Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Knightsbridge SF8350BC 1-Gang Screwless Blanking Plate - Brushed Chrome
Knightsbridge SF8350BC 1-Gang Screwless Blanking Plate - Brushed Chrome

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmm ..., 1 May 2016
"Screwless" on the outside only. Requires screws inside.

Ivation 10X Optical glass LED Lighted Magnifier Glass with Measure Scale - High Quality Illuminated Jeweler Loupe with a Useful Dual-Unit Scale Measure & Freestanding Support Post - Includes a Sturdy Storage case
Offered by Smart Shop UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 1 May 2016
Useful illuminated magnifier. The hood makes it a little cumbersome to use for larger items but otherwise very good.

Goblinopolis, the Tol Chronicles, Book 1
Goblinopolis, the Tol Chronicles, Book 1
by Robert G. Ferrell

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately, he's not the new Terry Pratchett, 14 Oct. 2015
I found it very difficult to develop any sympathy for the characters and the chopping around between the plot arcs was very distracting.

GROHE 31360000 Minta Touch Kitchen Tap with Pull-Down Spray Head
GROHE 31360000 Minta Touch Kitchen Tap with Pull-Down Spray Head

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, looks nice but ..., 14 Oct. 2015
3.5, really.

Somewhat disappointed that the pull out section is quite so plastic but that's where some of the saving comes over the silksteel version comes, I suspect.

Also you (or your plumber) need to know that it has euro sized rather than UK fittings, therefore adaptors will be required.

The thermostat add-on for the Touch system is strongly recommended.

Philosophy for Everyone
Philosophy for Everyone

3.0 out of 5 stars there must be better flowing (and better written) starter books, 14 May 2015
If you are undertaking the Edinburgh University Cousera course, this is a reasonable additional reading - although it is largely based on the course notes. However, if you are looking for a general introduction to philosophy, there must be better flowing (and better written) starter books.

There is also a degree of assumption of the understanding of terms with obscure technical meanings within the subject area.

Proporta Headphones Wrap - Cable Tidy for Earphones, Earbud, Earpod - Suitable for iPhone 5S 6 6S 6 Plus 6S plus iPad 2 3 4 mini Air HTC Samsung Galaxy Wire Organiser Cable Cord - Pack of 3 - Black
Offered by Proporta

4.0 out of 5 stars These are reasonably strong magnets paired in a rubber sheath ..., 21 Nov. 2014
These are reasonably strong magnets paired in a rubber sheath. Perfectly adequate for the job. However, if you are using high-end headphones, I'd just be a little careful how close the magnets get to the earpieces - as said, they are quite strong and I'm not certain whether there is potential for damaging more sensitive transducers. I certainly would be careful not to run the headphones with these close.

Blundstone 062 dress/boot/stoutbrown, Größen:40
Blundstone 062 dress/boot/stoutbrown, Größen:40
Offered by Aramac

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the sizes., 13 July 2014
I'm not sure if Blundstone manufacture half sizes but, even if they do, they are not imported in to the UK. So a size 7 arrived and was, unsurprisingly, too big. However, the seller was extremely co-operative and, despite being out of stock of the size 6 variant, I had it with me within a week.

As for the size 6 - I've been wearing them for a couple of days now and they are quite impressive (if easing a little from being slightly tight). More sturdily built than the couple of pairs of (significantly more expensive) RM Williams dress boots I've had for a while now and with a more robust sole type - but don't expect Vibram equivalence. With the non-polish finish, significantly less dressy. A good day-to-day wearing Chelsea boot, if your days aren't spent in suit and tie.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wear sunglasses!, 26 Nov. 2013
Okay,

Ordered the black and the florescent green pair.

Firstly - these are significantly longer than most key-rings. As such, they are either going to be really useful or they are going to suck. I use them in Tom Bihr luggage (because I'm too tight to pay the postage to the get the genuine Tom Bihr key straps sent across the Atlantic.) I can also imagine that if your jeans have low cut pockets, then this would also be really quite useful.

Secondly. The black one is really quite sensible. The florescent green one is the Ibiza nightclub version. NSFW (unless you work in an Ibiza nightclub, of course!)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2013 11:07 PM GMT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Well, obviously, I haven't used it yet!, 26 Nov. 2013
So, I bought it. It arrived. And I haven't, thankfully, needed to use any survival kit items yet, Although I have carried it around a bit.

But then I get these nagging emails saying "My hope is that you LOVE it, and would be willing to give us a product review on our listing page." So, okay, here we go.

"- How is the paracord? (share your own stories on how you use it)". Well, I use paracord for a lot of things. But as this particular paracord is acting as the container for a survival kit that I haven't needed to open yet, I'm using it as the container for a survival kit. As that, it is a little bulkier than you'd get if you just wrapped the kit in plastic or put it in a ziplock but, hopefully, more useful. If I need the survival kit (which I haven't yet), I'll use the paracord for, well, whatever is needed.

"- The quality of the Tin Foil, Tinder, Fire Starter, Fishing Lines, Fishing Hooks, Weights, Swivels". You know what? I haven't needed to use the survival kit yet and, because it is cleverly wrapped in paracord (and I bought this off you because it was a good idea and I'm fairly sure it's beyond my paracord plaiting ability to put it back together) I haven't opened it. I can catch a glimpse of the tin foil if I look hard enough but all I can really say is that it looks silver and shiny. Which isn't the most thorough or helpful quality assessment, I know.

So, I can't really say that I love it. But, I promise, if I ever need to use any of the items inside or, say, the cat gets at it and unravels it, then I'll add a more detailed review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2013 3:12 PM GMT

War Maid's Choice (War God Book 4)
War Maid's Choice (War God Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Series is beginning to slow down., 27 Aug. 2013
Although the development of the main characters is fine, the opponents are getting a bit trivial. I suspect (and hope) it will pick up next book.

Page: 1 | 2