Profile for M. N. Stewart > Reviews

Content by M. N. Stewart

M. N. Stewart (Barcelona,Spain)

Helmet for my Pillow: The World War Two Pacific Classic
Helmet for my Pillow: The World War Two Pacific Classic
by Robert Leckie

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucky to be born in my generation!, 22 Nov. 2010
After reading this book I can almost certainly say how lucky I was to be born outside that period of our history. The book is very well written and by far one of the best historical books that I have read. It strikes a perfect balance between war details and friendship amongst men. It left me feeling very humble.
Not many books have that effect, it should be compulsory reading for children at school--forget catcher in the rye!

Philips Nivea Coolskin HS8060 Moisturizing Rotary Rechargeable Shaving System
Philips Nivea Coolskin HS8060 Moisturizing Rotary Rechargeable Shaving System

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a shaver that...., 26 Dec. 2008
Every 5 or so years i get inspired and order the latest shaver from Braun and after about 2 weeks i realise why it was 5 years since i ordered one!I have quite a slim face and find the shavers worked well on the flat bits but i would usually discover in the cold light of day that i had areas where lots of wiskers has escaped the Brauns reach.
I decided on the strength of the previous review to give the Phillips a try and can say that it is in a different league as far as my angular face goes.It is definitely a viable alternative to a wet shave and i like the fact that you can use it wet so as to enable a closer skin contact. The only slight downside for me is that my skin is left quite dry after shaving despite using various after shave products. I am not sure if this is being caused by the Nivea coolskin product or just that my face is not used to the repeated abrasion on the shaver. I will give some other gels a try and use the hack method of a previous reviewer so as to keep the refill tube.
The shaver does come with a pot of the Nivea product so you dont have to purchase any more right away. I tried to buy the same shaver without the fancy base unit as it is a nice but not a necessity as the shaver is pretty much the same.
All in all a good buy and am glad that i moved away from Braun and gave Phillips a go.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2009 2:46 AM BST