ARRAY(0xb59c20c0)

Profile for Caroline > Reviews

Content by Caroline

Caroline (Roxburghshire, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
10 Pairs Of Mixed Fashion Shoes High Heels Sandals For Barbie Sindy Doll Outfit Dress Toy
Offered by FamilyMall (8-23 shipping days)
Price: 1.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Gaudy, plastic!, 9 April 2014
When you get ten pairs of plastic shoes for 1.65 including postage, you know they won't be high quality leather.
These are incredibly bright, plastic tat! Strappy high heels, ideal for Barbie's annual visit to Club Med.
Barbie and my five year old grand-daughter are delighted. Ideal for purpose.

Osco Mesh Waste Bin Lightweight Sturdy Scratch-resistant W275xH350mm Silver Ref WB35 S
Offered by Oliver Jacobs Stationery
Price: 5.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fine!, 21 Feb 2014
Arrived quickly, looks good for the money, not much you can say about a basic mesh bin but it is exactly what I wanted!

Chickens Can't See in the Dark
Chickens Can't See in the Dark
by Kristyna Litten
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 3 Feb 2014
This lovely debut picture book was short listed for the'Heart of Hawick' Children's Picture Book Awards 2013.
It was read in classes all over the town and much enjoyed by children and teachers alike. The librarians enjoyed the way it encouraged research in the library too. Text and illustration are beautifully melded together by the author/illustrator, who delighted the children when she came to talk about her book. I'm sure we'll hear more of her in years to come.

The Parisian Christmas Bake Off
The Parisian Christmas Bake Off
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit of fun, 12 Jan 2014
I one-clicked this, just before Christmas, because I thought it looked like a light read with a guaranteed happy ending. Also, I like Paris and had a nostalgic desire to 'revisit' it.
Well, I was not disappointed. A likeable main character, some interesting extras, believable setting, some credible baking, and a few twists before a satisfying ending. A great little piece of confectionery.

Melissa & Doug Flip to Win Hangman
Melissa & Doug Flip to Win Hangman
Price: 9.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for all ages, 5 Jan 2014
My grand-daughter (aged 5) got this for Christmas and we have all enjoyed playing it with her. Her little fingers turn over the tiles more easily than my old ones. We had to get a simple dictionary to give her access to a wider range of vocabulary than she could spell from memory but that worked well. Good for visiting, restaurant visits, train or plane journeys. Fits in a decent-sized handbag. In fact, I'd rather like one of my own!

A Charlie Brown Christmas
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Price: 4.27

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work properly on the kindle app., 5 Jan 2014
The pictures are nice enough but the print is much too small and won't enlarge. Also, what works in a strip cartoon doesn't engage me in this book. A big disappointment.

Jolly Dictionary (Jolly Grammar)
Jolly Dictionary (Jolly Grammar)
by Sara Wernham
Price: 5.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right for an early reader, 5 Jan 2014
As a teacher, this was my dictionary of choice for P2s. I have just bought it for my grand-daughter so she can spell words to play 'hangman', a game she got for Christmas , which she loves (from the Melissa & Doug range) and it fits the bill nicely, and she learns to use a dictionary at the same time without noticing. It is colour-coded, has the alphabet clearly shown, and has just the right number of pictures to break up the text and make it interesting to a small child. A good price too - every home with an early reader should have one!

Baratec Yellow Hi Viz High Visibility Vest Waistcoat - Class 2 EN471 (XX-Large)
Baratec Yellow Hi Viz High Visibility Vest Waistcoat - Class 2 EN471 (XX-Large)
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.
Price: 2.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 5 Jan 2014
This was inexpensive, glows in the dark, does the job! Came by return of post and hopefully will enable my son to be easily seen on his journeys to and from work on his bike in Edinburgh traffic. Of course I'd still prefer him to get the bus, but what mother wouldn't......

Veho  Pebble Smartstick Emergency 2200mAh Portable Battery Pink Breast Cancer Campaign Charity Contribution Edition
Veho Pebble Smartstick Emergency 2200mAh Portable Battery Pink Breast Cancer Campaign Charity Contribution Edition
Price: 11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful indeed., 5 Jan 2014
I bought three of these as Christmas presents and the recipients seem very pleased with them, have had no adverse reports. Arrived very quickly, beautifully packed.

Take Me Home
Take Me Home
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars I got lost, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
...in this lovely book.
I had read'Watch over me' last year, not expecting much - but I loved it. So I did not hesitate to download this first thing this morning.
I did not mean to read it all day, avoiding the household tasks and ignoring my thank you letters, but here we are, late at night, jobs undone because I could not put it down.
I loved being back in Glen Avich again, I cared about the characters and believed in them, and I really wanted everything to work out. The whole thing is beautifully written, I like the way she presents it from different points of view, and I find the depiction of second sight credible even though to a logical person it shouldn't be.
I can't wait for the next one. Well done again Daniella!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10