Profile for Rumpty > Reviews

Rumpty "Rumpty"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow, but very effective, 20 Nov. 2014
I developed jowls when I was quite young due to illness and thought that I was stuck with them.
After using this device continuously for 6 months, I would estimate that my jowls have reduced by about a half. It's slow going but effective.
I had developed a slight turkey neck but not too bad. However, even this has improved.
Surprisingly, my gum health has improved. A few years ago, I improved my diet for general health and oral hygiene purposes, although there was still always a slight build up of plaque between dental checks. However, during my last dental check there was no plaque. I have not changed my diet since the last check and can only assume that this device is responsible for the improvement.

Boarding Party
Boarding Party
by James Leasor

5.0 out of 5 stars What a story!, 25 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Boarding Party (Paperback)
I saw the movie based on this event some years ago and I thought it was a run of the mill war film. This book is far better and I can't understand why they changed so much in the movie.

The Command of the Ocean: A Naval History of Britain 1649-1815
The Command of the Ocean: A Naval History of Britain 1649-1815
by N. A. M. Rodger

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Researched, 25 Dec. 2013
It is a very detailed and informative book. The author has obviously done a lot of primary research and it has made me question the impression I have had on some historical characters and events.
If you are unfamiliar with the period covered and are looking for a quick overview, this is not the book for you. However, if you have already read other books on events in this period, then this is a must read because it will give a different perspective to many other sources.

Fighting Captain (Pen & Sword Military Classics)
Fighting Captain (Pen & Sword Military Classics)
by Alan Burn

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be better known, 19 Jan. 2013
We see many documentaries on TV about the battle of the Atlantic, but non describe the tactics which he developed, and which were so successful. He should be better known.

Cunningham: The Greatest Admiral Since Nelson
Cunningham: The Greatest Admiral Since Nelson
by John Winton

5.0 out of 5 stars Warts and All, 19 Jan. 2013
A very good, detailed biography. I've always admired him and still do, but I was not aware of his weaknesses, such as his lack of full understanding on how to use air power. The Taranto raid was instigated by others.

Avery PG360 A4 Precision Guillotine
Avery PG360 A4 Precision Guillotine
Offered by The WarehouseCom

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Unit, 19 Jan. 2013
Although I haven't used it much yet, I've found that it's very stable when cutting, and accurate. Before purchasing it, I read reviews of cheaper guillotines in which they were described as being prone to deflect when cutting, so I'm pleased that it doesn't apply to this.

A Thirst for Glory: Life of Admiral Sir Sidney Smith
A Thirst for Glory: Life of Admiral Sir Sidney Smith
by Tom Pocock

5.0 out of 5 stars What an amazing person, 17 Aug. 2012
I have read a few biographies of other leading Royal Navy seamen from the Napoleonic Wars and realise that Nelson was one of many incredible people in the navy. His exploits were as amazing as any fictional hero.
It's a great pity that Sir Sidney Smith is not better known, but his temperament did not suit the age. He would have been a well know national hero had he lived in the 20th century.

The New Commodity Trading Guide: Breakthrough Strategies for Capturing Market Profits
by George Kleinman

4.0 out of 5 stars More than meets the eye, 17 Aug. 2012
Very interesting methods for frequent traders. However, one thing which was obvious from the author's many examples was his deep knowledge of the sectors which he was trading and his reliance on that knowledge.

The Little Book of Commodity Investing (Little Book, Big Profits)
The Little Book of Commodity Investing (Little Book, Big Profits)
by John R. Stephenson

5.0 out of 5 stars To Include With Others, 17 Nov. 2011
A very useful book. I am not a trader and therefore am only interested in actual commodities rather than methods of investing.
I don't think it's wise to buy only one book on this subject. With that in mind, this is a very useful addition, covering details which are not always covered in other books.

Jockey- Pack of three white classic jockey briefs - 32
Jockey- Pack of three white classic jockey briefs - 32
Offered by Spences Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars As Expected, 17 Nov. 2011
I have bought Jockeys for many years and I am happy with the product. These latest ones do not disappoint.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3