Profile for G B Othen > Reviews

Content by G B Othen

G B Othen (Lechlade, Glos United Kingdom)

My Name Is Resolute
My Name Is Resolute
by E., Nancy Turner
Price: 15.16

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 6 May 2014
This review is from: My Name Is Resolute (Hardcover)
I very much enjoyed her previous work (These Is My Words) but not this one . The main character didn't capture my interest, the story line was very choppy, and I just didn't believe it. It rather seemed that every detail of the extensive research done by the author had to be fitted in and therefore it became tedious. I quit after only a few chapters.

Letters from Skye
Letters from Skye
by Jessica Brockmole
Price: 8.96

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Letters from Skye (Hardcover)
I could hardly put it down. Very cleverly written. You really believe in the characters. It may well become one of those books you reread every so often.

Canon black ink tank cartridge BCI 15 BCI15 for the Portable Colour Bubble Jet Printer i70 i80 i90 (Twin Pack) BCI15BK BCI 15BK
Price: 15.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank You, 4 April 2014
It is just what I ordered. It isn't available in retail outlets so I am pleased to be able to get it through Amazon.

Sideways [DVD]
Sideways [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paul Giamatti
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 2.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 7 Aug 2013
This review is from: Sideways [DVD] (DVD)
I found the male characters immature and tedious. Their acting was spot on. It was more like a teenage silliness than an adult, supposedly professional, storyline. The female characters and actresses were very good, so why would they be attracted to such superficial and whining men. I must be missing something because I ordered it on the basis of the reviews and awards. It goes straight to the charity shop.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2013 3:59 PM GMT

Death Comes to Pemberley
Death Comes to Pemberley
by P. D. James
Price: 5.32

2.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Disappointing, 14 Sep 2012
While faithful to the content and style of Jane Austen, I was disappointed. There was so much repetition it was like it was written for someone who had never read Pride and Prejudice in the first place. It was good, but not one I would keep for rereading.

The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious--And Perplexing--City
by David Lebovitz
Price: 8.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat Book, 14 Sep 2012
This is a fun, funny book. It is great at bedtime when you just need a little delicious relaxing reading. The recipes are enticing too.