Profile for FadeToWhite > Reviews

Content by FadeToWhite

FadeToWhite (Wales, UK)

St Benedict Crucifix Black. Saint Benedict Crucifix. Crucifix 7.5cms.
St Benedict Crucifix Black. Saint Benedict Crucifix. Crucifix 7.5cms.
Offered by St Joseph's Catholic Giftshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Jun. 2015
It's a beautiful cross. The detail and quality is stunning. Would make a lovely gift.

Drones
Drones

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful exploration of the modern human experience., 20 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Drones (Audio CD)
For whatever reason, I wasn't very impressed with most of Drones on my first listen. But now I would say that it equals Absolution in its genius. The band welcoming back their signature rock sound and incredible guitar riffs. Add those powerful lyrics to the mix and it all combines to create an intense listening experience. One which you want to repeat over and over again. It seems to get better every time.

Buy it. And if you don't like it at first, keep going. Let the story in the words take over your mind. Let the music fill your soul. Absorb it. Soak in it.

Ghost Stories from the BBC: Whistle and I'll Come to You (1968 + 2010) [DVD]
Ghost Stories from the BBC: Whistle and I'll Come to You (1968 + 2010) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sir Michael Hordern (1968)
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Two brilliant versions of a haunting story., 8 Aug. 2012
As a big fan of the original story by M.R. James and the horror genre, I enjoy both BBC adaptations. The more recent 2010 version is my favourite, so I'll discuss that one first.

Let me start by saying that the 2010 version is very different from the original story, so it should not be judged by its faithfulness to the original. It should be viewed and judged on its own merit; a separate entity with inspiration taken from the core idea.
The film builds quietly with a constant eerie and expectant atmosphere that just gets more and more intense as it goes on. It's so effective, it had me on the edge of my seat. By the end my nerves were shredded. Very few horror films actually scare me, but this one certainly did. This is a film I could watch over and over, I absolutely love it.

The 1968 version is a pretty faithful adaptation of the book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although it does not have the fear factor of the 2010 version, or the same suspense, it's very well done.

I'm very pleased the 2010 version is finally getting a DVD release. And to have both versions on one disc is just the icing on the cake.

Love Album Parts One & Two
Love Album Parts One & Two
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand and beautiful music for the soul, 20 Nov. 2011
I've been following Angels & Airwaves since the beginning and Love Parts One & Two are a wonderful addition to their catalogue. With chillingly beautiful and intricate music, which at times gives you the feeling of floating in the infinite expanse of space, and lyrics which read like modern poetry - full of vivid imagery, metaphor, imagination and thought-provoking words, this is music for perhaps the more intellectual or philosophical of us; people who want more than the basic and shallow product that floods a lot of the radio and charts today.
This is music to shine through the dense darkness of today's bleak world. A refreshingly positive and hopeful message, which Angels & Airwaves have always done so well.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Aug. 2011
I got this walking stick as I have Fibromyalgia and ME and it's difficult to walk sometimes, especially for long periods. This cane is nice and sturdy. Just what I needed. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a cane.

This Is War
This Is War

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing doesn't even cover it., 8 Dec. 2009
This review is from: This Is War (Audio CD)
I will start by saying that this album has to be one of the best, if not THE best album, that I've bought this year. I have listened to it in its entirety 13 times since I got it.
It's gorgeous, fierce, energetic and just totally epic sounding all in one. Jared Leto's awesomely powerful yet beautiful vocals flow effortlessly along with the addictive music beneath it. Just stunning. I'm really, really impressed. Cannot praise this enough. I find I want to listen to it all the time at the moment.
30 Seconds To Mars just get better and better with each release. I love them. And I love this album.
I highly recommend it.

I-Empire
I-Empire

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Outstanding..., 8 Nov. 2007
This review is from: I-Empire (Audio CD)
Even as a big fan of Angels And Airwaves' first album, I can say I-Empire is an improvement. Tom DeLonge has managed to refine the musical style that made itself present on their debut.

DeLonge's talent for melody and simple, yet powerful lyrics appear once again with even more strength. Put together with the band's unique sound, Angels And Airwaves deliver incredible music which will leave you singing along.

Perhaps the most amazing thing about Angels And Airwaves' music is their ability to instill feelings of euphoria, hope and self-belief while listening, which have been experienced by many people.
Even when you are feeling at your worst, this album has the power to pull you back from seemingly inescapable feelings of hopelessness and sadness. (Being someone who suffers from depression I can honestly say that Angels And Airwaves' music has made a significant impact on my life and my mood and often leaves me smiling).

If you want a change from the current "doom and gloom" output of the majority of modern rock bands and want something uplifting, I highly recommend I-Empire.
There is not a single bad song on the whole album. It is an incredible record. My favourite of 2007 so far and I like a lot of music.

Buy this album. It is is simply put...beautiful.