Profile for Ian Grace > Reviews

Apocalypse Now
Apocalypse Now
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Captures the Craziness of War and Conflict - just superb, don't miss it!, 30 Jan. 2015
Stunning Cinematography, brilliant sound, lighting and portrayal, enjoyed this film immensely and it catches the craziness, the dark comedy and sheer horrors of conflict. Highly recommended.

Tunturi Classic Row 3.0 Rowing Machine - White
Tunturi Classic Row 3.0 Rowing Machine - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, basic machine, well built and functional., 25 Jan. 2015
No Complaints, well made, packaged superbly, easy to use - note I had a problem with the controls from the rowing handle, they just wouldn't work and I thought there was manufacturing fault - if you roll the handle over there is a plastic strip placed between the battery terminals so as not to exhaust them if the item remains unsold for some time, really enjoying the rowing. Programs fairly limited but heart monitor is useful as is the Recovery Mode to track progress. I think this was a sound purchase, though frills are absent. Overall very pleased though, a good purchase.

Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Stand for Apple MacBook Pro/MacBook Air and New Macbook Pro Retina

5.0 out of 5 stars really enjoy sitting my MBPRO 13" on the stand and using ..., 21 Jan. 2015
Well made, functional, really enjoy sitting my MBPRO 13" on the stand and using with a trackpad or magic mouse - easy to type for brief periods when it is on the stand, no real complaints - so pleased I am going to buy another for my wife. Sturdy and dependable, I haven't experienced any slip problems, ingenious little stand which I would thoroughly recommend.

Silentnight Mattress-Now 7-Zone Memory Foam Rolled Mattress, King
Silentnight Mattress-Now 7-Zone Memory Foam Rolled Mattress, King

5.0 out of 5 stars whether it would expand and even be comfortable, but it does what it says on the ..., 8 Jan. 2015
Crucially important to leave this mattress to air in a warm room for a day if you can before you sleep on it - I was a bit unsure when I first unrolled it, whether it would expand and even be comfortable, but it does what it says on the tin. My wife comments that when you first lay on it feels as if you are rolling to the edge but quickly the mattress adapts to your body shape. A mattress without springs? Believe me, you won't notice, really good nights sleep and highly recommended.

iPhone 6 Plus Case, SUPCASE [Heavy Duty] Belt Clip Holster Apple iPhone 6 Plus Case 5.5 inch [Unicorn Beetle PRO Series] Full-body Rugged Hybrid Protective Cover with Built-in Screen Protector (Green/Gray), Dual Layer + Impact Resistant Bumper [Not Fit iPhone 6 4.7 inch]
Offered by I-Blason EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, well worth it, does what a phone case should!, 8 Jan. 2015
I am not going to ramble on, I am reviewing a phone case. Honestly not much more to say than it is superb, fits brilliantly, all the controls work, and protects your expensive investment. Touchscreen works brilliantly with the screen protector, really worth it IMHO, the best case I have used to date for any phone.

OPSO® Apple MFi Certified Linker Sync and Charge Data Cable 30 Pin Dock Connector to USB Cable for iPhone 4S 4 3GS, iPad 2 3, iPod touch 2 3 4, iPod nano 6th and Previous Apple Models (4 Feet / 1.2 m)
Offered by Poweradd

5.0 out of 5 stars just glad I didn't jump on the computer and leave poor ..., 7 Dec. 2014
I was going to leave a review saying that for me, two of these chargers didn't work with an iPad 1 or an iPhone 4 - after 10 minutes, nothing, diddly squat. Called my daughter later in the day and she reported both items products showed 100% charge. No explanation for it other than the products must have been completely depleted, just glad I didn't jump on the computer and leave poor feedback. Well worth it, so difficult to find a charger that works these days, these also have a thoughtful band of velcro attached so you can fold them up into a small bundle instead of multiple leads looking somebody's entrails when you pull them out of your rucksack etc.

Apple MGEN2B/A Mac Mini (Intel Core i5 2.6GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Mac OS X)
Apple MGEN2B/A Mac Mini (Intel Core i5 2.6GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Mac OS X)
Offered by Pleasure Time Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one to go for most users!!!, 18 Nov. 2014
Whereas the Amazing Mr Blunden has an arguable point - which really should have already been addressed by anyone looking to purchase a new computer - I based my decision to buy this particular model (8GB, 2.6Ghz, Iris graphics) on the following after research. I considered buying a second 2012 Mac Mini since I already own one, and the cheaper entry level 1.4 Ghz model with 4GB RAM (but notably with an inferior graphics card).

1) Almost always buy the very latest technology you can with computers - the latest generation Haswell processors are a must, 8GB Ram is suitable for 99% of people without specialist requirements/professional tasks and although I would like to be able to upgrade the RAM as I have done in my 2012 Mac Mini to 16GB. With the latest OS X 8GB is plenty, and asides from professional uses this really is a non-issue for most people.
2) Iris graphic card on this 2.6 Ghz model is a big leap up in performance from the Intel predecessor
3) Two Thunderbolt ports, not necessarily an issue now for most users but advantages will become clear for future use.

Whatever Mac Mini you go for you will be really pleased, to reiterate I did consider getting a second 2012 Mac Mini - often said is that a week is a long time in politics. What is said about two years in technology terms? Whilst the differences aren't ground-breaking there was enough to push me towards this latest model.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2014 5:00 PM GMT

MotoGP 14 (PS4)
MotoGP 14 (PS4)
Offered by SupaStock

3.0 out of 5 stars Very average, has its merits but lacks atmosphere and a decent soundtrack., 16 Oct. 2014
This review is from: MotoGP 14 (PS4) (Video Game)
Much has been written about this game, but as a single player it is a fairly "empty" experience in that there is no throbbing soundtrack or commentary to enliven the proceedings. Gameplay is above average but not quite as good as the other reviews led me to believe - graphics aren't too bad at all, but above all the game lacks the razzmatazz of a gaming experience. As a package I feel it is underdeveloped.

Berndes Vario Click 32 cm Induction Wok with Glass Lid and Accessories
Berndes Vario Click 32 cm Induction Wok with Glass Lid and Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars FABU-LOUS!!!!!!, 17 Sept. 2014
I ordered one of these to use on a new induction hob before discovering that my original Le Creuset wok would actually work on the new heating source - so I sent it back!! After a few months of getting fed up with oiling the Le Creuset Wok and food still sticking to the bottom of it I decided to give the Berndes Wok another try, and it is just FABU-LOUS! Non stick coating is bliss, you can cook with less oil and I haven't had anything stick to the bottom of it, Toss Noodles on a high-heat, stir-fry, it is so good I have ordered a second one. Fantastic product, you get what you pay for, and you won't be disappointed.

Joseph Joseph Elevate Slotted Spoon with Integrated Tool Rest
Joseph Joseph Elevate Slotted Spoon with Integrated Tool Rest
Offered by JAPAN SOUL QUALITY

5.0 out of 5 stars and the clever little design touch of the feet which elevate it (especially useful if you are cooking on an induction hob and .., 31 Aug. 2014
In fairness it is a decent utensil, and the clever little design touch of the feet which elevate it (especially useful if you are cooking on an induction hob and using the unused surface area to prepare a meal) makes it worth it's weight in gold for hygiene alone. Hasn't discoloured so far with high heat wok cooking, I bought as part of a set on a carousel for better value, and bought another too. I believe it was value for money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6