Profile for Caroline > Reviews

Northumberland County Flag 5ft x 3ft
Northumberland County Flag 5ft x 3ft
Offered by Top Brand Cosmetics UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars flying over the Cheviots as I write!, 20 Aug 2014
Lovely big bright flag, arrived by return of post at a very good price. I have used this firm several times and they have never let me down so far!

Ghost Girl (The Detective's Daughter 2)
Ghost Girl (The Detective's Daughter 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating plot., 20 Aug 2014
I pounced on this as soon as I saw it because I had enjoyed the previous one so much. Once again I was really engrossed in it and it kept me guessing. I feel the characters were developed from the first in the series and now I am hoping for the next one before too long. A minor niggle was the jumping forward and backwards in time. I can see why this device was necessary but at first I kept having to dot backwards and forwards to check things. But I got used to this after a while. The attention to detail was intricate and meticulous, and served to keep me wondering as to what would be important - or just a red herring.

Justin's Funny Faces Sticker Activity Book
Justin's Funny Faces Sticker Activity Book
by Justin Fletcher

5.0 out of 5 stars A good fun book for children between 2 and 5 years ..., 6 July 2014
Justin Fletcher has the Midas touch when it comes to small children.
His picture on the front raised an immediate smile.
A good fun book for children between 2 and 5 years old, which they can enjoy at their own level as the activities are simple and fun. Bright and colourful so always pleasing.
Ideal to take on holiday, as the stickers are re-usable and no scissors and glue required, so can be used to keep them quiet and occupied on a train or in a restaurant.

LEGO Bricks & More 626: Large Green Baseplate
LEGO Bricks & More 626: Large Green Baseplate
Offered by Toybroker-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars These are so useful and really add scope to the Lego bricks sets, 6 July 2014
These are so useful and really add scope to the Lego bricks sets. My grandchildren were delighted and use them a lot.

Swordfish 'Edge 320' A4 10 Sheet Rotary Paper Trimmer Home/Office Ref: 42013x
Swordfish 'Edge 320' A4 10 Sheet Rotary Paper Trimmer Home/Office Ref: 42013x

5.0 out of 5 stars This is so much better than the cheap one from a budget stationers which ..., 6 July 2014
This is so much better than the cheap one from a budget stationers which I am replacing. A lovely clean cut, so much so that I cut my finger on the paper the first time I used it. And thank goodness, it doesn't squeak either. A good price, delivered quickly, I am delighted with it

Regatta Mens Work Walking Water Repellent Cargo J170 Action Trousers II, Green
Regatta Mens Work Walking Water Repellent Cargo J170 Action Trousers II, Green
Offered by Outdoor Look

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 13 Jun 2014
These trousers are exactly as described, fit well and sold at an excellent price. If there were other colours available, I'd buy more.

12 Frozen Butterfly Edible Wafer Paper Cake Toppers featuring Elsa and Anna
12 Frozen Butterfly Edible Wafer Paper Cake Toppers featuring Elsa and Anna

4.0 out of 5 stars Time consuming but pretty, 6 Jun 2014
Very pretty, looked lovely on top of fairy cakes but took much longer than I expected to carefully cut out. But I suppose I would buy them again if required. Came very quickly, inexpensive.

Frozen Edible Wafer Rice Paper 24 x 4.5cm Cupcake Toppers/Decorations
Frozen Edible Wafer Rice Paper 24 x 4.5cm Cupcake Toppers/Decorations
Offered by Cian's Cupcake Toppers Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket., 6 Jun 2014
Pretty, inexpensive and arrived by return of post. Just the thing to delight small girls at a party, and to make a plain bun more interesting.

Barbie in the Pink Shoes [DVD] [2013]
Barbie in the Pink Shoes [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Owen Hurley

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks the boxes, 6 Jun 2014
Bought for my grand-daughters, who love ballet, Barbies and tutus. It Is exactly what one would expect and has given pleasure to small girls, and will no doubt be watched many times.
It is exactly what the pink box and pretty picture promises!

Cowgirl
Cowgirl

5.0 out of 5 stars A Welsh Gem, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Cowgirl (Kindle Edition)
I picked this up, and started reading what I thought was going to be another book about girls and relationships between friends etc. but how wrong I was!
It is so very much more.
A story set in a run-down welsh community which has lost its hope and its heart, and where people have forgotten how to relate to each other and care - but this is changed by .....cows. The cast of characters come from every layer of society: girls, boys, old folk, farm and factory workers. How they relate to each other and how the events affect their lives is somehow totally believable. The author paints the scenes with such skill that I could picture every scene so clearly that I felt I had been to Bryn Mawr. I even started reading it in my head with a welsh accent.....
But it is not just about Wales. It could be any small rundown town in the present economic climate, and any young person will recognise and relate to a lot of it. Reading it as an adult and a teacher, I can see this being a focus for a lot of discussion, so much of it is thought provoking. But above all, anyone reading it will be pulled on through, keen to know what will happen next. I loved it. It would make a great film, or TV series, too

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13