Profile for Sarah > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
by Ray Castlehow
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Well written and a great read, 26 Sep 2012
This book is awesome and a must have on everyones book shelf. Not just for people wanting to be private investigators but also anyone in any form of business will find this handy book packed full of useful information and helpful tips that I shall defiantly be adopting in my own business.

I'm going to order copies to give out to all my business contacts for Christmas as I'm sure they will all agree that every business owner needs to read and adopt all the points within this book.

I shall eagerly await more books from the author - Sarah

So you want to be a Private Investigator

Breaking Dawn Special Edition (Twilight Saga) (The Twilight Saga)
Breaking Dawn Special Edition (Twilight Saga) (The Twilight Saga)
Price: 15.73

4.0 out of 5 stars The best of a bad bunch, 6 Jan 2010
At last the author has got it right in the last book. I have enjoyed all the stories but thought she lacked talent in her telling of them, this book was much better although I did feel that it was dragged out (probably so that it can be split into 2 films to make her some money - sell out) Bella finally becomes less irratating and even to some degree so does Jacob. I think the book should have ended with Edward being given a knighthood or declared a saint for putting up with the pair of them through all the stories so far. Although I enjoyed this book I will not be reading anymore of hers though. Lets hope the films are better than the way the books are written.

Eclipse: 3 (Twilight Saga)
Eclipse: 3 (Twilight Saga)
Price: 7.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Annoying but good, 6 Jan 2010
Annoying fro the point of view that I wanted to slap Bella several times whilst reading this book, good however as the authors writing skills must have improved slightly to get that kind of reaction from me. I still find her skills lacking though she strggles to get her ideas across without reverting to repeating lines of dialogue over and over again. Another film that will no doubt be better than her book ( wierd never thought that was possible) Don't get me wrong of course I will read the last one to see how it all works out but I won't be bothering with buying the host.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2010 4:00 PM GMT

New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga)
New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga)
Price: 6.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Even more repetitive than Twilight, 6 Jan 2010
Didn't think this was possible but there it was anyway. Again the idea of the story is a good one it just wasn't well writen hopefully this author improves or tells a ghost writer her ideas and they transfer this to the written page for her. It's probably a good thing that the books have been turned into movies as otherwise I doubt they would be as popular. This may be one of those rare occasions where a movie is better than the book. Fingers crossed.

Twilight (Twilight Saga)
Twilight (Twilight Saga)
Price: 6.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 6 Jan 2010
The idea of the story is a great one but I think the author could have tried to stear away from being so repetitive at times. I thoroughly enjoyed the book don't get me wrong and wold recommend you give it a go but don't expect it to be a classic the dialogues are sadly lacking and there is so much more scope if there had been a little more imagination. Looking forward to reading the next one to see if it improves.

Portent
Portent
by James Herbert

4.0 out of 5 stars You won't watch the weather in the same way again, 6 Jun 2007
This review is from: Portent (Paperback)
This book is bound to be good, it is James Herbert. A very enjoyable read with a good story line and great characters. When you see the news reports of fluke weather you get very freaked out. You have been warned.

I read this book many years ago and I know it made an impression as I always think back to it when I see anything weather related on the news. It's a great book ignore the middle of the road reviews adnd enjoy it yourself.

The Magic Cottage
The Magic Cottage
by James Herbert

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite books of all time, 6 Jun 2007
This review is from: The Magic Cottage (Paperback)
I read a lot and as most people do I go through phases of what type of books I read, however I have some books that I can read again and again and this is one of those. I love James Herbert and have read all of his books, some a few times. Magic Cottage is one of those special books the images are amazing the story although a horror has a lovely quality to it and it's an odd thing to say but it's a book that makes me happy which is probably why I return to it again and again. It's not a typical James Herbert book maybe that's what makes it so special. A must read that I recommend to anyone and everyone.

Excavation
Excavation
by James Rollins
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars good start but predictable, 6 Jun 2007
This review is from: Excavation (Mass Market Paperback)
I had such high hopes for this book yet found myself feeling deflated and mildly disappointed at the end due to me seeing it coming a mile off. I was unsure whether or not to go for it due to there being such a variation in the reviews it recieved. Give it a go and make your own mind up it's not a book to expect too much from maybe just a light read that doesn't take too much concentration.

Zodiac: The Shocking True Story of America's Most Elusive Serial Killer: The Shocking True Story of America's Most Bizarre Mass Murderer
by Robert Graysmith
Price: 5.03

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting if hard to get into., 6 Jun 2007
I hate myself for being a person who can't stop reading a book once I've started no matter how bad it may be. I have had this curse all my life, however, on this occasion I'm glad of it. This book is hard to get into and not the best written book in the world as is sometimes hard to follow due to the amount of victims / suspects / different police etc. With it being based on true events I finished it with my own theories and lots of questions mainly why in the world the police agencies failed to talk to each other! A mystery in itself. I wonder if we will ever find out who he was and if I'm right. Give it a go but please don't be one of those annoying people saying I only got to page 20. It drives me mad! I've forced my boyfriend to pick it up and carry on after he's tried to put it away once already but is now hooked. (I told you so springs to mind).

Seven Deadly Wonders
Seven Deadly Wonders
by Matthew Reilly
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Same book as Seven Ancient Wonders, 21 Mar 2007
Got a bit over excited when I first spotted this thinking it was a sequel. Don't be disappointed and get the same book twice. Although saying that Seven Ancient or Seven Deadly is a must read, highly over the top action is a work of fiction and I can imagine some pompous people who think they know everything not enjoying it as they are too busy trying to prove the author wrong throughout the whole book. My advice to them is leave the fiction section alone and stick to reading your text books. This is a book that is pure escapism and a real page turner which I found impossible to put down and read from cover to cover in a day. I then did something I haven;t done in a while which was jump on the internet to email the author with my thanks for such a great read and to beg for a sequel. Loved the characters,loved the story and loved the ideas. My poor boyfriend is unable to read this though because every couple of chapters I couldn't help filling him in on what was happening in my book. Enjoy a good read then get it, if you want factual stay away. I loved it.

Page: 1 | 2