Profile for SHANN > Reviews

Content by SHANN

SHANN "SHANN" (England, London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Hitman - Extreme Edition [2007] [DVD]
Hitman - Extreme Edition [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Timothy Olyphant
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm ..., 22 Mar 2008
Well, to be honest I had low expectations before watching this film. Partly because my confidence in Hollywood was at an all time low after Alien vs Predator 2 but also because they seem to get games to movie so horribly wrong on a regular basis. Vs what I expected I actually thought it was a decent movie. Vs the rest of Hollywood and any other action film its pretty average to poor. I did enjoy it but having only watched it a week ago I am struggling to remember what happened. So I suppose it was entertaining with a reasonable lead performance by olyphant (his first proper lead role) but forgettable. The plot was predictable/lazy along with the writing. There was plenty of action and some very cool bits to keep the entertainment factor but I only had to use a couple of my brain cells to take it all in. If its a dull rainy sunday and you've nothing else to do then watch it. I saw it on the plane and it killed a couple of hours. One thing I would add is that they were, on the whole, faithful to the game except for 47 having a love interest of sorts. rent it, but not sure I would recommend buying it.

Sony DCR-SR32 Hard Disc Drive Camcorder With 2.5'' LCD Screen
Sony DCR-SR32 Hard Disc Drive Camcorder With 2.5'' LCD Screen

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good camera which has not let me down, 22 Mar 2008
I have owned this camera for over a year now, with holidays and weddings filmed. So far I have to say that it has been really good value for money. The picture is very good, it has a 40x optical zoom (you will need a tripod if using) and the touch screen is very simple to use with some useful features. I'm not an expert on cameras so this is perfect for filming home movies (decent or otherwise!), holiday stills and footage plus I have recently filmed a wedding which came out really well. The 30gb of memory means that you can literally film for years without having to clear it and it is easy to upload onto a laptop. My suggestion though is that you ensure you have a recent laptop as it struggled with my girl friends lower spec toshiba, which is relatively new. Its also very compact which means that you dont have to worry about it taking up space plus the bag as part of the package ensures I can keep all together. The battery lasts about 90mins on normal filming so I would recommend getting a spare as I have been caught out a few times. Overall a really good camera and if your not a budding david bailey then this will certainly provide good value for money.

Planet Terror (2-Disc special edition) [DVD] [2008]
Planet Terror (2-Disc special edition) [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Rose McGowan

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 21 Mar 2008
This is a much better film than Death Proof. Its a shame that the American public didn't get it as it on the whole achieves the B movie finish it aimed for. A lot of action, quite squimish throughout (I dont recommend eating salsa with your chips!) and a very accomplished performance across all areas. Freddy R is a very likeable lead and plays his part excellently, cameos from Bruce Willis and Q.Tarantino are really well done. Death Proof for me was too slow but Planet terror had a great action packed pace with plenty of memorable moments. Definitely worth watching and I will certainly be buying it. Very good film.

30 Days Of Night  (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD]
30 Days Of Night (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Josh Hartnett
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good vampire film - very well done, 21 Mar 2008
I was surprised at how well this film was done. Vampire films are so often messed up but this was very clever. The ending un-expected, the premise was very contemporary, the acting was strong and Josh Hartnett was a very good lead. The pace was good and there was always something happening. Very entertaining and I will certainly be putting in a pre-order for when it comes out. If you like vampire flicks you'll love this. Plus the bonus of it being ended ready for hopefully a good sequel.

Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street [2 Disc] [DVD] [2007]
Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street [2 Disc] [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars I hated it but I can appreciate it... only just though and under duress, 21 Mar 2008
I absolutely hated this film. It was everything I dont like in a film. I tried to be open minded but a horror musical which I found boring is not my cup of tea. By now your potentially wondering why I gave it five stars. Well, the reason is that if musicals are your bag (dont want to be sexist but it appears to be alot of female friends who loved it) then this is for you. The film is crafted superbly and visually it looks very very good. My girlfriend loved it and I can see the appeal but it simply wasnt for me. I didnt like it but I really appreciate what it tried to do. It was different, well acted and uniquelly fresh. I applaud the attempt for something soooo different on the main stream film stage. People who like this style of film should buy it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2008 11:35 AM BST

Ross Kemp on Gangs: El Salvador - Cape Town - St. Louis - Moscow [DVD]
Ross Kemp on Gangs: El Salvador - Cape Town - St. Louis - Moscow [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ross Kemp
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Mar 2008
Rarely am I shocked but equally thrilled. This is a great series which is covered very well by the ex-eastender. If the theme is your bag then make sure you at least watch the series and I would certainly recommend spending money on adding it to your DVD collection. The coverage is in depth, balanced (mostly) and allows the footage to do most of the work. My only criticism (and this is being picky) is that Ross Kemp (as the face of the show) always takes the moral highground. For me, he should not take any moral ground at all and this should be left to the audience. But then again, if you are trying to infiltrate a nazi gang, thus having to play along with it, the last thing he wants is for the viewers to think that he actually agrees with it - therefore, he is at pains to make his true feelings clear on the camera!!! Brilliant show - watch it!

The Heartbreak Kid [DVD]
The Heartbreak Kid [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Stiller
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars Its ok if your stuck on a 10hr flight, 21 Mar 2008
This review is from: The Heartbreak Kid [DVD] (DVD)
I must admit that I'm fearful for Ben Stiller. My fear is that he ends up like Adam Sandler churning out the same format time and time again. I really love the early Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler films but they are getting a bit worn. This film is ok if your on a 10hr flight which is where I watched it. It helped pass 90mins and then I forgot about it. Dont get me wrong, I'm not at the point where I feel like I wasted an hour and a half of my life but its delivered in an average way across the board. The writing - average, Acting - average, direction - average, cast - average, Film - average. In case your still unsure what I think of the film.... surprise surprise its average!! I wouldn't spend money on this film unless it was reduced to clear. I hope Stillers latest comedy (Tropical Thunder) is much better than this. I dont want to see him on the Hollywood scrap heap as it would be a waste of such talent.

National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage
Offered by supermart_usa

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked it - as good as the first, 21 Mar 2008
I was surprised that the second installment of N.T was actually good. Usually sequels are very poor with lazy writing. N.C is not known for doing second films but this rare installment is very cheesy but is definitely not a let down. Its fun with a steady pace. It has all the ingredients of the first but with an expanded cast. It works well, Hlen Mirren did good. Therefore, I would suggest that fans of the first definitely invest in this.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but not quite great, 19 Mar 2008
Unlike alot of people I found the lead incredibly irritating. Please dont ask me why but Ellen Page really didnt work in my opinion. I really did enjoy the film, I thought the plot, writing and acting generally were excellent and managed in a very sensitive way whilst weaving in a comic touch (A very difficuly skill). I did really enjoy the film but it didnt quite grab the way in which a film with 5 stars should. I wasnt splitting my sides like I did in superbad (which others would think Im crazy for). I found it slow in parts but overall it was well executed. I would certainly buy it and I think that maybe it would suit a chick flick lover rather than myself. Worth watching...

Toshiba Satellite Pro A210-1B3 Notebook laptop, AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 2.0GHz ( Dual-Core ), 15.4" TFT, 2GB RAM, 250GB Hard-Drive, DVD±RW, WiFi, Windows Vista Home Premium

5.0 out of 5 stars So far really good, 18 Mar 2008
So far I have found this lap top absolutely perfect for what I need. I use it for my digi camera & camcorder, ipod plus the internet etc. Its a great lap top for the day to day uses which I need it for. If your a computer geek then you dont need me to tell you if this is a good laptop, for the average person wanting a decent, reasonably priced laptop which has great speed, memory and is very user friendly then this is the one I would recommend. Long may it continue...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10