Profile for J. C. Murphy > Reviews

Content by J. C. Murphy

J. C. Murphy "James7801" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland
Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Oct. 2014
I entered war film into the prime video search bar and this was in the suggested titles.

Xti Men's 25395 Black Pull On Boot Xti30156010110 10 UK
Xti Men's 25395 Black Pull On Boot Xti30156010110 10 UK

1.0 out of 5 stars They look nice, 25 Nov. 2012
Well as I said they look nice they are agony to walk in given me massive blisters everytime iv tried to wear them. I would not recommend these to anyone unless you want to torture your feet.

2400DPI 1800DPI 1200DPI 600DPI Sensitivity Switching 6 Buttons LED Laser Optical Gaming game Mouse Mice PC LAPTOP BLACK Brand New!!5 million clicks, 12-Month warranty,top gaming winning!! No need extra drivers

5.0 out of 5 stars An amzing mouse, 26 July 2012
Ok first off you have consider the price of the mouse. Now this mouse looks like a Razor mouse oem job not bad thing this I will added. It has all the functionality of a £30-£50 mouse i.e dpi buttons and there feel also the nice soft rubber finish. Downside, well there had to be one at this price non braided cable non gold plated usb, the lights on this mouse are pretty bright and blue (blue isnt my favourite colour. Also there's a few asian word characters doted about not really bad thing. Overall great gaming mouse for a £10 would recommend to anyone.

Kingston Valueram 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 RAM CL7 DIMM Memory Module
Kingston Valueram 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 RAM CL7 DIMM Memory Module

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ram for the price, 8 Sept. 2011
This ram that arrived from low price memory was exactly the same as pictured apart from the PCB was dark blue which looks nice. Now did double check the serial on ram on kingston site and it is cl7 7-7-7 24 1066. Now got 8gb for media centre and runs very smoothly the tight timings are great and very handy because the motherboard I was using only supported a maximum of 1333mhz. Now stuck a stick of ddr3 1333mhz cl9 and this out performed it so great value for money as well. Now the ram itself runs pretty cold so not really needed to have heat spreaders.

Asus GeForce GTX 580 DirectCu II Graphics Card (1.56GB)
Asus GeForce GTX 580 DirectCu II Graphics Card (1.56GB)

5.0 out of 5 stars True power and you can still hear yourself, 19 July 2011
This is one powerful graphics card I got 26,000P 3d mark vantage points before overclock. Post overclock (I reached an amazing 900mhz on the core @ 1.5v 35C idle 55-60c on load) I got just over 30,000P 3d mark vantage points. The picture of this item is incorrect that is a AMD 6970 not the gtx 580. It has a display port and 1.4a hmdi next to each other on the bottom row and to dvis one above another leaving on the back 1 whole pci bracket as ventilation and a half bracket (other half is the top dvi). Now the card self is so quite on auto fans but can reach about 70c on overclock full load now I use afterburner with the custom fan control and if your will to play around you can get about 10c drop for only few Db (hard to notice). On the topic of afterburner voltage control is avaliable on this card though it which handy because the asus voltage software is not as good as afterburner.

Overall cannot fault this product you can play crysis 2 (whilst over clocked) at ultra with dx11 and high textures(motion blur was disabled because presonally cannot stand it) and you will get about 30-45 fps its playable but not great. At stock you can get v sync with nice steady 60fps to work perfectly on extreme with DX 11 and high textures (motion blur still disable). Metro 2033 runs at normal with full aa and all other settings turned up (with 2 gtx 580's metro 2033 can be run on max fps around 70 but I it on leave v sync no point pushing it more than it needs).

I went got a second card for ultimate performance there is now nothing cant run at max and my pc is nice quite (thats important to me). Though the only downside is that if a game doesnt have v sync fps can get bit hight if it isnt that demanding but only found one game that effects so not big concern.

One thing to take account this is a triple slot card so takes up alot room on you MB I personally think its worth it for such great cooler with 2x100mm fans but it is a consideration. In my case I have my networking card sandwich in between 2 of these so I have no expandabilty left but I have all I wanted HYPER Graphics!

