Profile for David Houghton > Reviews

Content by David Houghton

David Houghton

BDBikesTM Bicycle, Bike Magnetic Turbo Trainer - Single Speed Variable Resistance Exercise Bike
Offered by Black Dog Bikes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Nov 2014
Great delivery and a great product (even for a porker like me). I did intend to use it on my old bike only to realise I cant because it does not have a quick release bayonet on the rear wheel. The product comes with a bayonet made to the correct angle to fit in the machine and can of course be used on the road as normal, so I am having to use my new bike for now but have the ability to make myself some tapered nuts at work to let me use my old bike.

Can not fault the machine for that so it is a 5 star product

100 cleaning tissues dispenser - (B100) 1 Units
100 cleaning tissues dispenser - (B100) 1 Units
Offered by PVR Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Nov 2014
Used before and always works fine.

Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 2-Port PCI Express Card and 15-Pin Power Connector, Mini PCI-E USB 3.0 Hub Controller Adapter, with Internal USB 3.0 20-PIN Connector - Expand Another Two USB 3.0 Ports - [ Include with A 4pin to 2x15pin Cable + A 15pin to 2x 15pin SATA Y-Cable ]
Offered by Inateck

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the answer for me, 2 Nov 2014
My new case has USB 3 connectors at the front but my motherboard only has USB 2 headers.
Did not seem to fit very well the back plate does not line up with screws but still it went in. Worse than this though was that my creative USB headset sounds terrible through it, I have to use the USB 2 instead round the back of the case and this works fine. It seems to work ok for data, I have not tried any speed tests but my reason for getting it failed.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2014 2:15 AM GMT

WD Caviar 3TB SATA 6 GB/s 64MB Cache 3.5 inch OEM Internal Hard Drive Green
WD Caviar 3TB SATA 6 GB/s 64MB Cache 3.5 inch OEM Internal Hard Drive Green
Offered by M.T.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, Quiet and reliable, 23 Aug 2014
Fast and so far reliable, had a few issues first but not because of the drive my intel RST was out of date and wouldn't recognise 3TB

Contour Bar Mount
Contour Bar Mount

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job but obviously only for contour, 23 Aug 2014
This review is from: Contour Bar Mount (Sports)
It did the job well enough, unfortunately the camera is rubbish and I returned it meaning this being specific for the contour range is useless. So for the product holding the camera I gave it 4 stars, but my advice is get a generic one with a screw mount that will fit the contour range anyway but also fit any standard camera.

Contour +2 HD Handsfree Action Camera
Contour +2 HD Handsfree Action Camera
Offered by Planet Gizmo

4.0 out of 5 stars If it is from Planet Gizmo - go for it!, 23 Aug 2014
Awful, instructions are dire, but then again its supposed to be simple.
Will record for short periods but anything longer and the whole unit locks up when it is turned off. The only way to use it again is to remove the battery and push it back in. I am pretty sure it is a fault with the 3+gb limit on the SD card instead of starting a new file it just locks up. The worst thing is AFTER I got it I read about it on the internet and not before.
Return request sent, for the price it should have been at least useable.

Ok I am going to edit the review and add 3 stars at least partly on faith. I had tried the firmware update and it did not change, however the instructions are at least a little wrong. I tried it again and again the third time I think it is fixed. I say think because in reality I do not often go over the 3.8GB file size it locked up on.
Other than this "fault" it was always a fine product and the response privately from Planet Gizmo gains it four stars. If they make a way of updating a little less like the 1980`s CD writers it would have got the whole five.

Redeemer of Souls
Redeemer of Souls
Offered by Amore DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars judas maiden, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Redeemer of Souls (Audio CD)
Much better than Nostradamus if anything it reminds me almost of Iron Maiden and I still haven't worked out if that is a good thing or not. Since I am enjoying it I can only say it is.
If there is a negative it is the awful packaging, it comes in a book not a case - the CDs are pretty hard to extract and most of the writing is damn hard to read with my old eyes although the lyrics are in normal typeface I would rather the normal case and inlay booklet.
Minor point indeed so 5 stars - buy it.