Profile for Marco > Reviews

Content by Marco

Marco

Page: 1 | 2
Noontec Zoro HD True Sound Professional Headphones with Inline Mic and Answer/End Button - Black
Offered by poppstar*

4.0 out of 5 stars Good affordable product, 27 April 2016
Very good sound, maybe with the bass a tad too punchy. Very affordable for the sound quality and the quality of the materials does not seem too cheap. Excellent detail with the replaceable cord in case it gets damaged, as they often do. Beware that next day delivery extra cost may well be a waste of money because UPS (at least in Portugal) does not have a dropping point nearby in case you are not home, nor do they call you to check whether you are. In my case, the parcel was left with some neighbour I hardly know, otherwise I would only get it 2 or 3 days later, despite paying extra for next day delivery. Lousy service by UPS.

Motorola Flip Shell Case for Moto G (2nd Gen) - Turquoise
Motorola Flip Shell Case for Moto G (2nd Gen) - Turquoise

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 24 May 2015
Excellent fit, no problem whatsoever fitting it on the phone. Not cheap, though.

Crumpler Jackpack 3000 Bag for Camera - Black/Grey
Crumpler Jackpack 3000 Bag for Camera - Black/Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, compact but roomy with the Crumpler quality, 6 Sept. 2014
Good Crumpler quality (the second Crumpler bag that I have bought), simple compact bag but roomy for its size. It generously fits my daughter's Nikon D5100 with a Nikon 50mm 1.8D and a Nikon 55-200mm VR lenses, plus her mobile a couple for small items. Discrete and not too bulky for a 12 year old. Only small complaint is the lack of a velcro to more firmly secure the bag closed if the forgets to close the buckle.

Generic HB-7 Petal Crown Bayonet Lens Hood Nikon AF Zoom-NIKKOR 80-200MM F/2.8D ED Lens

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheapo hood, do not expect too much and you won't be disappointed, 27 April 2014
Knock-off quality, hard to twist into place (even more if reversed) and hard to maintain there. However, for the price paid and the description, I wasn't expecting anything more than that. It does the job and it is a cheapo hood, delivery was fast, packaging was good enough for what was inside but I hope they pack expensive stuff better. All in all, cheap price = cheap quality, does the job I bought it for (getting bumped) and delivery was swift. The 3 stars are due to the fact that it is much harder to put in place than all my Nikon original hoods.

Nikon 80-200Mm F2.8Ed Af Zoom Nikkor D
Nikon 80-200Mm F2.8Ed Af Zoom Nikkor D
Offered by WAA Electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lens, fast and accurate, great photos, 29 Dec. 2013
I have bought this lens about a year ago and I am extremely happy with it. Very fast focus, at least when compared to the Nikon 55-200MM F/4-5.6 AF-S VR DX that I was using before, great for indoors sports. Although I actually bought it for this purpose, I ended up with it attached to my D90 and then my D7000 most of the time and it is the lens I use the most. It seems very solid and I trust it will last quite a few years. I have some samples of photos with this lens in my blog ([...] and on 500px ([...] I only wish it had VR because sometimes I have to lower the shutter speed a little (to avoid a higher ISO) and my grip doest seem to be steady enough. But I already knew when I bought it and whenever possible I use the tripod to avoid the problem. I would also prefer the switch for AF/M to be something like the 55-200 had for the VR switch, rather than the type of switch this lens has. All in all, a great lens with pro performance at an affordable price.

Lowepro Flipside Sport 15L AW Camera Backpack - Galaxy Blue
Lowepro Flipside Sport 15L AW Camera Backpack - Galaxy Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Expectations fully met, 29 Dec. 2013
- I wanted a light backpack to use frequently and over rather long periods on my back.
- I was considering using it whilst cycling and hiking.
- I wanted it to be waterproof.
- I wanted it to fit my D7000 with my 80-200 f2.8 attached, and my 50mm f1.8, my SB-28 and triggers, a couple of filters and my hi-tech filter holder and my iPad (first model).
- Finally, and crucial, I wanted it to be light weight.

I bought the Lowepro Flipside Sport 15L AW, in blue, and i have owned it since August 2013. It is everything I was looking for. I can fit all the gear mentioned and still have a little room left, for instance I can also carry my Kenko teleconverter. I will post a picture of the bag with the gear on my website ([...] in case someone wants to confirm on the iPad fits.
If I can mention something I wish it could be different it is the side pocket (where a water bladder is meant to be installed) that I use to stow my mobile and documents. This pocket could be just a little more spacious because although it is quite deep, it is a bit too tight. But this is not a problem for me, since I can carry all I usually want inside and I already knew it was a bit tight when I bought the backpack.
So, I can clearly say that I am extremely happy with my purchase and I hardly ever leave home without it or without my Lowepro Classified 160 AW Shoulder Bag for DSLR which I have also reviewed. If I go to work (I'm a lecturer, not a pro photographer) I will take the Classified 160 with me, but if I go out for a walk or if the weight of the fully loaded Lowepro Classified will have to be carried for a long period then I will rather take the Lowepro Flipside Sport 15L AW.

Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Camera Body Only (16.2MP) 3 inch LCD - (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by WAA Electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera, although a bit dated, 27 Dec. 2013
I bought my Nikon D7000 about a year ago after having owned a Nikon D90. The D7000 is an excellent camera and, as far as I can tell, it could only benefit of a slightly larger MP count and better high ISO performance, hence the 4 stars only. But for its price tag, it is fantastic. I have some examples of my photos in my blog ([...] and some more in 500px ([...] If I could switch for a different camera it would only be for a full frame D800.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2013 9:23 PM GMT

Lowepro Classified 160 AW Shoulder Bag for DSLR and 1-2 Lenses - Black
Lowepro Classified 160 AW Shoulder Bag for DSLR and 1-2 Lenses - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bag, side pockets a bit tight, 14 Aug. 2013
I carry this bag with me wherever I go, unless I have to carry my laptop (then I will grab my Loewepro 350 DSLR Video Fastpack) and it is very convenient. In this very moment I have my D90 in it, with the 80-200 f/2.8 on, a 50mmm f/1.8 D, a SB-28 speedlight, the card wallet that came with the bag with a few card and the ML-L3 remote. On the front pockets I have a couple of wallets and 2 mobiles. In the larger front pocket I fit my iPad with its cover, although with a tight fit. On the back pocket I can carry a few 85mm Hitech filters and the Cokin P filter holder. The bag is robust and seems solid. I have had it for a few months now with no complaints other than the tight fit of the external pockets and the somewhat tight access to the main compartment that is not so easy with the 80-200 on but still manageable. The rain cover has been useful often. Great bag, the 4 stars are due to the tightness of the external pockets and access to the main compartment.

After a few months of using it, the only shortcomings I can remember are:
1 - beware not to use it to its full loading capacity because it will kill your back, but this is only proof of its loading capacity for its size;
2 - as I said before, the exterior pockets are a bit tight and I no longer carry the filters on the back pocket as I believe they would end up damaged by pressure.
Still, I believe it is a great bag for everyday use, as long as not too heavily loaded.

Lowepro DSLR Video Fastpack 350 AW Quick Access Backpack for DSLR - Black
Lowepro DSLR Video Fastpack 350 AW Quick Access Backpack for DSLR - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars The Fastpack delivers on its promise, 7 Aug. 2013
On the lower compartment it fits my D90 with the 80-200 f/2.8 on, plus a 50mm D, a 55-200mm f/4-5.6, a 18-55mm (stacked with the 50mm), my SB-28 flash and a Cokin P filter holder and a few 85mm Hitech filters and some cleaning whatnots. On the upper compartment I can fit my iPad a small bag with my macbook cables mouse and adapters, a small bag with a couple of yogurts and sandwiches, my wallet, my 2 mobiles and still have a little space left. On the back my 15'6 Macbook Pro fits with room to spare. However, due to the weight of the bag once fully loaded I do no dare to put it down on its back for fear that the weight might damage the macbook. The rain cover is convenient, the bag seems well built, it is light when empty but fully loaded I carry around 7-8 kgs on my back. Comfortable though, at least for an hour period, the most that I have carried it. Only four stars because the bag is, well, "ugly". It is bulky (it had to be to carry all this stuff) but it also looks bulky and has "photo gear" written all over it. It could be a little less conspicuous. Furthermore, the way it carries the tripod is not very well conceived.

Depending on your height, the lack of proper padding for the lower back can make it quite tiring and even painful after a not too long period (about 30 min.) carrying it on your back. With this price, general quality and, most of all, size, Lowepro should have given it a proper waist belt.
Other than that, great backpack.

Wahl 79400-800 Colour Pro Coded Mains Hair Clipper Kit
Wahl 79400-800 Colour Pro Coded Mains Hair Clipper Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid performer for a low price, 28 July 2013
I have had it for a few months and it is already paid for with the money I saved by never going back to the barbershop. It is a solid piece of machinery, not extremely heavy but still feels quite robust. I can hardly believe it was so cheap, even if it lasts only a couple of years it has been a great investment.

Page: 1 | 2