Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "lbp" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Large Stainless Steel Wok Shovel with Wooden Handle
Large Stainless Steel Wok Shovel with Wooden Handle
Offered by Tradewinds Oriental Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely transformed Wok cooking. The attachment of the wooden ..., 30 April 2016
Absolutely transformed Wok cooking. The attachment of the wooden handle to the shovel is the only downside - it's just not well seated.

***Organic Buckwheat Pillow Standard Size BRITISH MADE 69cm x 43cm TRIPLE CLEANED HULLS
Offered by Brow Farm Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd used buckwheat pillows years ago when I lived in ..., 15 Mar. 2016
I'd used buckwheat pillows years ago when I lived in NZ. They were always quite small. By contrast, this thing is huge and heavy. It comes stuffed with buckwheat, so be prepared to spend some time removing some to get the ultimate comfort. I got this to replace my significantly more expensive Tempur pillow that was never quite right for me.

FANCY-FIX Static Cling Vinyl Privacy Window Film(Non Adhesive) Frosted Glass Film 40cm(15.7") width by 150cm(59") length
Offered by fancy-fix uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Mar. 2016
Does exactly what it says it does. At a reasonable price.

Cooch (The Cooch series of national security thrillers Book 1)
Cooch (The Cooch series of national security thrillers Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars it's possibly one of the worst books I've ever tried to read, 9 Mar. 2016
Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, when this popped up free (or cheap) and had comparisons to Jack Reacher, I leapt at the chance. Sadly, it's possibly one of the worst books I've ever tried to read. The author suffers from a tell, rather than show approach to character development. When trying to flesh out the Cooch or the love interest we are simply told that they are both super-smart, and rich as a result. There's nothing in their conversation that actually demonstrates that.
Don't think I'm being intellectually hoity-toity for the sake of it, I LOVE the likes of Lee Child's Jack Reacher, but those are fast-paced thriller told well.
I gave up before page 50, I suggest you don't even bother.

Bentinck's Agent (Kindle Single)
Bentinck's Agent (Kindle Single)

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice short read, as long as you're expecting it, 13 Oct. 2013
It opens well, there's some lovely characterisation. And then? the story is over.
Be aware that it's a bit more than a short story, and a bit less than a novella, and I think you might enjoy it.
Yes, as others have said 'nothing happens' but I didn't think that matters.

Macks Pillow Soft Moldable Silicone Putty Earplugs 6 Pairs x 3 (18 Pairs)
Macks Pillow Soft Moldable Silicone Putty Earplugs 6 Pairs x 3 (18 Pairs)
Offered by Tiger Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars They're good, 21 Sept. 2013
Do a great job of blocking sound. When sleeping they stay in my ear better than the foam variety do, and they're more comfortable because they're not right in the canal.

Jasmine Silk Pure Silk Gloves Thermal Liner Glove Inner Ski Bike Cycle Gloves (Large) 100gsm
Offered by Jasmine Silk

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 17 Jun. 2013
the seam for the thumb is on the inside of the thumb. making them unecessarily uncomfortable and making them a little hard to use stuff with while wearing them. Defeating the point of such thin gloves.
Unfortunately mine were stolen (along with my bag) the night I got them. So that's just a first impression

Bikers' Britain: Great Motorbike Rides (AA)
Bikers' Britain: Great Motorbike Rides (AA)
by Simon Weir
Edition: Spiral-bound

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks like it has nice nice routes, 17 Jun. 2013
It's got a lovely conversational style in its writing, and the routes are well laid out. My two gripes (suggestions really) is that each route should have a tiny map of Britain and a red dot marking its location. I've lived here 8 years, and still am not that familiar with the locations of even some of the larger towns (part of the reason I got a bike, and this book is to visit them!) so I get a little lost when browsing.
The other hand feature would've been an overview of the routes on a large map of britain - linking to what page the route is on.
Essentially my complaint is about indexing, rather than content.

I've done a 1700 mile tour of Britain based largely off routes in this book, and when it says a road is lovely, it's right. It's worth it for their equivalent of the route 66.

VicTsing Active Mini DisplayPort Thunderbolt to HDMI Cable Adapter - AMD Eyefinity Compatible for Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, Microsoft Surface Pro & Pro 2 3 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it claims to, 17 Jun. 2013
Nice affirmative action when plugging in and being plugged into. It's larger than I expected. Works for sound too. Great.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little set, 13 Jun. 2013
I've never had picks before to compare them to. But this combined with "Practical Lock Picking: A Physical Penetration Tester's Training Guide " have horrifed me and my friends with how easy to pick so many Padlocks are. It seems that a majority of people have an underlying fascination with lockpicks, and love to have a go.

Page: 1 | 2