Profile for Span Fan > Reviews

Content by Span Fan

Span Fan (Surrey, United Kingdom)

These Wounds
These Wounds
Offered by woodgreenman

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, funky uplifting stuff, 16 July 2012
This review is from: These Wounds (Audio CD)
This is a record that is full of energy and enthusiasm, underlined by a full-on funk vibe that is married to a rock sound. The musicianship is spot-on; I particularly appreciate the drummer's introduction of double-kick into some songs (a metalhead perhaps?).
And although from London, they pepper some of their lyrics with some Tagalog, which I feel gives a nice twist and some uniqueness.
Favourite songs include 'These Wounds', 'I am the Way' and 'Stand Tall', but to be honest a full run-through of the album is a good way of spending the better part of an hour.

Found
Found
Offered by 5records

5.0 out of 5 stars Span are WICKED!!, 14 Aug. 2003
This review is from: Found (Audio CD)
I first heard of Span in October last year, their single "In the End". This song had me instantly hooked with its catchiness and its riffery. Then I could find nothing until "Found" came out, and this has confirmed what I knez all along. I love Span. Their grounded old-school style has real substance behind it, unlike other bands like Busted (argh), a unique catchiness and a throwback to when rock was really rocking. Don,t just get this single, get the album "Mass Distractio" when it gets out later this month.