My system is:
I7 970 @ 4Ghz
12 GB ddr3 triple channel kingston hyperX black T1 @2000 mhz
ASUS Rampage extreme 3
Enermax Revolution85+ 1.25Kw PSU
Fractal Design XL
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2012 6:11 PM GMT

Akasa Vortexx AK-VC02-RD VGA cooler
Akasa Vortexx AK-VC02-RD VGA cooler
Offered by UKTEK.CO

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap effect quite, 26 Jun. 2011
I got this cooler because my old 9800 gt in my sever was getting loud. First off installation was easy its for screws and 8 thermal pads (for the gddr) took off old cooler removed dried out old thermal paste (used akasa tim works fine had bottle for like 2 years of regular use and its still half full) applied Arctic mx-4 (because I dislike silver based paste personal preference) put the pads on the Vram and screwed the cooler on and thats it done took ten minutes. Now the fan cable has 3 pin connector which has reasonable length but didnt have a header on my MB so had to use the molex adapter and cant really hear in amongst my psu and heat sink about same noise level. Booted up afterburner for temps sits at 35C consistently load it hits 41c on a 100% gpu (unfortunately could test vram maxed at the same time).

So overall quite cheap effective and easy to install well cant think more you want also doesn't look to bad not great but certainly not ugly (help my 9800gt has black pcb).

Felco F912 Leather Cone Holster
Felco F912 Leather Cone Holster
Offered by HomeStore-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I live with out it ?, 9 May 2011
I find this item invaluable in my day to day life. In appearence this mild manner cone seems some what useful but once attached to a belt similar leather (because is practially a fashion accessory) it becomes a life changing practical design.

I find its style when on my belt I feel like a cowboy of the garden and my ice cream truck (more so since now have on on each side). In my job it allows me to store more ice cream cones before I give them out to customers I have increase my production times which seeing as a bonus in my sales. I would recomend this item to everyone!

Sure EXTRA LARGE Condoms XXL for Big / Larger Men 12's
Sure EXTRA LARGE Condoms XXL for Big / Larger Men 12's

1.0 out of 5 stars Clearly for people with small bits, 5 Dec. 2010
These are not large condoms they only have a diameter of 56mm which is the same size as normal condoms. I could not get thses to the base and were quite painful to even get half way do not buy unless want to have box thats says xxl but is regular condoms in.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2013 1:51 PM GMT

StarTech.com Mounting PC Case Fan Screws - 50 Pack
StarTech.com Mounting PC Case Fan Screws - 50 Pack
Offered by Vebox Direct Computing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great though they are just screws, 29 Nov. 2010
Well this item arrived very prompt (next day) there screws they have good quality finsh no defects good deep groves and dont not seem to shred. What more can want from PC screw !

ASUS Rampage III Extreme ROG - X58 - Socket 1366 - DDR3 (2200 OC) - SLi/Xfire - USB3 -  SATA 6Gbps - SATA 3Gb/s*6 - HD Audio (8-channel) - Gigabit Ethernet - ATX
ASUS Rampage III Extreme ROG - X58 - Socket 1366 - DDR3 (2200 OC) - SLi/Xfire - USB3 - SATA 6Gbps - SATA 3Gb/s*6 - HD Audio (8-channel) - Gigabit Ethernet - ATX

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing but not for everyone, 29 Nov. 2010
This board has many features a high end user still might not use like for example cold start for liquid nitrogen, PCI-E lane switchs, Really time volt meter posts, a 775 mount socket aswell as a a 1366 socket incase want mount a old liquid nirtogen pot on. This board supports triple SLI and Quadfire at 16x/16x, 16x/16x/8x, 8x/8x/8x/8x. Its has 2 gigabit ethernet sockets it has two SATA III 6gb/s ports and 2 USB 3.0. Its overclock capabities are great it also has 2 bios chips to switch between as well as a emergency recover bios if make a real mess. Its has built in bluetooth which can control the pc with an Iphone app(cant remember if its on andriod or not). The board is realtively cool and has great build quality feel. If your not going to anything crazy you can get very good perfromance from a ASUS Sabertooth X58 which alot cheaper if want something with all the frills this is you board!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4