ARRAY(0xa61361a4)

Woll Logic Professional 1.5 Litre 20 x 7 cm Saute/ Deep Frying Pan
Woll Logic Professional 1.5 Litre 20 x 7 cm Saute/ Deep Frying Pan
Price: 56.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Quality, 21 July 2013
I bought this to make our frittatas in and it's perfect. Deep enough for plenty of vegetables etc and the thick, but light, walls ensure even cooking. They come out perfect every time. It cleans very easily and just has a nice feel to it. Only slight grumble, if I really must put one, is that the handle is very long. It does not come with the lid as it says in the blurb either but that is an Amazon fault not the seller's.

Ancol Fine Choke Chain, 12-inch
Ancol Fine Choke Chain, 12-inch
Price: 1.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect but, 10 Mar 2013
This is what I have been looking for for my mini Jack Russell. Exactly the right thickness but only comes in one length, could really do with it in the 35cm length option too. I think the chain looks more elegant than a ridged collar. This does leave a grey mark on her white fur though.

Dog Choke Chain Armitage Medium 35cm
Dog Choke Chain Armitage Medium 35cm
Offered by Bargain Warehouse
Price: 3.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice collar, 10 Mar 2013
It's a nice collar but too thick for my mini Jack Russell. Just the right length though. Rings soldiered and sturdy.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as described!, 29 Sep 2012
It's quite large! The 15 inch diagonal is actually the width, it's more like 19 inch diagonal. It's too big for me, I only wanted a shampoo and comb bag for the gym, but too cheap to bother sending back.

Olive Wood Carving Board - 40cm
Olive Wood Carving Board - 40cm

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Pretty but, 9 May 2011
This review is from: Olive Wood Carving Board - 40cm
I bought this cutting board, the bread board and the small bowls as a set. The bowls I can put up with being small and the bread board looks nice with fresh bread on. This carving board however is small. I know it says 40 x 20 cms but that is absolute maximum. In fact as mine is rather 'foot' shaped it is more 17cm across. The very shallow groove is quite a way in too so the actual carving area is rather small. I managed a two person small piece of pork on it, the juice still overflowed so lots of cleaning up to do, but a medium chicken is a little too messy. I think I will put this along side the bread board and use it for cold cuts and cheese. They are a very lovely things to look at though but I will be buying a proper carving board with a good area and deep grooves for the Sunday roast.

Acctim Extra Large Supervisor Wall Clock
Acctim Extra Large Supervisor Wall Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Looking Clock, 9 May 2011
We have a rather long garage and this is for the far wall. Even my very short sighted husband can see it from the other end and it looks lovely, yes even in the garage!

Le Creuset Textiles Double Oven Glove, Black
Le Creuset Textiles Double Oven Glove, Black
Price: 15.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Just about perfect, 15 Feb 2011
I've just ordered our second one of these. The last one hasn't worn out, is just looking rather well used after two years of being with our Aga. We use the glove everyday and it has a wash regularly. Perhaps it would be better if the glove part was a darker colour but then it doesn't take long to throw it in the wash. I would certainly keep buying this one as I know it does the job and we have had no burns or scalds from using it.

Tudor Rose: The Story of the Queen Who United a Kingdom and Birthed a Dynasty
Tudor Rose: The Story of the Queen Who United a Kingdom and Birthed a Dynasty
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the First Issue, 17 Dec 2010
I've yet to finish this book. I have been finding the rather flowery and twee style grating to read, especially after reading Philippa Gregory. When you realise the book was first published in 1953 you can understand why it is so dated. The story is good, it is in our history after all, and I will no doubt push through to finish it to move on to the next monarch.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2011 3:40 PM BST

Sunlover Thermal Blackout Roller Blind Cream 120cm Width
Sunlover Thermal Blackout Roller Blind Cream 120cm Width
Offered by Homestore International
Price: 27.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I'd expect better from a Amazon related store., 21 Nov 2010
The blind is fine, it does the job. It did however arrive very badly packaged and the tube was slightly bent. I read their returns policy:

Returns Policy If you are not completely satisfied with your item you can return it within 14 days from receipt providing it is unopened and in a saleable condition.

You must arrange your own carrier and you will be liable for the return carriage costs. When you return your item, please ensure it is well wrapped and insured for transit, as we cannot accept receipt of a damaged item. If the item is delivered to us damaged we will inform you immediately so you can claim from your carrier.

Please also include your name, address, date of purchase and item number in the parcel.

Your refund will be for the item only and will not include any carriage costs paid to us.

If you receive a faulty or damaged item, you must inform us upon receipt and we will either replace the item or refund you in full.

... Which basically sucks and is probably illegal. How can I check the item, find it faulty and then return it 'unopened'? If it was faulty it's hardly going to be in a 'saleable condition'. Also if the item is faulty and is down to the merchant, they should carry the costs of their bad items being returned and replaced including the carriage.

We put the blind up regardless after straightening the tube, it was for my studio so not on public show, and then found that, again no fault of ours, there was a hole in the middle. Only small but the sun shines through non the less. I know I haven't contacted them about the faults but you just know by the wording that I would be on a hiding to nothing and the price of the item is hardly worth the hassle. I think I will buy from a decent store who would look after its customers in future.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2011 9:34 AM BST

Celtic, Viking and Anglo-Saxon Embroidery: The Art of Jan Messent (The Art & Embroidery of Jan Messent)
by Jan Messent
Price: 16.75

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Inspiration, 28 Jun 2010
I don't think this book has been far from my side since it arrived in May. It has certainly fired a few inspirational thoughts and even some stitch work. It may not be a 'how to' book but perhaps that is where the secret lies. Jan only tells you her thoughts and results and she certainly makes you think along lines that could work for you. Pick a theme and explore it.

Thank you Jan so much, I'm looking forward to the next instalment!!!

Page: 1 | 2