universes I'm afraid! Anyway, read this novel and enjoyed. Not a

heavyweight piece of literature, but nicely written all the same. At the same time I was reading Laurie lee's "As I Walked

Out One Midsummer Morning" and Mr Coney's writing stood up well!

Air Hogs Battle Tracker
Air Hogs Battle Tracker

4.0 out of 5 stars My boy loves it!, 31 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Air Hogs Battle Tracker (Toy)
got this for my son's eighth birthday. he loves it! two weeks later its still working too. just been up to dundee for a week and I knew the hotel we were going to had a big room we could use so I ordered myself a s109g (Syma). anyway, on with this review

The Helicopter. its ok! To be honest, we've had a few, and I've yet to find one I could accurately control. and this one's no exception. You can take it up or down, and turn it, but there's no forward or back control. It just drifts forward slowly. which works out ok. It fires discs but these mostly fall out before you get the chance to fire them. Must have crashed it a hundred times so far and its still flying (I know I shouldn't have said that!)

The Battletracker. I'm fifty years old and I still like toys! and I gotta admit I was intrigued by this. Yes it does track and fire upon the Air Hogs Helicopter. Sadly it would not track my s109 - must be something in the airhogs chopper (does anyone know how to make it track another copter?)
But it could be better. The guns lack sufficient elevation to shoot above 45 degrees. They also lack the power to shoot the foam missiles more than about a meter. Its fascinating when the thing actualy tracks and hits the copter but it needs improving.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3