Profile for Miss Q > Reviews

Sony Xperia Z1 UK Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Sony Xperia Z1 UK Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by Enterprise Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars And then I tried it..., 29 Sep 2013
I have been , well had been, having a love affair with the Iphone ever since it came out. The latest release, namely 5S/C left me rather disappointed, as I had hoped that Apple would finally release a bigger-sized screen, at least alongside the current one . Hence the research commenced. Samsung? No thank you, I am certain that no one who held an Iphone can possibly settle for the train-wreck that is the Galaxy range, from a cheap feel to constant crashing and the infamous screen burns. The others did not excite me either. However, having seen the Sony Z1, I immediately fell in love and promptly upgraded to it. When I received it, I suddenly became reticent at the size of the thing. I mean. It is BIG. Chernobyl BIG. But then again, if you are considering it, you are obviously lured to its big boy credentials. Coming from an Iphone, the size hits you in your face like a truck does to a rabbit in the Scottish highlands. I thought I might play with it for a few days and then return it. But then I tried it. That very night, the protective covers went bye-bye and I needed no convincing that yes, He is the One. Fast, responsive, sleek and simply gorgeous. Yes, it is big, and the screen is fabulous. Call quality is very good, the interface is stunning. I needed something to double as a phone and a device for mapping the drives and much internet work when I am on the move. This is brilliant. It is unapologetic, the quality of an Iphone and the size of an Android.

Unfortunately, Apple and Samsung are dominating the marketing, but do not give this one a miss. Try it. I did and I love it.

UPDATE:

Put the Z1 through its paces, battery life is amazing, and you have multiple options to be a power-saving bunny if that's your thing.

The cons: The flaps look a bit flimsy to me, time will tell.

FOR MAC USERS: When the phone is connected to your Mac, you can download the software to your computer, called the Sony Bridge for Mac. It syncs your Itunes...AND Itune Playlists onto your phone in a few clicks, as well as Iphoto albums etc if you so wish, which is bloody brilliant.

AA Car Essentials Microfibre Mitt Detail Version
AA Car Essentials Microfibre Mitt Detail Version

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, 24 Sep 2013
Looks...interesting and yellow, but you know that before you purchase it. However, the material itself is not exactly the best microfibre I have come across, and those smudges on my windscreen it did not remove, no matter how much I rubbed and rubbed. And rubbed. And rubbed. To the amusement of the other drivers enjoying the show whilst in a traffic jam with me. Great workout though, I'll give it that.

DVD Storage Box in Silver Wire Mesh
DVD Storage Box in Silver Wire Mesh

5.0 out of 5 stars What I needed, 24 Sep 2013
Very sturdy, well made, worth every penny! And strangely enough, it actually looks very good! I wanted it for a different purpose, but ended up wanting to buy another one. Great item for your storage needs.

Tweezerman Stainless Cuticle Scissors
Tweezerman Stainless Cuticle Scissors

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 24 Sep 2013
Excellent scissors, very sharp and FINALLY I have found the ones I have been seeking for my cuticles, i.e. with the pointy end (cuticle cutters will know what I am talking about!)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Sep 2013
I am using Parallels on my Macbook Pro and I needed a Windows OS for it. Bloody fantastic, that you cannot purchase it on the Windows website, and going for an 8- that's funny, but no thank you. When I came across this situation we have being offered here, I was certainly sceptical, just like everyone else. But the key arrived by e-mail in less than 24 hours, I typed it in, and BOOM- all activated, all done. For just over 20 pounds. Fantastic! Thank you guys!