Profile for Mr. Gavin Rayment > Reviews

Content by Mr. Gavin Rayment

Mr. Gavin Rayment (birmingham, west midlands United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Whiskas Can Gravy Selection 12 x 400 g (Pack of 2)
Whiskas Can Gravy Selection 12 x 400 g (Pack of 2)
Offered by Pet Connection

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor delivery, 3 Dec. 2012
Before you order bulk cat food from Amazon I am pretty sure that you already know what your cat's favourite food is, ours love Whiskas in Gravy as it is meaty and easy to digest. The only issue from a buying point of view is will you get it on the day that it says. After all you have to stay in from 7am to 7pm to make sure you get your item.

After doing this and for most have the day have 2 other people waiting with me so that I didn't miss the delivery whilst I nipped to the loo etc, to my disappointment no delivery of cat food.

Some other items that I ordered did arrive but no cat food. So the day after I had to go out and buy cat food thus making ordering from Amazon pointless.

Just before bed time I wondered if the tracking would confirm if it was out today. To my horror it says delivered.

It says it was delivered at a time 3 people were looking out for it ! No card to say it went elsewhere has been pushed through my door. No neighbour has knocked on my door since. Amazon has no help line for this, you have to contact the courier yourself and try to investigate. There is no online signature and no address of where it went to. Consider this before you buy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2013 11:54 PM GMT

Totes W/light Auto O/C Double Canopy Blk/charcoal Black/ Charcoal 7017BCH One Size
Offered by bagsandluggage Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Just bought my second, 29 Oct. 2012
I love this umbrella. It has survived very bad weather including strong gales and very heavy rain that have tried to batter it. It dries quickly and opens easily. I have just bought my second, not because the first broke but because I left the original on a bus !

Rosetta Stone, Spanish (Spain), Version 4, TOTALe, Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 (Mac/PC)[OLD VERSION]

1.0 out of 5 stars Wished I'd went to a language class instead, 8 Oct. 2012
For this price you can afford to go to proper lessons with a teacher that can answer your questions and correct your pronunciation.

Instead you get a picture where you have to work out what it is asking before you can decide how to translate it.

My worst experience though was finding that an update by Rosetta Stone lost all my online course work (unless I pay them more money). I won't , they don't deserve it and it is not worth it.

For me it has been a large mistake.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2012 6:12 PM BST

The West Pole
The West Pole
Offered by RAREWAVES

5.0 out of 5 stars More please, 10 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The West Pole (Audio CD)
Most of these reviews have been written by long term The Gathering fans. There can't be many bands who have changed so much since there early days as the Gathering. However, some of us as will join them for the first time now, with current singer song writer Silje Wergeland.

For those of us starting at this point and looking back to see what else they did I can only be very positive about this album. 'Treasure' and 'All You Are' are the sort of songs you play and then back track your MP3/cd player to listen to them again, Silje has a fabulous voice. The album has good diversity too. Love it and can't wait for their next release !

Accuratus Spanish Language USB Full Size Keyboard - Black
Accuratus Spanish Language USB Full Size Keyboard - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 9 Oct. 2011
I really think this is a great keyboard, I am trying to learn Spanish and got tired of cut and pasting letters with accents and the ñ letter so I decided to purchase this. I couldn't be more pleased with it.

One point of course is by doing this you will lose the pound symbol and gain a euro symbol, also I should mention that the @ sign is not where you would expect it on a British keyboard! Great keyboard though and letters so far are as still looking as new which on cheaper keyboards is not always the case.

Transcend 16GB Premium SDHC Class 10 Memory Card [Frustration-free Packaging]
Transcend 16GB Premium SDHC Class 10 Memory Card [Frustration-free Packaging]

1.0 out of 5 stars Just doesn't work, 9 Oct. 2011
Just can't get this to work with anything Did not know this could happen. As this is the only card I have ever had a problem with and I have used a lot, I feel I should warn others or at least mention it.

Dracula A.D. 1972 [DVD] [1972]
Dracula A.D. 1972 [DVD] [1972]
Dvd ~ Christopher Lee
Offered by czech.out

1.0 out of 5 stars A Constant Struggle, 7 Aug. 2011
This is one of those movies that is so bad that you will spend most of the film considering pressing the stop button on your remote control, if not all of the film.
After paying for this DVD there feels an obligation to carry on and watch it so you haven't wasted your money. But consider this instead that this is 92 minutes of your life that you will never get back !
It is slow paced, badly scripted, ridiculous, at times badly acted, with no tension at all. I am a fan of this genre and love Hammer films but this has to be a contender for their worst. If you haven't already got the message DON'T BUY THIS !!!

God is Not Great: The Case Against Religion
God is Not Great: The Case Against Religion
by Christopher Hitchens

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is not great., 31 Dec. 2010
In hindsight I look back on the purchase of this book as a bit of a waste of money. The title itself 'God Is Not Great: The Case Against Religion', I guess says it all, i.e. by linking these two statements the author has decided that he can prove religion is fundamently flawed and that thus God is not great.

Of course even if you believe religion in general is flawed you can still believe God is great, it is not God's fault that mistakes have been made in His name. The author should have considered Diest views for instance as you do not have to have an organised religion to have a belief in God or his greatness.

Lastly the book is a relentless attempt to say sensational things such as 'Religion Kills', no people kill, to the pathetic ' Is Religion Child Abuse?', er no !

It attempts to back these claims with some facts on historic wrong doings but it is neither original or very interesting. It is I guess a compendium of things you have already heard before and it proves absolutely nothing. I get the impression it was purely written to make money as it adds nothing to any theological debate.

Flaming Red
Flaming Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Patty Muses well, 18 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Flaming Red (Audio CD)
This album Patty strays from the accoustic sounds we would expect from her and we get what is really a Throwing Muses style album. Infact it would be a ringer for one around the 'The Real Ramona/Red Heaven/University' era of the Muses.

So if you brace yourself for alternative indie rock first you will enjoy the ride.This is a fantastic album that I would recommend for anyone into that genre.

It is hard to single tracks out of such a strong album but 'Blue Sky' is an absolute classic. 'Flaming Red', 'Tony' and 'Christina' would also be favourites of mine.

Complete
Complete
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Country pop, 18 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Complete (Audio CD)
Lila is a rising star within the country music scene . This is her 3rd album already at the age of just 20 years old.

It is a very accesable sugary instantly likable album filled with catchy songs. This is very radio friendly mainstrean stuff, the sort that is on most US country channels all the time.

However, I don't want you to think that I mean that in a bad way as this is an especially infectious album with great tracks like 'Where It Used To Break', 'Come A Little Closer', 'Mighty Mighty Love' and 'Like A Rocket'.

In short there is no harm in being pop and this album does it better than most. Lila herself has a great country voice and an even bigger future.

Page: 1 | 2