Profile for Mayur Karson Odedra > Reviews

Content by Mayur Karson O...

Mayur Karson Odedra "M.Odedra" (UK)

Building Your Own Home 18th Edition
Building Your Own Home 18th Edition
by David Snell

5.0 out of 5 stars I wouldnt build without this book, 5 Sept. 2009
Initially I was put off buying this book by reading the review by Rick Hughes. It was only on further investigation that I realized that review was referring to a book published five years before this one and also was by another author called Murry Amour! Luckily I persevered and spent a happy hour reading this book whilst browsing in a bookshop and found I was unable to put it down.

Having read it from cover to cover several times I have found the style to be like having a chat with a very knowledgeable friend who is able to answer every question that you may come across during a self build project or extension. I particularly liked the fact I could refer back to certain pages or experiences that the writer himself had faced or were included in case studies and have the questions I had answered.

With every aspect of a project covered in detail and also chapters relating to the management of a successful build, I would highly recommend this book to anyone considering a self build, extension or passing interest in building.

I went from a nervous renovator of a single one bedroom flat to a professional developer of sites with multiple executive detached houses, some worth in excess of a million pounds. I would not have achieved this success without this book and I still occasionally refer to it when I need to check I'm following the right path to complete my projects.

This book has been invaluable to my success and I haven't hesitated to recommend it to anyone I know who is about to embark on a self build.