Profile for White Hart Dame > Reviews

Content by White Hart Dame

White Hart Dame "Legally_Lillywhite" (Nottingham, England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
1001 Plants: You must grow before you die
1001 Plants: You must grow before you die
by Liz Dobbs

4.0 out of 5 stars INSPIRATION FOR YOUR GARDEN, 11 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'll start by saying I'm no gardener, unless you count removing dead things from my various pots and replacing them with nice, new, healthy things from the local garden centre every summer as gardening?

When I saw this book in my queue I thought it may be useful for me to identify what plants I should buy to go it the shade, and which ones prefer sun, which are easy to keep (and won't die) and so on. I guess this book fulfils that, but it sort of presumes that you know a bit about gardening to start with or at least what flowers and plants are called! This a pretty hefty volume and I'm afraid my lack of knowledge meant I had to go through every page to find the plants I was interested in (by looking at the pictures). I guess it will be more useful when I buy a plant and have the name to look up in the index!

It has lots of beautiful plants that have inspired my planting this year though, with a picture for every plant and basic information.

K Food: Korean Home Cooking and Street Food
K Food: Korean Home Cooking and Street Food
by Da-Hae West

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Just Kimchi!, 9 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To be honest, I didn't really have an idea of what Korean food actually was. Yes I have heard the buzzword "Kimchi" banded around cookery programmes and magazines but didn't really know what it was. Now I do know, I have to say that I'm not keen on the Kimchi thing, too much like sauerkraut for my taste!

But, luckily, this book is not all about the Kimchi. The author speaks with real love about her country and the food (and her husband!) so you cannot help but be drawn in. The book is written and illustrated beautifully and the barbecue recipes that they serve in their restaurant really excited me. Some of the ingredients will be hard to come by in my small midlands town but that's what the internet is for!

I have to be truthful and say that it won't probably be my favourite cookbook, but it's there when I want to be more adventurous.

Sonic Chic Deluxe Gold Toothbrush
Sonic Chic Deluxe Gold Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LITTLE TOOTHBRUSH!, 27 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What an amazing little toothbrush! I am reluctant to take my full sized electric toothbrush away with me, because the case is huge and takes up loads of room in my bag, and its heavy! This little wonder is not much bigger than a cosmetic brush, has a handy cap and is easily charged by using the USB cable provided (you just need a USB plug if you want to charge it from the wall). It has a nice brushed gold colour which looks great, especially if you want to stash it in your handbag.

It has a good brush (with one spare included) which is very effective.

AmazonBasics 1/4-Inch Yoga and Exercise Mat with Carrying Strap, Blue
AmazonBasics 1/4-Inch Yoga and Exercise Mat with Carrying Strap, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for home workouts and carrying around, 27 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First mat I have ever used at home and I can say I am impressed. As there is always no spare mats at my gym I have done my floor exercises at home in my spare room on a carpeted floor with a little discomfort. This mat has now solved that problem.
Its a full length mat so my whole body can fit on it, It is a lot more comfortable than I thought it be and I am impressed with how the cushioning returns to normal after each exercise session. I was afraid with it being from the basics range it wouldn't last long, how wrong I was.
It rolls away neatly so can be stored out of site and the carry handle is great. I can now take it with me on trips so I can still workout.
Overall I would recommend this product to anyone who needs one for home or to take to classes.

L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Filler Renew Eye Cream 15ml
L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Filler Renew Eye Cream 15ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for dark shadows, 29 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very light cream that can be applied under make up. After a week or so I noticed that my under eye area was much improved, my dark circles had diminished, and my fine lines looked less deep.

L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Filler Renew Replumping Serum 30ml
L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Filler Renew Replumping Serum 30ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased with the results, 29 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a convert to serum. It's light enough to wear under make up but I prefer to use it at night, with or without my night cream over the top, depending on how dry my skin is.

I was really pleased with the appearance of my skin after using this just at night for a week or so. My skin looked a lot smoother and hydrated.

Popband Ponytail Holders, Floral
Popband Ponytail Holders, Floral

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds your hair tight, 29 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was a little dubious about these little bands being able to hold my hair, which is quite fine but there's a lot of it! They did a sterling job of holding my messy bun all day and looked quite pretty into the bargain.

Unlike my usual black ponytail bands they didn't seem to stretch much and I will get many more uses from these.

Command 17804Q-ES Party Mini Spring Clips
Command 17804Q-ES Party Mini Spring Clips

4.0 out of 5 stars Clips that stick, 4 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
They are what they say they are, clips. I have used them on the side of my cupboards to hold notes instead of magnets on my fridge. The clips open wide so will hold a fairly large amount of paper.
As for the holding tape removing cleanly, yes I can vouch for that as my first attempt to stick the clip went wrong so I had to remove it. It is as simple as explained, you just pull the tab down and away it comes no mess or residue. All ready to apply a new tape and restick.

In the whole I would recommend them.

Black + Decker PV1200AV-XJ Auto Dustbuster Pivot, 12 V
Black + Decker PV1200AV-XJ Auto Dustbuster Pivot, 12 V

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact and easy, 27 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really dont like vacuuming my car as i have a heavy shedding dog but when this product advertised it could handle pet hair Ihad to give it a go. In short yes it does but it does struggle with the dog hair. I kept having to stop to clean the brush and the container. For general cleaning it is ideal.

When I had finished I found it easy to clean and fold away into a neat package. The net bag it is stored in is easy to carry and stow away in my boot.

Overall I like this product and all its attachments but will have to use it on a really regular basis but it does make it easier to keep my car clean.

HAVIT HV-H913BT Bluetooth Headset with Charging Dock for iPhone and Android
HAVIT HV-H913BT Bluetooth Headset with Charging Dock for iPhone and Android
Offered by SBOX Store

4.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLE TO USE HEADSET, 4 Feb. 2016
PROS: Very easy to set up and use, pairing with my Samsung S4 was a doddle with the voice commands on the headset. Fits very comfortably in the ear, secures with an earpiece and has great sound quality. This headset will pair with two phones. The clip fastening provided for your car's vent works very well and the headset sits snugly in its magnetic holder. Seems to last for a long time on one charge.

CONS: The on/off switch underneath is a little fiddly and takes some getting used to. The sticky pad supplied wasn't very good, it held on for about 10 seconds before falling off. The vent clip supplied is much better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20