Profile for Higgy > Reviews

Higgy

EasyTalk Learn Italian Free
EasyTalk Learn Italian Free

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't hear it!!!, 9 Feb. 2014
This review is from: EasyTalk Learn Italian Free (App)
This app looked just the thing to help get me started, however after downloading the paid-for app (for the princely sum of £2.56) I am unable to hear it, the Italian voice being so quiet I have to strain to hear it in a silent room. I have turned my Android phone's volume up to max and am still unable to hear it, so with any background noise it's completely useless as I can't hear the pronunciations.
Grrr!!

The Fast Diet: The Secret of Intermittent Fasting - Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer
by Dr Michael Mosley

1.0 out of 5 stars £3.99 badly spent, 14 Mar. 2013
There's about as much science and rational explanation in the entire book as is in this sentence. Rush job, poor research & execution, waste of time.
My purchase of Dr Robert Lustig's Fat Chance: the bitter truth about sugar tells you all you need to know and more. That is a well-researched book. This is not.

Treasure Island
Treasure Island

5.0 out of 5 stars True classic, 27 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Treasure Island (Kindle Edition)
The story that started it all - adventure on the high seas, bloodthirsty pirates, daring heroes and treasure to boot. A true classic, as fresh and exciting to today's audience as it was all those years ago. I love this book and thoroughly recommend it to everyone. Enjoy- you will!

Honey: Nature's Golden Healer
Honey: Nature's Golden Healer
by Gloria Havenhand

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 16 Nov. 2011
I never knew there was so much to learn about bees and honey (let alone all the other bee products) until reading this wonderful book. I now know what to look for when buying honey and how to avoid inferior and overly processed honies ('honey laundering') which have had most of the beneficial goodness stripped out, to look instead for raw, unprocessed organic honey with the magical 'scum' on top containing pollen and trace bits of beeswax and propolis. I also know now to scrutinise the labels for details of the origins of the honey and have had the confidence to use my new-found knowledge to challenge the owner of my local health food store to find out more for me about the process that a local supplier uses on his honey. A lovely engaging book packed full of Gloria's extensive expertise and insights into bees, their habits, how and why they choose the flowers they do, how that affects the taste and health benefits...I could 'wax' lyrical for a long time about it. A must for anyone who wants to know more about this amazing superfood and, more importantly as an endangered species, the British honeybee.