Profile for The Falconers > Reviews

Content by The Falconers

The Falconers "little imp"

The Quilter's Stitch Bible: The Essential Illustrated Reference to Over 200 Stitches with Easy-To-Follow Diagrams
by Nikki Tinkler
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 8.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition for your stitch library., 25 July 2014
Excellent guide with clear diagrams, as I expected having bought other 'bibles' of this range Invaluable if you are a beginner and very useful reference book if you are more experienced.

Quilt Me!: Using inspirational fabrics to create over 20 beautiful quilts
Quilt Me!: Using inspirational fabrics to create over 20 beautiful quilts
by Jane Brocket
Price: 13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational fabrics, 7 April 2014
In line with other Jane Brocket books, the photography is excellent, the projects inspirational and the instructions are very easy to follow. If you love quilting and fabrics this book will give you other ideas and themes to follow.

HDMI 1.4 High Speed Cable for 3D TV with Ethernet & ARC 1m
HDMI 1.4 High Speed Cable for 3D TV with Ethernet & ARC 1m
Offered by kenable_ltd
Price: 1.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Yourself Connected - No Need To Pay More, 27 Mar 2013
I ordered these leads on Sunday and they came Wednesday - I plugged them in and my Panasonic Viera problems just disapperared. I now have full connectivity between my three bits of kit for the princely sum of 4.60 including P&P! No need for more expensive leads which are a rip off. Just watch the length though, 1 metre was OK for me but 1.5 would give more room for manouvre. Great stuff!

Beethoven: Piano Sonatas 8,14,23
Beethoven: Piano Sonatas 8,14,23
Offered by MUSIC DIRECT
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Barenboim - Brilliant Beethoven, 11 Feb 2013
Super playing by Daniel Barenboim and though this is a recording from some years ago the quality is superb. Nothing more to say other than, if you want these 3 sonatas, then this disc will give you great pleasure.

Solid Air: Classics Revisited
Solid Air: Classics Revisited
Price: 7.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Johnny Too Good, 6 Dec 2012
Having read the other reviews, here is my perspective. Those who have been to any of JM's gigs will know that you were never sure what you were going to get depending on how much Bevvy had been consumed. This album is like that - we know all these songs and tunes - but not necessarily as they are played here. For me John is obviously having a lot of fun on these tracks (May you Never for example) and that's all he ever wanted. OK you can be Po faced about record company bahaviour and lack of liner notes but just "get over it". More fun to listen to the tracks and pick out the sounds of Aran Ahmun, Andy Shephard Alan Thompson et al. John "went with the flow" all his life I suggest you do the same and buy the album.

Belkin Headphone Adaptor and Remote Control for iPod Shuffle
Belkin Headphone Adaptor and Remote Control for iPod Shuffle
Offered by Branded and New
Price: 7.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Improve your I Pod, 17 Aug 2012
Beat the faffing around with an I Pod shuffle with this little gizmo. Use any headphones you want and achieve a much greater measure of control with a properly sized switch for changing tracks etc. My I Pod (a gift) lay in a drawer for two years because I could not stand the headphones or the controls - now with the Belkin, its in use all of the time. A great little product!

Some British Moths [King Penguin]
Some British Moths [King Penguin]
by Norman Denbigh Riley

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting vintage book for my moth crazy son., 3 Dec 2011
Having read an article about king penguins illustrated with the book about moths I wanted to track one down for my son. The text is quite dense but the illustrations, which were what caught my eye, are very good. I HOPE THE VALUE OF THE BOOK WILL ALSO INCREASE AS THEY ARE QUITE DIFFICULT TO FIND. This was also a very good copy for a book over 50 years old.

Stitch with Love: 11 Simple Stitches and Over 20 Easy-to-Sew Projects
Stitch with Love: 11 Simple Stitches and Over 20 Easy-to-Sew Projects
by Mandy Shaw
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars for beginners and experienced stitchers, 20 July 2011
A beautifully produced book full of instruction and ideas. The detailed diagrams are foolproof and as a lover of red and white it is perfect. The patterns are full size and that is so useful.
I have already made the little sewing bag and I think this is a useful addition to my sewing library.

The Knitter's Year
The Knitter's Year
by Debbie Bliss
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 11 April 2011
This review is from: The Knitter's Year (Hardcover)
A beautiful book to look at, instructions that are easy to follow and items for every part of the year. For gifts or for yourself as quickly knitted items for fun. I love this book.

Remembering Adelia: Quilts Inspired by Her Diary (That Patchwork Place)
Remembering Adelia: Quilts Inspired by Her Diary (That Patchwork Place)
by Kathleen Tracy
Price: 19.70

4.0 out of 5 stars History through quilts, 5 July 2009
I love the history of the quilt especially the Civil War era and this little book covers that time. I wanted to make all the little quilts to provide a kind of revue of the era and found the instructions and pictures extremely helpful. Good for beginners and more experienced quilters this book is well worth buying.