Profile for J. Banks > Reviews

Havaianas Brasil Flip-flop Black Rubber - 8-9 Uk
Havaianas Brasil Flip-flop Black Rubber - 8-9 Uk
Offered by Flo & Joe

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 20 Dec. 2010
Great quality & value. I usually take a size 9 so I opted for the 8-9 size and they're a perfect fit. Highly recommended!

Kingsley Compact Double Mirror with Pouch-Round, Silver, Blue Enamel
Kingsley Compact Double Mirror with Pouch-Round, Silver, Blue Enamel

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but smaller than expected, 20 Dec. 2010
Good quality item but it's smaller than I expected. This could be my fault - I didn't check the dimensions beforehand. Delivery and packaging were spot on however.

Deutsche Elektronische Musik
Deutsche Elektronische Musik

5.0 out of 5 stars This compilation is a gem, 13 July 2010
I'm tight on time so can't give this the review it deserves. All I can say is it's bloomin' marvellous and you won't regret buying it!

MacBook Pro 15inch 2.4GHz (Intel Core i5, 4Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with 256 MB, SD card slot, Intel HD Graphics, up to 9 hour battery life)
Offered by IHI
Price: £1,686.88

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 28 May 2010
I bought a MacBook Pro to replace my old but fantastically reliable iMac G4. I'd purchased that particular machine over 5 years ago and it's never let me down so I knew I could buy Apple again with confidence. Okay, the high end macbook pro is more expensive than a windows laptop but the user experience is just infinitely better and I have faith that it will stand the test of time. I'm no computer expert - the macbook pro does heaps of stuff that I'll probably never use - but I do know that it's a wonderful piece of kit and the Intel i5 processor lets me do multiple tasks at lightening speeds.

Out of the box it feels strong and solid and the 15.4" screen is crisp and clear, just as you'd expect. I almost went for the 13" model but I'm glad I spent a little bit extra. You might as well if you're forking out this kind of money. My only gripe is regarding the 9hr battery life. I use mine mostly for movies and playing music and I don't think I've had anything like 9hrs from a full charge yet so beware of this if you take it on a long journey. This may be a little unfair as the screen is bound to sap more power if you're watching iplayer as opposed to writing an email but even so, I think 9hrs is unrealistic. That's basically the only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars.

In brief, if you want a powerful, sleek and reliable laptop that you (hopefully!) won't need to upgrade for a long time, you can't go wrong with this. It's a cracker.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2011 4:32 PM GMT

JBL On Tour Pocket-Sized Speaker System (Battery or AC power mini-jack connectivity)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried and tested, 1 April 2010
I've had mine for 2 years now. They've been used regularly, are extremely well built and the battery life is pretty darn impressive too. In my opinion, there are no better compact portable speakers available.

Midlife: A Beginner's Guide To Blur
Midlife: A Beginner's Guide To Blur
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but get all the albums!, 3 Jun. 2009
Great compilation of blur's best but if you really are new to these guys I'd strongly suggest starting on their first album, Leisure, and climb up the musical tree all the way to Think Tank. That way you'll really appreciate how the boys evolved over the years and you won't miss out on killer tracks like Oily Water, Jets, the list goes on and on. The same is true for any seminal band.

This 2nd 'best of' is great for a quick fix however and perfect for flinging in the car stereo for summer cruising.

Can't wait to see them next month!

Rock With The Hot 8
Rock With The Hot 8
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!!!, 22 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Rock With The Hot 8 (Audio CD)
I first heard Hot 8's cover of Sexual Healing when I saw Koop a couple of years back and was blown away. What a tune!!! I ran over to ask the support DJ who it was and he told me it was the Hot 8 Brass Band. Tried to order online the next day but to no avail and had forgotten all about it until I spotted that DJ Yoda had it on his Fabric album. Bless him! Found the album on amazon and ordered it straight away. No idea what the rest of the tracks are like but frankly I couldn't give a hoot, unlike those cheeky Hot 8 dudes. Buy this now and impress all your mates by sticking it on at the next party you rock up to.... Awesome!!

Page: 1 | 2