Profile for J. Banks > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Disney Cars Storybook Collection
Disney Cars Storybook Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it, 23 May 2014
The grammar is woeful (so no different from any other Disney book) buty little boy loves it so happy days!

Technics Black Headshell
Technics Black Headshell
Offered by Annova (UK) Ltd
Price: 22.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job., 13 April 2014
Great value and genuine part. Highly recommended. I've fitted a new Shure cartridge and it looks and sounds great. Very happy.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, 1 Oct 2013
I ended up using my old Y cable (cheap from Amazon) with a proper Apple lightening adapter. Works just fine, unlike this one.

The Stone Roses: Made of Stone (2-Disc Collectors Edition) [DVD] [2013]
The Stone Roses: Made of Stone (2-Disc Collectors Edition) [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ The Stone Roses
Price: 7.80

5.0 out of 5 stars By a fan, for the fans, 31 May 2013
This may sound like an obvious statement but this is a film for fans of The Stone Roses. That's not to say that people unfamiliar with the band shouldn't check it out - they most definitely should - but this is a film that has been made (by an exceptionally talented director and super-fan) for fans of the Roses. And didn't he do well.

As expected, the access he has to the boys is unprecidented and this really becomes apparent during the jaw-dropping rehearsal footage. Shane was able to get right in their faces and you see them connect with each other like never before. I was smiling so hard my face was aching and just seeing this footage is worth whatever price Amazon ends up charging for the DVD. I was lucky enough to see it on the big screen last night and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy so I can watch it again. And again.

There are so many other highlights - the Parr Hall footage that takes you behind the scenes but also makes you feel like you were AT the gig (I've never felt that from any other documentary or live film before) - the Heaton Park footage - the opening scene that just pulls you in and gives you goose bumps - the fan interviews that make you realise how much they still mean to so many people. I could go on and on.

Basically, if you're a fan go and see it at the cinema!!! If you missed the chance to do that, pre-order this DVD and wait by the letter box until it arrives.

You won't regret it, you lucky people. Cheers Shane - you nailed it!

Dussel Grey/Charcoal Cover For Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch, Newest 2012 Kindle : Neoprene Slip Case / Sleeve For All 6" Non-Keyboard Kindle Models

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 4 Feb 2013
This sleeve is perfect for my new 6" Kindle. I would have given it 5 stars but the "Dussel" logo is a little bit wonky. This would annoy me if I'd paid more but it was a bargain so mustn't grumble.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I've been looking for!, 28 Oct 2011
Phoenix '95 was my first festival and when I saw this poster, I just had to have it. The packaging was robust and the poster itself is an original (you can tell by the colour of the paper - ever so slightly yellow - but this only adds to its authenticity in my opinion) so I'm very happy indeed. It even comes mounted on stiff cardboard so ready to be framed as is. Bargain.

Davina - Body Buff [DVD]
Davina - Body Buff [DVD]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall
Price: 8.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves it, 16 Sep 2011
This review is from: Davina - Body Buff [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my wife as she wanted to lose her baby weight but doesn't have time to hit the gym. She loves it and has really seen a difference after a few weeks of work. The workouts are intense but lighthearted and Davina is good laugh which helps. Highly recommended.

Creative Inspire T3130 (2.1) Speaker System with Subwoofer
Creative Inspire T3130 (2.1) Speaker System with Subwoofer

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my LCD telly, 27 May 2011
Cracking speakers. I use them with my 32" LG telly, they plug directly into the headphone socket and I can control the volume from the TV remote. Great value and arrived quickly. Spot on.

LG 32LE5900 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 100Hz LED Internet TV with Freeview HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Panasonic?, 13 May 2011
I bought this TV for our bedroom and we absolutely love it. The look and feel of the unit are first class. I really like the remote, which lights up at the touch of a button and the EPG which is far better than our 37" Panasonic (which is only 4 months old itself). The picture quality is excellent and the Freeview HD channels really pop. As the sound is usually pretty pants on flat screen tv's I also invested in a pair of Creative 2.1 computer speakers (incl. bass box) which plug in to the headphone jack meaning you can control the sound with the TV remote. A snip at [] and they compliment the set fantastically. This isn't the cheapest 32" around but with LED backlight (giving deeper blacks), Freeview HD and internet capabilities, I feel it's one of the best and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Havaianas Brasil Flip-flop Black Rubber - 8-9 Uk
Havaianas Brasil Flip-flop Black Rubber - 8-9 Uk
Offered by Flo & Joe
Price: 19.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 20 Dec 2010
Great quality & value. I usually take a size 9 so I opted for the 8-9 size and they're a perfect fit. Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2