ARRAY(0xa82ea2e8)

Profile for K.P > Reviews

Content by K.P

K.P "Katie" (Cheshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fable 2 : Classics (Xbox 360)
Fable 2 : Classics (Xbox 360)
Offered by games-n-console-land
Price: 5.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun game, reminds you of your childhood...., 20 May 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Someone recommended I get this game recently, I'm a huge fan of role playing games, anything from Grand Theft Auto to Fallout so I thought I'd give Fable 2 a try. Having completed it a few days ago, I thought to myself, what a great game. Although it does contain killing, its not bloody or violent, it reminds me of a game I'd play during my childhood. It was refreshing to play something different and fun. Who doesn't love going from town to town shooting goblins? haha. The game follows the character Sparrow, it starts as she's a little girl, you do a few easy tasks to familiarize yourself with the controls etc then eventually your a grown-up. Oh and you can choose between a male or female character. I loved many things about the game. The colour, setting and details were amazing, look out for a town called Oakfield!. There are quests you can complete either once or there are some quests you can do a few times. You can also buy items from a merchant called Murgo (i think) and when you select them you play an extra mini game of sorts. Throughout you'll earn experience points, buy businesses and properties, find treasure chests and you have a dog which can change breeds and dig up treasure for you. There's so much more!

The only things that let the game down would be the way the character moves, which can sometimes feel sluggish (you know what I mean when you play), also, pressing start to get to the menu can be slow and you want it to be instant so you can do things quickly (like take potions etc). Finally, what I wanted more than anything was for this game to flow a little better. I suppose being used to GTA and Fallout being mostly one huge open space, with this game, between towns and places and quests its constantly loading, which lets it down a little. As well as that I would have liked it to be a bigger game, e.g. more towns and places to visit, having said that you wont be short of things to do, there's plenty of money making jobs.

Tip for you - if you want more money, save the game, go to xbox dashboard, put your clock forward a few years and voila! Instantly rolling in it, the game is earning you money even when your not playing, so everytime you go back on it gives you cash. Do this ^ and you'll be loaded!

Overall - great fun game, would definitely recommend you purchase!

The Mortal Instruments 4: City of Fallen Angels
The Mortal Instruments 4: City of Fallen Angels
by Cassandra Clare
Price: 9.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Just, disappointing...., 20 May 2011
Having read the previous books a couple of years ago I found myself drawn to reading this. I'm 20 and lets just say I'm more of a Lora Leigh, Christine Feehan, Larissa Ione - fan nowadays, so its entirely possible I disliked this book because its become to young for me?! I dont know, I adored the previous three books, the characters were excellently written and you could really relate to Jase and Clary. This book, I felt, dealt with Simon too much and not enough Jace and Clary, I did however enjoy the problems Jace was having and the surprising shock ending (which will undoubtably lead to the next novel). Certainly, these books are NOT like the Twilight saga (which I read around the same time a few years ago), although it is a romance, there's more action etc and you dont feel the connection with the characters. Overall, its a book I'd recommend if you still read these sorts of books (e.g. house of night, twilight etc), if like me, your older now than when you read the first three novels, I suggest you dont bother with this book.

Ruthless Game: Number 9 in series (Ghostwalker Novel)
Ruthless Game: Number 9 in series (Ghostwalker Novel)
by Christine Feehan
Price: 5.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly disappointing...., 1 Jan 2011
If like me, you've been waiting ages to read this book, pre-ordered it way in advance and had high hopes, you'll also, like me, most likely be disappointed with Feehan's latest novel. Upto now I've got and read all her books, especially the Ghostwalker series, but this book just didn't cut the mustard I'm afraid. I was super excited to read it, the book itself is bigger and the text is easier to read (not that really tiny text as with previous books and alike). Anywho, its the story of Kane and Rose, whom we became aware of during Jamie and Mack's novel. So, Rose is pregnant with Kane's baby, thanks to good'ol daddy Whitney. The history us regular ghostwalker fans are well aware of. Rose has the baby, and pretty much spends to whole book dealing with paranoia. She was all, does he love me? do I love him? and had major trust issues to the point of insanity. This was a big downer for me and pretty much ruined the whole book. I couldn't connect with her character at all, she was so miserable and constantly second guessing herself and everyone around her; I simply couldn't come to like her and it was a huge distraction. Kane's character I loved in the previous books and he's okay in this to. You can certainly relate to him more in this and when he delivers her baby, yeesh, you gotta hand it to the man!. Overall, if your a regular Ghostwalker reader than your gonna wanna read this regardless, however, for me it was one of the weakest feehan books I've read and its very long-winded. Seeing how its taken Feehan (yeah I know she has other novels to) like a year, to get this book out there, it was a big disappointment for me and she could have done better. Alas its not deterred me from Feehan, I'll still follow her novels etc, and I wait with bated breath for Javiers story! :D

Change Your Life In Seven Days (Book & CD & DVD)
Change Your Life In Seven Days (Book & CD & DVD)
by Paul McKenna
Price: 7.69

2.0 out of 5 stars What a total waste of money....., 15 Sep 2010
I gave up with this after the first chapter and a few tries with the CD. I cant seem to see how Paul McKenna is so successful because it really didn't seem to work. The book claims to work straight away if you do it right, which I did. I used the CD first, which believe me, did NOT work at all, its supposed to send you into an almost dreamlike state and talk to your subconscious mind however, I just lay on my sofa thinking, is this right? am I supposed to be listening to what he says? or should I ignore him? Its really not clear on what should happen at all. I dont know, maybe this wasn't for me, but I thought I'd soldier on and read the first chapter. I just couldn't seem to get into it, I'm a huge reader so that wasn't the problem, the book just seemed repetitive and not at all helpful, but like I said, I bought this book on a whim and maybe I didn't really need it. I wouldn't recommend the book to anyone else.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2012 12:32 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3